The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off The Fence

Folks, 

Who is riding Denman on Saturday?

EDIT:  Just after finding the answer to my question.  I'd say Thomas would be well pissed off even if he is having a stinker!

full back

Bit of word for Gower in the 8.50 @Wolver
Has been gambled from 25's
If you can get 10/1 or better take it ew

Muzz

10/1 with Stan James
12/1 Skybet

TacadoirArdMhacha

Alberta's Run 6/1 to beat Denman tomorrow. Ran very well at Kempton at Christmas. Bit of value there considering Denman's been inactive for near 11 months?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

full back

Quote from: full back on February 06, 2009, 02:10:27 PM
Bit of word for Gower in the 8.50 @Wolver
Has been gambled from 25's
If you can get 10/1 or better take it ew

Stuffed  :-\
Apologies to those who threw away their hard earned cash

Louth Exile

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 06, 2009, 11:33:06 PM
Alberta's Run 6/1 to beat Denman tomorrow. Ran very well at Kempton at Christmas. Bit of value there considering Denman's been inactive for near 11 months?

I'm with you on this one, I think that you would have to be mad to be backing Denman at 1/2 and 6/1 is attractive for a horse who was second in the King George over C&D. Alot of talk about Denman going righthanded, I don't think that this will be any problem to him, he is a pretty straighforward horse. But, since 06 all his runs have been on undulating, gallopping tracks (which are also all left handed) Leopardstown, Newbury & Cheltenham. Kempton is flat and tight, so I don't think that it will bring out the best in him.

Jonjo is in good form, so is the horse, he has AP on board looking for 2,999, but the main concern is the soft ground for Albertas.

Denman is a monster of a horse, who they won't have been too hard on at home and you can safely say that he won't be fully wound up for today and probably carrying a bit of condition. Alot of question marks, however, he is a class horse of the highest order and will probably come out and murder them  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Homer

Been told Excape is an excellent prospect for hurdling and makes his debut over the obstacles today in 1.30 at Plumpton. Best price 7/4 at the moment.

girt_giggler

the ground would be a big no no in thinkking about backing excape

Homer

Quote from: girt_giggler on February 09, 2009, 01:15:43 PM
the ground would be a big no no in thinkking about backing excape

Aye looks that way with the market  :-\ Fingers crossed

Homer

Apologies lads, no use. Hopefully he'll get our money back another time under better conditions.

Joxer

2,999 for AP,

After winning on Hello Moscow,

Surely must break it today now

Our Nail Loney

miss sarenne 10/11 from 1/1 now in the next

T O Hare

MCCoy fell when leading at the last, unreal!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: T O Hare on February 09, 2009, 03:52:01 PM
MCCoy fell when leading at the last, unreal!!!!!

Some scream in the bookies here!

Joxer

Lol,

You couldnt write this stuff!!

Who won it?