The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Lovely. What a show. I didn't realise he was that good. On that display he'll challenge Hurricane Fly for favourite come next year's Champion Hurdle.

tommysmith

Quote from: beer baron on March 15, 2013, 01:33:09 PM
Anyone know of a trainer called WA Murphy?Looks to be attempting a bit of a job on his 4 runners at Wolvs tonight,all off the track for a long time and getting well backed  ???

I had 3 of his horses selected each at 3/1 odds and i could just get SP on the last one.

When i went back to the bet slip it said odds in others had changed.

Can only get SP on all them at moment.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Just been onto a friend of mine that's pretty clued up on the irish racing scene and he says the only W. Murphy he knows is a p2p trainer  :o Surely its not him  ???

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 15, 2013, 01:56:51 PM
Yahoo!!

I think half of Ireland must've had  him  :D Even my mother  ;D

EC Unique

2 winners in a row. Get in!  8)

Hardy

Am I wrong to say shoddy course management cost Jane Mangan the Foxhunters there? Why not have a temporary rail there instead of a rope? It took the horse by surprise and she had no chance.

Muzz

You may have a point there Hardy on the fence but surely she would have known there was a rope there and knew to keep the horse out from it?

Hardy

Quote from: Muzz on March 15, 2013, 04:22:41 PM
You may have a point there Hardy on the fence but surely she would have known there was a rope there and knew to keep the horse out from it?

Yes, ultimately it's her fault. But she's eighteen, about to win a race at the festival. The horse is obviously following the rail, the rail disappears, the horse keeps left, suddenly there's a pole in front of him and he has to dive right. It's easy to be wise after the event, but it seems a little help from the course management in the form of a plastic rail pulled into place for the last circuit wouldn't go amiss. I won't be surprised if we see it after this.

tommysmith

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2013, 04:31:13 PM

Yes, ultimately it's her fault. But she's eighteen, about to win a race at the festival. The horse is obviously following the rail, the rail disappears, the horse keeps left, suddenly there's a pole in front of him and he has to dive right. It's easy to be wise after the event, but it seems a little help from the course management in the form of a plastic rail pulled into place for the last circuit wouldn't go amiss. I won't be surprised if we see it after this.

No need for a plastic rail for the winner he knew where the winning post was  8)

winsamsoon

Quote from: beer baron on March 15, 2013, 01:33:09 PM
Anyone know of a trainer called WA Murphy?Looks to be attempting a bit of a job on his 4 runners at Wolvs tonight,all off the track for a long time and getting well backed  ???
What chance do u have, money for four horses and all u can get is sp on all four one of which hasn't been on the track for over 900 days
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Muzz

Absolutely and it could have been prevented by the course management as you say.  Probably will see changes.

That said she was travelling well and I guess we will never know but would Salsify got her anyways?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Muzz on March 15, 2013, 05:32:07 PM

Absolutely and it could have been prevented by the course management as you say.  Probably will see changes.

That said she was travelling well and I guess we will never know but would Salsify got her anyways?

A double up with Alderwood and McCoys other winner earlier on. Only day I didn't lose!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Muzz on March 15, 2013, 05:32:07 PM

Just after seeing the race there and I can't see Salsify catching Oscar Delta with so little left to the post. Desperately unlucky for her and no doubt she felt the race was hers when 3 ahead and 2 out.

ranch

Local bookies was offering 40/1 this morning for an Our Conor and Bobs Worth double. Easy money and crazy odds!  :)

Also had Our Conor in a double with At Fishers Cross and got Salsify at 3/1 this morning as well in a single. One good day has me up for the week thankfully.