The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: boojangles on December 11, 2009, 07:32:54 PM
Word for Dirar in 920 Wolves. mite get 9/4. have a look at it.Gordon Elliott trains.

nice winner pal. missed it though  >:( never backed a thing last night
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

stiffler

What yas reckon for the king george?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

pebble-dasher

Good man boo had dirar and king of connaught double, still likely going to get cleaned out today tho!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: stiffler on December 12, 2009, 09:40:29 AM

Think I'll break the habit and avoid the Great One. Not sure he'll get the Btefair chase run out of his legs. Would agree with the poster on here (think it was Donnelly's Hollow) who said he'd have been better starting the season at Down Royal.

Alberta's Run ran a great race last year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

boojangles

Gonna chance Chaptourgeon today in the Boylesports and HoldEm ew.

goldenyears

clan tara and sizing mexico today in fairyhouse

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 12, 2009, 10:59:23 AM
Quote from: stiffler on December 12, 2009, 09:40:29 AM

Think I'll break the habit and avoid the Great One. Not sure he'll get the Btefair chase run out of his legs. Would agree with the poster on here (think it was Donnelly's Hollow) who said he'd have been better starting the season at Down Royal.

Alberta's Run ran a great race last year.

Twas meself alright. Kempton is his track but he had a hard race in heavy ground at Haydock. I don't see anything in the race to beat him (Imperial Commander probably better going the other way round) but I wouldn't want to be taking the 8/11 about him. If you do fancy him I'd back him now though because he's only going to get shorter.

Champion Hurdle picture thrown up in the air again today with Celestial Halo and Punjabi beaten. Having another few bob on Hurricane Fly now as a result. I'd be fairly confident Ruby will ride him now after today, expecially if he goes and wins well at Christmas.

Good action tomorrpw at both Cork and Navan. Willie Mullins has had a few turned over recently but I reckon he'll have a good day. Fancy Quel Esprit and Golden Silver down at Cork. Cousin Vinny, Donnas Palm, Rhyl Accord and Tornedo Shay at Navan.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Mighty Man running in a novice chase at Hereford (2:10) later on today  :o

The Watcher Pat

Had Poquelin, tell massini and Zanir in a treble yest....

Zanir going well until race void at last fence...Ach well at least have the double up...Suppose it's better than being beat....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

sammymaguire

14:55 Kempton Shakalaka 5/2
Shakalaka is an interesting runner here for G Moore. Blinkers are applied for the first time and the horse is stepped up in trip. Also G Baker is on board and personally I think that all these combined gives the horse an excellent chance here.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

The Wee Chief is a decent looking e/w bet at 9/2 in the 3.25
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Treasurer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 13, 2009, 01:23:16 AM
Mighty Man running in a novice chase at Hereford (2:10) later on today  :o

Looked impressive.

Donnellys Hollow

Anyone else see the Fallon doc on the BBC?

He looks healthier and as well in himself as he has done in the last decade. If he has finally put his demons to rest I wouldn't bet against him being champion jock again next year.

He has probably burned his bridges with Magnier, Tabor and Smith but its still clear that he is very grateful to Coolmore/Ballydoyle for standing by him during the Old Bailey trial. I think that was one of the most admirable decisions the Turf Club ever made by allowing him to retain his license over here during that period while the British equivalent shamed themselves by banning a man before he was proven guilty.

I would love to see him back as Stoute's no. 1 instead of that moody crank Ryan Moore.

Donnellys Hollow

Henderson and Geraghty the men to follow at Newbury again tomorrow. Their record when teaming up there is exceptional.

Osric, Oscar Whisky and Candy Creek all with great chances. Zazamix in the first at Bangor could give the same yard another winner.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!