The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treasurer

Thyne Again drops dead

(© Inpho)

Liam Burke's star performer Thyne Again dropped dead on the gallops this morning.

The 8-y-o Grade 1 winner was an intended traveller to Cheltenham for the Champion Chase and this is a big blow to Burke's yard and the owners.

Thyne Again contested last Sunday's Hennessy Gold Cup at Leopardstown, but failed to stay the trip on his first try over 3 miles.

He was given an easy time of it by Shay Barry once his chance had gone on Sunday and returned home in great form.

ulster-boy

king ar aghaidh each way in the next at huntingdon 14/1. not really a tip but it seems to be an improving sort and i tink it mite run into a place!

Our Nail Loney

Feels like I havent gave a winner in ages so hope this can redeem me

My boss' horse in the 8.20 at wolver, is out for the win tonight apparently

INNER VOICE

Don't go mad now...

Fingers crossed, I have a ton on it...

Our Nail Loney

Absolute f**king donkey

Am never gonna back it again

Apologies...

TacadoirArdMhacha

Aw for frig's sake. I'm only ever on your friggin losing tips! Had an awful hassle getting the bet on too cos I couldn't remember my coral password - just made it with seconds to spare. Ah well......
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 20, 2009, 08:30:14 PM
Aw for frig's sake. I'm only ever on your friggin losing tips! Had an awful hassle getting the bet on too cos I couldn't remember my coral password - just made it with seconds to spare. Ah well......

My boss is on the rage, calling Lambe all the names of the day, told him ten minutes before the race it wouldn't be beat

Was beat a mile out!

Tiberius

Just got a fon call woth a tip for Pristine Condition in the 4.20 at Leicester currently 6/1

Lecale2

SidelineKick

Im guessing Patrick Power, Stanley James or William Hill  :D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Puckoon

Anyone going off the horses for Lent?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Puckoon on February 24, 2009, 05:07:13 PM

no chance. Cheltenham stuck right in the middle... been told to have a good e/w on PLANET OF SOUND 12/1 in the ARKLE
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 25, 2009, 10:41:45 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 24, 2009, 05:07:13 PM

no chance. Cheltenham stuck right in the middle... been told to have a good e/w on PLANET OF SOUND 12/1 in the ARKLE

This horse is in my horse alerts, Richard Johnson himself picked it as his horse to follow there at the start of the season in the National Hunt Book the Racing Post made...

Form over xmas boosted there yesterday by Song Of Songs winning very easily, won by 1.5 lengths, could have been thirty if it had not eased off

sammymaguire

3.50 Bangor been told to have a good go at Ultimate Limit, which is going up 10lbs on Friday and won easily lto and is being backed today so far.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 25, 2009, 02:14:28 PM
3.50 Bangor been told to have a good go at Ultimate Limit, which is going up 10lbs on Friday and won easily lto and is being backed today so far.
Well done Sammy, maintaining your 100% record.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 25, 2009, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on February 25, 2009, 02:14:28 PM
Well done Sammy, maintaining your 100% record.

:D :D

Hope illdecide was on I'M THE DECIDER there at Bangor, a great ride from AP, won at 11/8