The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

I guess one could say then that i'm the decider firmly put i'lldecide in place  ;) ;) :D :D ps i see the white smoke was flowing last night at the club saan.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 16, 2009, 09:58:38 AM
I guess one could say then that i'm the decider firmly put i'lldecide in place  ;) ;) :D :D ps i see the white smoke was flowing last night at the club saan.

Hoor ya...there was white smoke alright...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Mickey Linden

Question for Our Niall. Can you place a bet where you pick a number of horses to be placed only? Do u get a 1/4 the odds for them then?

full back

There is a market on Betfair where you can bet on any horse to be placed & it gives you a price (rather than 1/4 the odds

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 16, 2009, 12:13:44 PM
Question for Our Niall. Can you place a bet where you pick a number of horses to be placed only? Do u get a 1/4 the odds for them then?

You can't do the bet in a normal bookies no... You would need to do an each way accum, and would get 1/4 the odds for the place yes, 1/5 in some places though so watch out. Though we have a list of horses up every day for place only specials on the wall, always better odds than 1/4...

Our Nail Loney

Master Minded was flawless, AGAIN, there yesterday, has to be the festival banker, thinking of having my biggest ever bet on him come Cheltenham!!

winsamsoon

(2)    River Kirov

S Drowne
M Wigham
3241-11  6
9-1 11-8 6-4   13-8
Odds History: 11-8 6-4
SP

1-5

10-11

2-5

W/O

Could it be four in a row????????????? 4:50 Kempton

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 18, 2009, 12:06:05 PM
Master Minded was flawless, AGAIN, there yesterday, has to be the festival banker, thinking of having my biggest ever bet on him come Cheltenham!!

Best priced 4/11 though Nail. Not a lot of value there but he did look superb.

As for the champion hurdle, as you suggested after Chrirstmas Nail, Binocular has drfited out a bit-- 11/8 with Paddy Power.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 18, 2009, 03:51:51 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 18, 2009, 12:06:05 PM

Best priced 4/11 though Nail. Not a lot of value there but he did look superb.

As for the champion hurdle, as you suggested after Chrirstmas Nail, Binocular has drfited out a bit-- 11/8 with Paddy Power.

Yeah a lot of pundits have been voicing their doubts about Binocular over the Cheltenham course, its a speed horse all the way and flatter tracks such as Ascot and Aintree where it has done so well will obviously suit better... Would have been good to see Nicky give the horse a run at a more undulating course but sure then it would be too easy! obviously it will be the fastest horse in the race but I dunno...

At the minute I have started putting little amounts on my favourite horse in the race, Sublimity, backed it last year and thought it was cruising around the final bend but wasn't too be... Looks to be hitting top form again this year at the right times...

Don't rule out Katchit either, the Champion Hurdle is probably the race I am looking forward to the most...

winsamsoon

seen that Drici that just shows how badly they are struggling for numbers. If i could get of work i would have ventured down. Help out their old chest fund. :D :D :D

JohnDenver

Did you see this article Our Nail, would have been a nice early profit if you had backed Master Minded before saturday.

http://www.cheltenham-festival.co.uk/article363.html

Our Nail Loney

Yeah saw it this morning, shoudl have lumped on saturday night when I made my mind up, sadly was waiting til I saved a lot more... It has inspired me more anyway to do my bet, but going to wait til after the february run...

bigfrank

2.30 Southwell

Majuro (spencer rides)

backed into 11/8 from 15/8 and looks to have a great chance!

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 20, 2009, 12:38:47 PM
Yeah saw it this morning, shoudl have lumped on saturday night when I made my mind up, sadly was waiting til I saved a lot more... It has inspired me more anyway to do my bet, but going to wait til after the february run...

Nail why would u back a horse at 1/4 in a championship race at Cheltenham? Surely there is better value out there?