The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: ardmhachaabu08 on April 13, 2009, 04:28:19 PM
5/05 Fairyhouse....Fella said to me about a horse called Ross Accord (around 4s). Came from course apparantly

Got Aran Concerto rang thru to him  yesterday

He got a word for Aran Concerto?  ::) Just as well as it is such a low profile horse you wouldnt back it otherwise.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Sad to hear that Wichita Lineman suffered a fatal fall at the first. Terrible fortnight for Johnjo O'Neill.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 13, 2009, 10:14:54 PM
Sad to hear that Wichita Lineman suffered a fatal fall at the first. Terrible fortnight for Johnjo O'Neill.

Drumconvis also...

Katchit

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 13, 2009, 10:14:54 PM

Jez never heard that, always remember that ride by McCoy at Cheltenham on Lineman.

boojangles

Was up at Fairyhouse yesterday,seen the Drumconvis fall,missed Wichita Lineman Did they both have to be put down?

Homer

Quote from: boojangles on April 14, 2009, 02:06:31 PM
Was up at Fairyhouse yesterday,seen the Drumconvis fall,missed Wichita Lineman Did they both have to be put down?

Unfortunately so. A very bad couple of weeks for Jonjo O'Neill.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Homer on April 14, 2009, 02:31:56 PM

Terrible for AJ Martin as well, he was completely gutted about the death of Clarified in Cheltenham, he thought that horse would go on to be the greatest that he trained, he was still mentioning him yesterday morning and kept going on about hoping that all three came home safe. Drumconvis was another talented young horse who had much promise. I've a lot of time for Tony myself and a big blow to the yard to lose two good horses like that.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

boojangles

Quote from: Homer on April 14, 2009, 02:31:56 PM

That is unreal,its only the more I watch racing the more that I appreciate good horses.I still havent got over Exotic Dancer.Like what a horse.He never knew when he was bet and always gave it his all.Im sure he's seen it all before but it must be serious tough on John Joe O Neill to lose his 2 stable stars in 2 weeks.
Changed my mind at the last minute from Fisher Bridge to Carthalawn.20-1 feck sake :'( :'( :'(

Our Nail Loney

One for all us Down men today:

4:35 | 13 Mourne Rambler (R C Colgan, 8-1 joint-2nd-fav)

Lecale2

Treasurer

Bad day today.  Raging I missed Fisher Bridge!

illdecide

I'd f**king stop cancer at the minute...Done a horse in the Irish national, fecker fell at the 1st fence and died. Done a horse today and it fell on hurdles...yes f**king hurdles...and don't even start me on the football :'( :'(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Diet Coke

Quote from: illdecide on April 14, 2009, 11:58:52 PM
I'd f**king stop cancer at the minute...Done a horse in the Irish national, fecker fell at the 1st fence and died. Done a horse today and it fell on hurdles...yes f**king hurdles...and don't even start me on the football :'( :'(

Give up your oul sins!! ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

youbetterbelieveit

Had myself Niche Market in the National on monday, delighted.

boojangles

Each way word for Tony Martins Meadows Thyne 400 Fairyhouse today. Horse has been disappointing last few runs but stable back in form and has slipped to a low enough mark.About 6-1