The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Another potential Curley masterpiece tomorrow, the first at Kempton!! Market should be interesting... ;-)

Don Johnson

Quote from: Candyman on January 23, 2012, 11:56:47 PM
Another potential Curley masterpiece tomorrow, the first at Kempton!! Market should be interesting... ;-)

5s to 7s on Stan James so far.

sammymaguire

Mytara 10s and Dr Rock 20s might worth keeping an eye on in the 4.10 @ Leicester
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

maddog

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 12, 2012, 12:31:08 PM
http://www.examiner.ie/sport/racing/fly-firmly-on-course-for-leopardstown-179928.html

PP going 7/2 for him to win both the Irish & English Champion Hurdles? Hmmmm........

Went to do that bet there and i see its into 5/2. I wanted to double it up with quevega but it wont let me. I suppose if HF clicks just stick the lot on the mare.

Armaghgael

Fancy Robert Tyners horse for the big race tomorrow if it makes it. He wont enter a horse in a big race unless it has a good chance
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

sammymaguire

Quote from: Armaghgael on January 25, 2012, 09:46:29 PM
Fancy Robert Tyners horse for the big race tomorrow if it makes it. He wont enter a horse in a big race unless it has a good chance

Definitely running?? See it's down as first reserve on Irish racing website

First reserve Tullintain will run in Goff Thyestes Chase after Start Me Up withdrawal.

I am really fancying Zaidpour to beat VLV today too... 13/8 with Ruby riding  ???   ???   ???

Tiernans Terror looks a good bet in the 3.35 at 16/1 - going back to win the race for the 2nd year in succession  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

I knew I should have put Zaidpour on a seperate post.  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

last one for today, taking on WP Mullins... on the back of MOSCOW MANNON's rider Declan Lavery rides out at Willie Mullins' and has opined that this horse is as good as any bumper horse he has sat on this season at Closutton. That will be put to the test here in a smart contest as Morning Royalty looked a high-class performer last time. Ultimately, Lavery's 7lb allowance tilts the balance in favour of the Northern raider. 15/8 in a two horse race  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Armaghgael

Fu*k missed the race :( :(

sammymaguire

Quote from: Armaghgael on January 26, 2012, 05:49:51 PM

f**k missed the race :( :(

never mind, it didnt win
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Armaghgael

2nd 12/1 i would happily take it

attheraces

DH have you seen much of black caviar? They are always on about how to make racing more appealing to bring in the numbers. Will some numbnut ever get his thinking cap on and try to arrange a proper match up between Frankel and BC, make it in the interests of both parties and market the s**t out of it, imagine the publicity worldwide. I know they are both set to run at different distances this year but surely it makes sense.

Just seems to me that its to easy for trainers/owners to pick these shite races to suit and pick up their prize moeny, rather than giving what the people want to see. Surely there is a way to incorporate sponsors etc to make it worthwhile. If they want to grow interest surely they need to get the "best" vs the "best" on a regular basis like every other sport in the world.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Donnellys Hollow

Problem with the flat is that there are so many vested interests and it is only part (albeit a massive part) of the wider bloodstock industry. Any match would have to be held over 7f and there aren't really any suitable races anywhere I can think of over that trip. Juddmonte have taken a big risk in keeping Frankel in training and I doubt they'll want him to lose the unbeaten tag. I personally don't think he is that attractive a stallion prospect but that's hardly an exact science. Galileo is yet to prove himself as a sire of sires but Teofilo did have quite a good first crop and some of the New Approach foals and yearlings went for good money.

The big match ups in NH are fast becoming a rarer occurance nowadays too with Cheltenham becoming the be all and end all. Why so few English raiders for such lucrative cards at Leopardstown this weekend when the prize money over there is so pitiful? This craic of leaving a horse off for three or four months to get them right for March is complete bollocks IMO.

Looking forward to seeing how this Silver Concorde goes tomorrow considering the market support that was behind him the last day against Un Atout. Fabulous pedigree with his dam out of the great Ridgewood Pearl.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Bud Wiser

Heading to Leopardstown tomorrow. Any one any ideas of what could go well? Was going to back Hinterland but last time I went for Boston Bob instead, Hinterland is 2/1 so that does not excite me that much. Cant see anything at the moment so maybe just go with the flow I suppose.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

beer baron

Just watching a replay of a few of the races at Dundalk this evening and 8.50 had a messy enough finish to it,anyone called into the stewards room? Or is that a pointless question  ::)