The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Hardy on December 19, 2009, 04:05:30 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 19, 2009, 03:39:02 PM
I've heard from a fairly reliable source that Albertas Run will be aimed at the Ryanair this season Hardy.

That makes sense - I've checked and the 75 price represents a jump from 40 earlier - word must be out. That's the trouble with Ante-post

Looking at Alberta's Run for the King Geroge, have I missed something regarding injury or a possible other race?

If not 20/1 must surely represent each way value given that he chased Kauto home last year in the same race? Form average enough this year though I suppose.

Quote from: goldenyears on December 22, 2009, 08:56:32 PM
Hearing strong word for noble prince on stephens day

What race is that?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Noble Prince is in the Grade 2 three mile hurdle on Monday.

I thought he might be a World Hurdle candidate after his Naas win but he went to Navan the following week and got stuffed by Aitmatov. Wouldn't surprise me if there was something wrong with him that day. If he's back to his Naas form he is good enough to beat Ninetieth Minute and Oscar Dan Dan (who is better right handed).

War Of Attrition is an interesting entry there considering he is not in the Lexus. Mouse must be protecting his handicap mark for Liverpool.  :o

Heard word today that An Siorrac is probably out for the season.  :'(
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2009, 11:47:16 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 22, 2009, 10:27:13 PM
Heard word today that An Siorrac is probably out for the season.  :'(
I don't know what a siorrac is but if it's a searrach, it's still a bit young.

Ask Dermot Cox. Think he owns him so he probably named him too.  ;)

Donnellys Hollow

Give Punchestown Racecourse a bell. He was chairman there a few years ago. Presume he still is!

Donnellys Hollow

Decs are out for Saturday. Kauto Star should be good enough for a fourth King George because the rest of the field look no better than Grade 2 class with the exception of Imperial Commander and I couldn't back him given his indifferent record right-handed. Doubt I'll have a bet in the race.

Its a pity there's only 7 runners in the Christmas Hurdle for e/w purposes. I'd fancy Starluck e/w if it was three places but I'll probably have a win bet on Go Native now against Binocular. The track and ground will suit Go Native perfectly and I get the sense that JP, Henderson and McCoy are fast losing patience with Binocular. Interesting that Nicholls pitches Pepe Simo in here Sammy?  ;)

Sports Line runs at Limerick instead of the Grade 1 novice at Leopardstown. Reduces the chances of getting a good e/w price about Captain Cee Bee against Osana and Sizing Europe unfortunately. Alaivan should be a backable price given that he takes on an unbeaten Noel Meade trained, John Corr owned juvenille. I will be having another few bob on for the Triumph before he runs. Weld's Rite Of Passage is probably worth a small antepost punt for the Neptune Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham before he makes his hurdling debut in the first. I'm hoping for a good day for DK with Universal Truth and Elegant Concorde also running.

Some punts I'll be having:

Kempton
12.45 - Belvano
2.30 - Go Native

Limerick
2.10 - Sports Line

Leopardstown
12.10 - Rite Of Passage (NB)
12.45 - Universal Truth
1.20 - Alaivan (NAP)
3.30 - Elegant Concorde

Down Royal
3.00 - Agus A Vic
3.30 - Lean Times

Mickey Linden

Why do u think Sports Line is swerving Lepordstown Donelly? Is it just because Mullins yard is out of sorts?

I was looking forward to seeing him race here as I have him backed for the Arkle. Surely he will be odds on in Limerick?

Donnellys Hollow

I suspect its more that Willie knows Mikael D'Haguenet is his Arkle horse rather than Sports Line. I think Willie knows he probably wouldn't be good enough against Sizing Europe, Osana and Captain Cee Bee. The Limerick race is 2m3 as well so its possible that he thinks Sports Line might be more of a Jewson/Powers Gold Cup horse.

The yard is definitely blowing hot and cold at the moment. He might be a decent price at Limerick on the back of that. There's some useful horses up against him like Coolcashin, Faltering Fullback, Beau Michael, Mr Warbucks, Oscar Looby and River Liane. I'd expect him to be around the 6/4 mark but its hard to tell. How the market develops in the morning will tell a lot.

football-4-life

Got a tip today for the 2.10 race at limerick!! wont be beat i have been told

Lawrence of Knockbride

boojangles

Quote from: football-4-life on December 24, 2009, 12:10:05 PM

Ahem???

Never like to hear the words 'won't be beat'.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: boojangles on December 24, 2009, 05:47:06 PM
Quote from: football-4-life on December 24, 2009, 12:10:05 PM

Ahem???

Never like to hear the words 'won't be beat'.

The Greenmount (2:10) is probably the most competitive race anywhere over the whole day.

Baily View, Beau Michael, Coolcashin, Dancing Tornado, Faltering Fullback, Mr Warbucks, Oscar Looby, River Liane, Sam Adams, Sports Line, Swift Counsel  :o

You couldn't write any of them off with any degree of assurance. Your man's having us on if he has a sure thing for a race like that. Its a Grade 2 not a sh1tty little handicap or nursery on the AW where you can land a nice touch.

Lecale2

Is The Maze off? Sports Line is a NR.

souljaboy

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 26, 2009, 11:10:13 AM
Is The Maze off? Sports Line is a NR.

maze is off yeah, poor card anyway in my opinion, sports line a non runner also
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

Donnellys Hollow

Having a bit of a shocker so far. Omens for the day for bad when Rite Of Passage gets injured on the way to the racecourse!

Alaivan pulled hard early but the Gigginstown horse absolutely murdered him. Fair fcuks to Gordon Elliott.

Might have to get stuck into Kauto Star later to get out of trouble.

sammymaguire

connections quitly confident that Pepe Simo will win the 2.30 - a decent e/w bet would be made handier by another runner
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!