The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

Quote from: ardchieftain on March 11, 2014, 04:37:23 PM
What happened to Our Conor has put a real dampener on the day. The connections must be devastated.

Anyone know anywhere i can watch the 4.40 race online, without placing a bet?

Ma288 only works on laptops etc not iPad

Hardy

Quote from: ardchieftain on March 11, 2014, 04:37:23 PM
What happened to Our Conor has put a real dampener on the day. The connections must be devastated.

Anyone know anywhere i can watch the 4.40 race online, without placing a bet?

A bit late now but Racing UK is on http://www.gofirstrow.eu/

Click:
Other
Others
Racing UK
Link 1

ardchieftain

Cheers anyway Hardy, will save that for future reference.

Broke even today, could have been worse. How did everyone else get on? Any strong fancies for tomorrow?

Morning Assembly is meant to appreciate better ground and is an ew price. Is Faugheen a good thing? Is Sire de Grugy? Am trying to find something to beat the latter. Balthazar King loves good ground but has 11.12 in the cross country. Dunguib is in a handicap!! Top weight though.

More studying to do..............

Milltown Row2

Wed isn't a great day for backing (well for me anyway) going for Ruby's last one Shaneshill, and will try a £2 each way treble, for a interest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Has many made use of the on-line offers being put up by the bookies? Quite a few flying around at the minute. Haven't looked at the small print yet but hoping to get a chance at lunch. Any good offers worth taking advantage of?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

illdecide

How many of you fancy "Faugheen" in the first race? Don't know much about it tbh but the thought of getting the day of to a good start is tempting.

Got the winner of the 1st race (£5), last race(£5) and Quevega(£20) so made a few quid but i'm just betting small.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2014, 11:45:12 AM
How many of you fancy "Faugheen" in the first race? Don't know much about it tbh but the thought of getting the day of to a good start is tempting.

Got the winner of the 1st race (£5), last race(£5) and Quevega(£20) so made a few quid but i'm just betting small.

Betting what you can afford, keep your £30 from yesterday and play with the winnings again, means you aint going to lose. Was looking at that horse also:

"Faugheen is fancied to defend his unbeaten record and deliver Willie Mullins a third triumph in the two-and-a-half-mile novice hurdle.

A winner in the point-to-point field, Faugheen slammed Josses Hill in a bumper at Punchestown last May, before being sent over obstacles this winter.

Only the needy or greedy got involved with the 1-5 favourite for his hurdling debut at Punchestown in November, but Ruby Walsh's mount landed the odds with the minimum of fuss.

It was a similar story at Navan the following month, as Faugheen hardly broke sweat to justify an SP of 1-9.

Mullins, who saddled Fiveforthree to victory in 2008 and Mikael D'Haguenet 12 months later, sent his six-year-old for a Grade 3 event over three miles at Limerick three days after Christmas, and Faugheen duly took his hurdles tally to three from three.

Afterwards, Mullins, concerned at his gelding's condition, changed Faugheen's feed – but the Co Carlow trainer reports all to be well with the favourite going into today's race"

Short priced for a big ish field.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Ok, nice surprise when I lifted yesterday bet, more than I thought I was going to get.

So £3 e/w treble done on O'Faolain's Boy, Faugheen and Indevan, plus £6 on Shaneshill in the last. Still playing with Ladbrooks money and a fiver left for tomnorrow if nowt today

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2014, 12:55:21 PM
Ok, nice surprise when I lifted yesterday bet, more than I thought I was going to get.

So £3 e/w treble done on O'Faolain's Boy, Faugheen and Indevan, plus £6 on Shaneshill in the last. Still playing with Ladbrooks money and a fiver left for tomnorrow if nowt today

Oh dear!!!

AZOffaly

Two out of Three ain't bad.

Milltown Row2

Milltown Row2

never kickt a ball

No problems with Hawk High today 33/1

winsamsoon

Nice wee ante post £1 ew lucky 15 running, vatour7/2, my tent or yours5/1, balthazars king @6/1 one to go, should be fun. Was def money to be made today I balleds it up as usual
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Lecale2

Isn't the EW Lucky 15 settled win-win place-place?