The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

girt_giggler

You should make a daily tips from you, any of todays racing?

girt_giggler

Just passing on info chaps!  No 'word' for any today though!

Homer

Anyone see no. 2 in the 6.10 at Leicester  :)

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Homer on May 19, 2009, 11:50:06 AM

That's gas, noticed it myself this morning.

Sizing Europe is making his chasing debut at Punchestown this evening. I know he's turned into a bit of a hound but even on the worst of his hurdles form this year he wouldn't need to come off the bridle to win against this lot surely? Might be worth the double with Deutschland in the first.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

Is that the horse 'George Baker' ridden by a G Baker and trained by a George Baker ??

WTF!

boojangles

Lecale2

47/87. I missed some very obvious ones.

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 19, 2009, 01:45:39 PM

Sizing Europe is making his chasing debut at Punchestown this evening. I know he's turned into a bit of a hound but even on the worst of his hurdles form this year he wouldn't need to come off the bridle to win against this lot surely? Might be worth the double with Deutschland in the first.

Hope ya did that double.I backed Deutschland in the 1st but forgot about Sizing Europe.He won handy and definitely looks a prospect for chasing.He had no problem jumping and the 2 and half miles didnt take him off the bridle.Always liked the horse,would love to see him become a top chaser-Mite give me a chance to win some money back Iv lost backing him.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: boojangles on May 19, 2009, 11:56:00 PM

Hope ya did that double.I backed Deutschland in the 1st but forgot about Sizing Europe.He won handy and definitely looks a prospect for chasing.He had no problem jumping and the 2 and half miles didnt take him off the bridle.Always liked the horse,would love to see him become a top chaser-Mite give me a chance to win some money back Iv lost backing him.

Did the double alright. Easy money! Not exactly a huge payout but it should cover the weekend's porter.

Was going to back Sizing Europe again in a single when he went out to evs but I bottled it. I often find these classy hurdlers are overpriced in beginners' chases. Your pretty much taking a shade of odds on about a horse jumping round.

He won pulling a plough after him today but that opposition wasn't up to much. He jumped very well but I'd still be a bit sceptical about him next year. He'll win races if he's campaigned shrewdly but he might struggle if he's pitched into the hot novice chases with the likes of Mikael D'haguenet, Fiveforthree and Pandorama, who are all going over fences.

Truth be told, I still haven't forgiven him for the '08 Champion Hurdle. Couldn't believe how well he was going coming down the hill until stopping like he'd been shot turning in. I'd say whatever happened him then is the cause of his problems. If De Bromhead can get him right he still has a future. It seems like he's been around forever but he's only a 7yo.

Homer

Placed 3rd at 33/1.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Homer on May 20, 2009, 10:19:04 AM

Placed 3rd at 33/1.

Noticed that myself this morn!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

D4S

Sligo Abandoned this evening lads!

Just heard word for a horse tonight 9.00 Sedgefield called Diktatorship. Has just come in to 7/1 from 10s + 12s in the last 40 minutes!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 20, 2009, 01:06:08 AM
Quote from: boojangles on May 19, 2009, 11:56:00 PM

Did the double alright. Easy money! Not exactly a huge payout but it should cover the weekend's porter.

Was going to back Sizing Europe again in a single when he went out to evs but I bottled it. I often find these classy hurdlers are overpriced in beginners' chases. Your pretty much taking a shade of odds on about a horse jumping round.

He won pulling a plough after him today but that opposition wasn't up to much. He jumped very well but I'd still be a bit sceptical about him next year. He'll win races if he's campaigned shrewdly but he might struggle if he's pitched into the hot novice chases with the likes of Mikael D'haguenet, Fiveforthree and Pandorama, who are all going over fences.

Truth be told, I still haven't forgiven him for the '08 Champion Hurdle. Couldn't believe how well he was going coming down the hill until stopping like he'd been shot turning in. I'd say whatever happened him then is the cause of his problems. If De Bromhead can get him right he still has a future. It seems like he's been around forever but he's only a 7yo.

Same as Donnelly,had my biggest bet of the week on what I saw as Banker on Sizing Europe in 08.I seen the dollar signs when he was coming down that hill,then Bang-Nothing.Couldnt believe it. But something showed up after that race that wasnt right about the horse.I dunno how well he travels really-some problems when he travelled over for Cheltenham lately,Transit sickness or something although he has won in England-Long walk Hurdle was it?.We will prob see more of him at home Id say tho. Quotes of 12-1 for the Arkle.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: boojangles on May 20, 2009, 02:16:34 PM
Same as Donnelly,had my biggest bet of the week on what I saw as Banker on Sizing Europe in 08.I seen the dollar signs when he was coming down that hill,then Bang-Nothing.Couldnt believe it. But something showed up after that race that wasnt right about the horse.I dunno how well he travels really-some problems when he travelled over for Cheltenham lately,Transit sickness or something although he has won in England-Long walk Hurdle was it?.We will prob see more of him at home Id say tho. Quotes of 12-1 for the Arkle.

He won the Greatwood Hurdle at the Paddy Power Cheltenham meet in '07. Think he also won his maiden hurdle at Newbury but I could be wrong on that.

Doubt the bookies will be doing much business at a measly 12/1 for the Arkle. You'd think some of them would grow a spine. O'Regan was very pleased after the race though and he said that 2 miles over fences could be the making of him.