The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Harchibald is drifting like a barge but I'm still not sure about Sizing Europe. Chasing could be the making of him but he ran like there was a hole in him in the top hurdles last year. Race to watch rather than get involved in financially I'd say.

Huge gamble going on Meade's newcomer in the bumper. I've heard he's fairly useful but the value might have gone in the price. If the money comes for Mullins' horse on track he might come out to a backable price again.

Another one of Dunguib's bumper victims has made a successful hurdling debut in the first after Sweeps Hill winning last week at Tipp. Some Present didn't jump well at all but still won fairly handily in a maiden hurdle that usually throws up a decent horse.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

have a little e/w double on Rod Millman's horse in the 5.10  ;) along with Casey Jones in the 4.45 cos I think there is value with him
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Treasurer

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 15, 2009, 04:33:28 PM
have a little e/w double on Rod Millman's horse in the 5.10  ;) along with Casey Jones in the 4.45 cos I think there is value with him

Fair dues, would have missed him only for this.

boojangles

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 15, 2009, 04:33:28 PM

Hope ya did Casey Jones on his own Sammy? George Thisby was never in it.
Just a wee Question about an Each way Double?- If, like in your bet there, the first horse wins but the 2nd horse is only placed-Do ya get the win and place bet going on to the placed bet or is just a place double?

sammymaguire

no just done the double, and indeed, end up empty handed...  >:( looks like Millman's good run is slowing down
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

souljaboy

A horse for the rest of the season is the 5yo Voller la vadette from the Colm Murphy yard that won today at 5/2 in the 3.45 at punchestown, good record last year and the owner says Murphy believes it has as much potential as Brave Inca, look out for its next run probably at Down Royal on November 6th, you heard it here first  :o :o
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

armagh leg-end

headin to Cheltenham tomorrow for the two day meeting! cant wait
Ard Mhacha Abu

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: souljaboy on October 15, 2009, 06:28:37 PM
A horse for the rest of the season is the 5yo Voller la vadette from the Colm Murphy yard that won today at 5/2 in the 3.45 at punchestown, good record last year and the owner says Murphy believes it has as much potential as Brave Inca, look out for its next run probably at Down Royal on November 6th, you heard it here first  :o :o

She reminds me a bit of the unfortunate Fethard Lady from the same yard. She should clean up in the mare's races with Willie Mullins saying this week that Quevega won't be out till the new year and possibly might go to Cheltenham in March without a prep.

Sizing Europe was visually very impressive and he looks to now be over his back problems that have dogged him since the '08 Champion Hurdle. I'd want to see how he reacts when something gets him off the bridle and he's asked to battle before I'd consider him for the Arkle though. I'm still not totally convinced he'll put it all in up the hill in March. He runs at the Paddy Power meeting next time out so we should get a better handle on his ability over fences after that test.

Another good hurdler going chasing is Snap Tie who runs in the second race at Cheltenham tomorrow. He's only a few lbs off the best over hurdles and has always looked like making a better chaser. Hopefully there'll be a few firms going bigger than the 8/11 currently available on Betfair but if he's still that price than it could be worthwhile doubling him up with Evan Williams' Barizan in the juvenile hurdle who will be a short price.

sammymaguire

Some pointers (not tips or info) for this afternoon's racing from the UK's national hunt HQ

WEATHER FRONT possibly fits the bill for me.

opposing DH with Nicholl's RIPPLING RING

AIMIGAYLE but VERY open race

PARSONS LEGACY has the ability and stats behind him

BARIZAN who attempts a four-timer here with Tony McCoy in the saddle.

GAORA LANE, again, wide open race but this would be a small interest bet

Nicky Henderson's CRYSTAL ROCK makes for interesting reading, especially with Barry Geraghty riding.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

rossie mad

ther is a horse called inler racing in the first race in newmarket at 1.30.

I noticed last week that this horse went from very big odds to a 15/8 fav in a race last week but was pulled out just before the off and was also pulled out of a race on sunday.

I think he is 7/4 today.

sammymaguire

All these are fancied by connections (do as you see fit)

3:30 Cheltenham
Iroquois Warrior  @ 7/2 
  3:55 Redcar
Arctic Cosmos  @ 5/2 
  5:50 Cheltenham
Crystal Rock  @ 7/2 
  8:45 Wolverhampton
Mondego @ 4/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

DennistheMenace

RIP Inglis Drever, loved that horse.

maddog

Donnellys Hollow

Great little horse. A lazy fecker but he'd always battle and stay when asked to win his race. I was at Cheltenham for his third Stayers Hurdle when he held off the French horse and the place went beserk.

Workmanlike chasing debut from Snap Tie. I think he won with a bit more in hand than the bare form suggests. Johnson wanted him to learn something from it and his jumping improved throughout the race. He'll go back to Cheltenham for the Paddy Power meeting according to Philip Hobbs where he could meet Sizing Europe. Could be an Arkle trial to look forward to.

Family guy

nice wee day for mc coy there lads,any1 else have a nice day  ;)