The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Quote from: Joxer on November 25, 2009, 09:26:05 AM
Naas abandoned.

Was on this site this morning looking a few tips.  It's usually pretty good

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/racing/racing_tipping_centre/

I also had the Irish News in my hand and was comparing them.  Was suprised to see that Red Hand has the exact same tips in the IN.  This lazy journalism or are they the same person?

Dundalk tonight 7.30  Lord Kenmare

"Redhand" and "Newsboy" have been providing tips to loads of Newspapers for 120 years.

sammymaguire

2 triers here, gonne try an e/w double

Whistleinthewind
    2/1 SP         
LINGFIELD
2:35 MAIDEN STAKES 1m
2009-11-25 14:35:00
Win or each way
Whistleinthewind
1/5 places 1,2,3   

Quick Release     8/1 SP         
LINGFIELD
3:10 HANDICAP (0-85) 1m
2009-11-25 15:10:00
Win or each way
Quick Release
1/5 places 1,2,3   

Est. returns: 766.00

Total stake: 50.00
Potential returns: 766.00
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

1 30 COLOMBARD
2 40 RUSTARIX
3 45 COURT IN MOTION

all trying this afternoon so I am informed....
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Oak Leafer

Hugh Taylor at it again!

Zarrafakt won @12/1 and Exmoor Ranger just won @ 4/1!

Done Rustarix and Court In Motion in an e/w double so fingers crossed!

Hugh has also went for Call me a legend in the 3.15

Clown

did a small each way double on get me out of here 3.15 newbury (won at 4/1) and brimham boy 2.30 (2nd at 10/3)

im no good at working out in my head each way doubles but the online calculator is saying i get the same for 'get me out of here' winning than i wud hav if it had been placed.
why is this so?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Clown on November 26, 2009, 03:27:31 PM
did a small each way double on get me out of here 3.15 newbury (won at 4/1) and brimham boy 2.30 (2nd at 10/3)

im no good at working out in my head each way doubles but the online calculator is saying i get the same for 'get me out of here' winning than i wud hav if it had been placed.
why is this so?

Because if they both don't win you only get paid out on the place prices.  You need both horses to win for a decent return for horses in around the prices you have mentioned.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 26, 2009, 03:12:50 PM
Hugh Taylor at it again!

Zarrafakt won @12/1 and Exmoor Ranger just won @ 4/1!

Done Rustarix and Court In Motion in an e/w double so fingers crossed!

Hugh has also went for Call me a legend in the 3.15

Tipped that beast up on here for a handicap at Wincanton a few weeks ago and it ran like a hairy goat. Hope people reclaimed the losses today.

That Hugh Taylor is some operator alright. He puts the overhyped Pricewise to shame. Segal is good for some of the big flat sprint handicaps but he's rubbish over jumps.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Oak Leafer

2 3rd Places....sweet! Cheers Sammy boy!

Work for the owners of 2 highly thought of sprinters so will keep you all posted on any news!

sammymaguire

not that pleased myself, things being a bit tricky in last few weeks... all about you fancied in the 4.30 lads, fallon riding 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 26, 2009, 04:29:48 PM
not that pleased myself, things being a bit tricky in last few weeks... all about you fancied in the 4.30 lads, fallon riding

I'm taking a break...  ???  >:(  :-\  it was J P Guillambert not Fallon too!  :'(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

boojangles

Have a look at Boynagh Joy 645 Dundalk.

Get up ya boy ya ;D ;D

gerrykeegan

Top man boo! Your two from two for me. Your getting a christmas card
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

sammymaguire

Quote from: boojangles on November 26, 2009, 06:02:42 PM
Have a look at Boynagh Joy 645 Dundalk.

Get up ya boy ya ;D ;D

nice winner, boo, but i missed it booooooooooooohhhhoooooooooooo :( i know i said i was quitting but jack rio e/w and street legal in the last of the day for me .... i might have one for tomorrow afternoon too....
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

boojangles

No bother Gerry,the more people that beats the Bookies the better.
Sorry Sammy didnt get on,I owe you a few winners at this stage.
Il look out for ya 2mrw,headin to Dublin for the wkend could do with a few beer vouchers.

Declan

Steeplechase and hurdle racing in the Australian state of Victoria will be abolished in 2010, prompted by the deaths of 20 horses in two years.

The decision follows a comprehensive review of the sport and has been welcomed by animal welfare groups.

However, members of the racing industry have reacted with anger, calling it "unbelievable" and "appalling".

Racing's governing body in Victoria had conceded that the sport was in decline because of mounting safety concerns.

Furious response

Animal rights campaigners have described racing over hurdles and fences as not only shameful and barbaric but "morally wrong".

An official review of the industry last year recommended a raft of new safety measures, all of which were adopted by authorities in Victoria.

Despite the changes, the fatalities have continued, with eight horses dying in races this season.

The deaths prompted an urgent investigation, which has resulted in the banning of the sport.

It has drawn a furious response from some owners, trainers and jockeys.

Steeplechase events in Victoria will go on for another year in an attempt to soften the impact of their abolition on those involved.

Neighbouring South Australia, the only other state in the country that allows jump racing, has said its programme will continue and hopes to attract trainers and horses from Victoria.

However, officials in South Australia are not celebrating and have expressed deep concerns about the long-term viability of their steeplechasing industry.