The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Only a theory lads not a tip - however i noticed that the Pipe horse Gaspara was entered for a race at Fontwell at the weekend. It was supposed to be about 12/1 or so. Now this mare rattled up around 5 wins on the trot in the spring of 2007 and as a result was hammered by the handicapper. It has done next to nothing since. It was about 12/1 in paper at Fontwell but when i checked the early price in William hills they had it at 7/2 fav. Next thing it was declared a non runner. Its entered in the 4.40 at Cheltenham on the Friday and is 33/1 with PP and Ladbrokes but Hills cut it into 16/1. The race its entered for is the Martin Pipe conditional jockeys handicap. I smell a rat.

Donnellys Hollow

That handicap will be devilishly difficult like last year. There's a crazy amount of horses entered for it and I imagine the handicap will be very compressed. Heard some positive noises about Meath All Star from one of the preview nights. Gordon Elliot is at one of the preview nights in Maynooth next week so I'll be interested to hear what he has got to say. Given that he has run at both Ffos Las and Musselburgh the English handicapper might not be as harsh on him as some of the other Irish raiders.

Blazing Bailey should break his duck over fences in the 3:50 at Leicester today. Miles clear of these on hurdles form and there's no improver like Burton Port in the field today.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

i fancy
3.50 Leicester: BENCH WARRANT
LINGFIELD 4.40 ... Aah Haa small E/W @ 33/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

beer baron

Fouund a good link to watch racing uk and international racing if anyone interested http://yb.edgeboss.net/wmedia-live/yb/22261/1_yb-yb466_070601.asx

Mickey Linden

Quote from: beer baron on March 02, 2010, 03:23:35 PM
Fouund a good link to watch racing uk and international racing if anyone interested http://yb.edgeboss.net/wmedia-live/yb/22261/1_yb-yb466_070601.asx

That is post of the year! I cna see racing in work! Will Cheltenham be shown on this?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 02, 2010, 03:45:37 PM

That is post of the year! I cna see racing in work! Will Cheltenham be shown on this?
There were loads of links for Cheltenham last year Mickey if I recall

Mickey Linden

This is the first one that has ever worked in work tho. Anything referencing horseracing is usually banned.

beer baron

Homer

Quote from: maddog on March 02, 2010, 11:27:07 AM
Only a theory lads not a tip - however i noticed that the Pipe horse Gaspara was entered for a race at Fontwell at the weekend. It was supposed to be about 12/1 or so. Now this mare rattled up around 5 wins on the trot in the spring of 2007 and as a result was hammered by the handicapper. It has done next to nothing since. It was about 12/1 in paper at Fontwell but when i checked the early price in William hills they had it at 7/2 fav. Next thing it was declared a non runner. Its entered in the 4.40 at Cheltenham on the Friday and is 33/1 with PP and Ladbrokes but Hills cut it into 16/1. The race its entered for is the Martin Pipe conditional jockeys handicap. I smell a rat.

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 02, 2010, 01:35:53 PM
That handicap will be devilishly difficult like last year. There's a crazy amount of horses entered for it and I imagine the handicap will be very compressed. Heard some positive noises about Meath All Star from one of the preview nights. Gordon Elliot is at one of the preview nights in Maynooth next week so I'll be interested to hear what he has got to say. Given that he has run at both Ffos Las and Musselburgh the English handicapper might not be as harsh on him as some of the other Irish raiders.

Blazing Bailey should break his duck over fences in the 3:50 at Leicester today. Miles clear of these on hurdles form and there's no improver like Burton Port in the field today.

Last year, same race, Pipe junior ran no less than 7 horses in a futile attempt to land the race in honour of his father. Best he could manage was 3rd place.

That field also included Gaspara who unseated

turk

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 02, 2010, 03:45:37 PM

Agreed, heroic stuff!!

winsamsoon

Are master minded and Dunguib worth a £500 double for cheltenham?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Family guy

new devil

only1clansinlurgan

winsam im only letting you know. BLACKSTAIRMOUNTAIN wins the first at cheletenham... get on it at 14-1..  ;) ;)

ruby rode it last day out in ireland in a massive field.. it tanked home.. ;)

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: only1clansinlurgan on March 03, 2010, 06:20:00 PM
winsam im only letting you know. BLACKSTAIRMOUNTAIN wins the first at cheletenham... get on it at 14-1..  ;) ;)

ruby rode it last day out in ireland in a massive field.. it tanked home.. ;)

He did indeed tank home. However, that was a maiden hurdle and Dunguib has tanked home in two Grade 1s on the bounce.

If Willie thought he had a realistic chance of beating Dunguib he wouldn't be anywhere near 14/1. I doubt Flat Out would be going for the race either. Decent e/w shout along with Oscar Whisky and may be worth a punt NRNB with PP's money back if Dunguib wins offer. Barring a fall Dunguib wins hard held though.

I'd be a bit sceptical about Master Minded. He looked impressive at Newbury but I'd question the oppostition he was up against. If there's anything still niggling him the likes of Kalahari King will expose it. I think this is a far better renewal than the last two and I wouldn't be mad keen on him at odds on.

Have your single monkey on Dunguib and then play up your winnings for the rest of the week would be my advice.

There's always at least one or two hotpots turned over every year at Cheltenham. Just look at last year's festival - Kasbah Bliss 10/11, Voy Por Ustedes 4/5 and Binocular 6/4 all chinned. Of the four this year Dunguib, Master Minded, Big Bucks and Kauto Star - at least one will probably get beat. For me Big Bucks would be the most likely candidate. His lazy run style leaves him vulnerable to a closer.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?