The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: drici on January 24, 2009, 01:09:01 PM
Diamond Harry romps home at 8/15x.

Wouldnt say romped home, had my heart in my mouth, was my biggest ever bet!!

Now for Punchestowns...

Brick Tamlin

2 Lucky 15s for today:

Don 2:50 - On Raglan Rd
Chelt 3:10 - Walkon
Don 3:25 - According to Pete
Chelt 3:45 - Punchestown

Chelt 2:05 - Akilak
Chelt 2:35 - Tidal Bay
Chelt 3:45 - Big Bucks
Chelt 4:20 - Five Dream

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: C_Berg_316 on January 22, 2009, 07:11:26 PM
I've been monitoring it for a while now - like i said when i first mentioned it - horses this guy tips arent usually great prices but they are nearly always placed - thinking about starting a months trial of a something small like 2.50 each way on each of his tips and keeping a spreadsheet of the outcome - if after a month ive made some profit maybe increase the stake - if not ill forget about it..... :D

not really much point going ew on them tips there.you might as well have the fiver straight on all them
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Our Nail Loney

Big Bucks beats Punchestowns...

Lost a hundred on it but still up a bit for today and got my football done for free

Treasurer

Great win by Brave Inca.

And a great day for me thanks to 25-1 Chateux D'eu!!

T O Hare

a good weekend of racing. Punchestowns also let me down but had Joe Lively backed so i was happy with him.. Willie and Patrick Mullins are taking the piss with the bumpers.... What will Willie do in Cheltenham?
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bennydorano

Tip circulating for All Roads Lead in the 3.00@Taunton. 14/1

Lecale2

Quote from: bennydorano on January 27, 2009, 02:17:19 PM
Tip circulating for All Roads Lead in the 3.00@Taunton. 14/1

Good man Benny I need a good tip at the end of a long dry January. It's 33/1 on Betfair. I managed to borrow £100 from the Credit Union and stuck it on the nose. Here's hoping.

Lecale2

I think he pulled up before the last.

Homer

Slim Pickings put down after breaking a leg on the gallops.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/home.sd?story=87082

Grand National-placed Slim Pickings put down
By Tony O'Hehir 12.59PM 27 JAN 2009

SLIM PICKINGS, who twice finished in the first four in the Grand National, will be missing from the list of entries for this year's Aintree spectacular after breaking a leg at the weekend.

The ten-year-old's trainer Tom Taaffe said on Tuesday: "Sadly, Slim Pickings has had to be put down. He broke a hind-leg pastern doing a routine canter on the gallops at the weekend. It is the sad side of racing, especially when you consider all the fences he jumped during his career.

"I couldn't say anything until today as I had to contact all his owners. I'm very sorry for them and for my staff. We only had the horse for two seasons but he gave us all a couple of great days at Aintree."

A son of Scribano, Slim Pickings finished third behind Silver Birchand Mckelvey in the 2007 John Smith's-sponsored Grand National, when he was beaten only two lengths by the winner. He finished fourth behind Comply Or Die last year and was ridden both times by Barry Geraghty.

Owned by the Doubtful Five Syndicate, he won four of his 27 races over jumps and was placed on ten other occasions. All of his wins were achieved when he was trained by Robert Tyner, for whom he won a bumper and a maiden hurdle before twice scoringover fences during the 2006-07 season, when he landed the Irish Field Novice Chase at Punchestown and the Imperial Call Chase at Cork.

Slim Pickings ran three times this season, putting up his best effort when second to Watson Lake in the Fortria Chase at Navan in November.

full back

An awful lot of boys looking to back Ike Quebec in the 7.20
Anyone hear/know anything about it?
Has been gambled in from 33/1

Off The Fence

Quote from: full back on January 28, 2009, 11:44:23 AM
An awful lot of boys looking to back Ike Quebec in the 7.20
Anyone hear/know anything about it?
Has been gambled in from 33/1

Into 5/1 at the start.........

Off The Fence

Mickey Linden

Raging I missed Lurgan today! Backed him last time out.

Heard Big Zumo has decent each way claims in the last!

T O Hare

Glenfinn captain let me down today ona yankee. Had three up and was waiting on it >:(

On a related note, it always puzzles me how the  bookies in Newry make money, every man seems to know his stuff ;D ;D
Every racecard is marked, every man was talking to a trainer etc
Newry has the most bullshitters in the whole world!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"