The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

if the rest of the day carries on like this I will be having a cracking weekend on the drink!!!!  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Plenty of opportunities to top up the Cheltenham bank on some short ones this weekend.

Sitting on a 25/1 docket on Captain Cee Bee for the Arkle so hopefully he'll have a nice handy race tomorrow at Naas. Should win head in his chest with a clear round.

Henderson has two sure-fire winners at Sandown in Binocular and Punchestowns. He also has a juvenile hurdler making his debut there called According. Supposed to be his Triumph Hurdle horse.

Big day on Sunday. Carlito Brigante has a straightforward task over at Musselburgh. Pitoni will win the Grade 1 juvenile at Leopardstown. I'd want to be against Weapons Amnesty in the PJ Moriarty. I think he is too slow for 2m5. Don't think I'll bet in the Hennessy but if Cooldine is back to his RSA form from last year he will make short work of them.

Bet of the weekend is the 4/6 still available with Paddy Power for Dunguib's SP to be odds-on in the Supreme Novices. He is 1/3 for Sunday and when he wins he'll surely be cut again for Cheltenham. You're pretty much getting 4/6 about the horse winning the Deloitte on Sunday.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 05, 2010, 03:52:50 PM
Plenty of opportunities to top up the Cheltenham bank on some short ones this weekend.

Sitting on a 25/1 docket on Captain Cee Bee for the Arkle so hopefully he'll have a nice handy race tomorrow at Naas. Should win head in his chest with a clear round.

Henderson has two sure-fire winners at Sandown in Binocular and Punchestowns. He also has a juvenile hurdler making his debut there called According. Supposed to be his Triumph Hurdle horse.

Big day on Sunday. Carlito Brigante has a straightforward task over at Musselburgh. Pitoni will win the Grade 1 juvenile at Leopardstown. I'd want to be against Weapons Amnesty in the PJ Moriarty. I think he is too slow for 2m5. Don't think I'll bet in the Hennessy but if Cooldine is back to his RSA form from last year he will make short work of them.

Bet of the weekend is the 4/6 still available with Paddy Power for Dunguib's SP to be odds-on in the Supreme Novices. He is 1/3 for Sunday and when he wins he'll surely be cut again for Cheltenham. You're pretty much getting 4/6 about the horse winning the Deloitte on Sunday.

Unless he goes for the Champion Hurdle?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

http://www.racingpost.com/blog/horse-racing/philip-fenton/its-an-entry-absolutely-nothing-more/673000/

If he was going to the Champion Hurdle he'd have ran two weeks ago at Leopardstown and not in the novice on Sunday. Zaynar, Go Native and Solwhit would all have to fall in a hole for them to even consider the champion.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 05, 2010, 08:26:20 PM
http://www.racingpost.com/blog/horse-racing/philip-fenton/its-an-entry-absolutely-nothing-more/673000/

If he was going to the Champion Hurdle he'd have ran two weeks ago at Leopardstown and not in the novice on Sunday. Zaynar, Go Native and Solwhit would all have to fall in a hole for them to even consider the champion.

Fiar enough DH. I wouldn't dare contradict you when it comes to matters of the turf!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Candyman

Sitting on a 25/1 docket on Captain Cee Bee ;D for the Arkle so hopefully he'll have a nice handy race tomorrow at Naas. Should win head in his chest with a clear round.

Henderson has two sure-fire winners at Sandown in Binocular ;D and Punchestowns. He also has a juvenile hurdler making his debut there called According. :'( Supposed to be his Triumph Hurdle horse.

According was terrible!!!

beer baron

Well lads i haven't got any word, but i see gordon elliot has a few runners over in musselburgh-worth keeping an eye in the market as he usually  knows when his horses will run well  ;)

Lecale2

Quote from: beer baron on February 07, 2010, 10:34:36 AM
Well lads i haven't got any word, but i see gordon elliot has a few runners over in musselburgh-worth keeping an eye in the market as he usually  knows when his horses will run well  ;)

Good call BB. I backed the double.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Candyman on February 06, 2010, 02:26:27 PM

Henderson has two sure-fire winners at Sandown in Binocular and Punchestowns. He also has a juvenile hurdler making his debut there called According Supposed to be his Triumph Hurdle horse.

Desperate run alright. Thankfully didn't back him. I've already had my fingers burned on Alaivan for the Triumph.

Dunguib underlined again what a monster he is. His jumping was sketchy but he won with around five stone in hand! He's a Presenting as well and they are usually better on good ground. I'll probably be getting the first plane home if he doesn't win the Supreme Novices.

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 07, 2010, 09:24:54 PM
Quote from: Candyman on February 06, 2010, 02:26:27 PM

Henderson has two sure-fire winners at Sandown in Binocular and Punchestowns. He also has a juvenile hurdler making his debut there called According Supposed to be his Triumph Hurdle horse.

Desperate run alright. Thankfully didn't back him. I've already had my fingers burned on Alaivan for the Triumph.

Dunguib underlined again what a monster he is. His jumping was sketchy but he won with around five stone in hand! He's a Presenting as well and they are usually better on good ground. I'll probably be getting the first plane home if he doesn't win the Supreme Novices.

Good word DH.Cheers :) Backed Carlo Brigante,got 11-10. Didnt do Pittoni or Dunguib but right on all accounts.Weapons Amnesty beaten too.

Treasurer

Super stuff from Dunguib and Joncol! 

RealSpiritof98

Left the ole boy in the road on saturday and stayed for one, went home 2 hours later thanks to Mr Monkerhoston and Dancing Dik a lot heavier, even missed lambs nap at Naas,

Try my luck with these 4:
Grey Command 5.30 wolv
Burton Point, 3.10 south
Its a classic 1.50 ling
Coda agency 4.20 ling

Got word for the last selection.

Mickey Linden

Hows the ante-post portfolio looking now Donnelly? Your bound to be happy enough with Dunguib? Think I might lay a bit of my liability off at this stage on him.

What do u see as being other festival bankers? Im thinking Big bucks and Garde Champetre should both win while Punchestowns is also looking impressive.

What odds do u reckon Ruby will be for top festival jock?

Delighted to see AP getting the ride on Denman too. Think AP will get the best out of the horse and I would strongly fancy Denman to go and win the big one!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 08, 2010, 02:32:34 PM
Hows the ante-post portfolio looking now Donnelly? Your bound to be happy enough with Dunguib? Think I might lay a bit of my liability off at this stage on him.

What do u see as being other festival bankers? Im thinking Big bucks and Garde Champetre should both win while Punchestowns is also looking impressive.

What odds do u reckon Ruby will be for top festival jock?

Delighted to see AP getting the ride on Denman too. Think AP will get the best out of the horse and I would strongly fancy Denman to go and win the big one!

I think its shaping up well enough at the moment Mickey. February is always the month to be wary though. There's always a few casualties as horses step up their preparations at home.

My festival will revolve around Dunguib. I'm on at a range of prices from 7/2 down. Its not going to be a life-changing sum of money but it will definitely define my betting year. I'll probably hedge a bit with a few of the English novices on the day. I can't see too many trainers rushing to take him on though.

Very pleased with Captain Cee Bee at 25/1, Pandorama at 25/1, Rite Of Passage at 20/1 and Karabak at 14/1. Captain Cee Bee has a favourites chance but the Arkle does look fierce competitive and he'll have to jump well. I'd be a bit more confident about Pandorama after seeing Punchestowns on Saturday and Weapons Amnesty on Sunday. If Punchestowns clouts one like that at Cheltenham then its race over. I think Pandorama will jump and gallop and is well capable of running into the money. Rite Of Passage has done all that has been asked of him so far and will probably go off favourite. Big Bucks does look nailed on in the Stayers but for me, Karabak is the only one that will give him a race. I can't warm to Tidal Bay at all.

Hurricane Fly at 11/2 and Alaivan 7/1 looks like money down the drain at this stage. Hurricane Fly doesn't look like lining up and Alaivan was found out at Christmas. I'm happy enough to let that bet run though because the 4yos look exceptionally weak this year.

Elsewhere, Garde Champetre is the standing dish over the banks and you can't desert him. I like Tranquil Sea very much e/w in the Ryanair. He beat Poquelin easily in the Paddy Power yet he is nearly twice the price. Kalahari King also stands out e/w in the Champion Chase. Very impressed with his comeback at the weekend. I think Quevega is the one to be on again in the mares race. I think Voler La Vedette should be running in the Champion Hurdle as I don't think she is as good over 2m4.

Ruby will probably be short enough as usual for the top jockey. Nicholls will have his usual 3/4 winners but Willie's form doesn't really inspire confidence. Apart from Quevega, I wouldn't fancy any of his at this point in time but that could change. I wouldn't back anyone for top jockey yet until the handicap weights come out. Ruby will pick up a few rides for the likes of Tony Martin but Geraghty will have a good book of rides too and I always like Henderson's in the handicap chases at the festival.

Mickey Linden

Cheers Donnelly, very informative as usual. your festival portfolio doesnt look bad at all to be honest.

Mine not looking great. Think Sportsline could run a big race in the Arkle but havent attached much hope to Quel Esprit or Alvian.

Also meant to ask u if u attended any Cheltenham preview nights? Do u know any good ones coming up round Dublin or Swords in particular?

Cheers