The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 18, 2011, 12:42:32 PM
Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 18, 2011, 12:30:24 PM
Remember Now 12.50 haydock...McCoys fancied to win... ;)

doing this one in a double with 3.55 ASCOT - DECOY 6/4

f**king chasing already... what a start to the weekend  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 17, 2011, 11:09:04 AM
Horse I'm really looking forward to called Simonsig (hosed up in the p2p bumper at Fairyhouse) makes his hurdling debut tomorrow for Henderson at Ascot.

Nothing race but he looks like a horse with a serious engine.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

drici

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 18, 2011, 01:15:41 PM

he looks like a horse with a serious engine.

Sure listen Tracy...

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: drici on November 18, 2011, 01:19:30 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 18, 2011, 01:15:41 PM

he looks like a horse with a serious engine.

Sure listen Tracy...

Real chaser in the making. Whatever he does over hurdles is a bonus.

thewobbler

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 17, 2011, 01:40:56 PM
Right lads Im interested in anyone that was over at Cheltenham last week or ever before, im organising a stag for the bro and I think we want the open meeting at PP next year.

Has anyone been on these before?

Does anyone know the best agent/hotel/bnb to go through?

All thoughts and opinions are welcome!

We went to the January meeting for my stag (6 years ago!).

We stayed in Bristol and got the train up and down. This was dead handy; they've got busses running on a loop all day from the course to the train station. Train tickets were cheap too as it was off peak times.

Bristol was a good city for nightlife, there's everything in it and quite a few stag-friendly bars and clubs. Good sized city and fairly friendly locals who weren't as used to the Irish as some cities. There were heaps of flights out of Belfast to Bristol at the time too. It's quite a handy run from Cardiff too if Bristol flights are busy.

Donnellys Hollow

Have been hearing a few very positive bulletins about Midnight Game (O'Leary/Mullins) who goes in the maiden hurdle at Punchestown tomorrow. Similarish profile on the flat to Hurricane Fly and fetched big money as a yearling.

Looking forward to Oscar Whiskey at Ascot. I think he's a horse who will have a very good season. He shapes like a two and a half mile plus horse and his only two lifetime defeats were when fourth in the Supreme Novices and third in the Champion Hurdle. Very surprised he's not odds on considering the number of winners Henderson banged in today.

John Ferguson's (flagged him up a few weeks ago as a trainer to follow) horse in the bumper is one to keep an eye on going on his first run. It was a falsely run race but the way he just clicked through the gears was seriously impressive.

Muzz

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 18, 2011, 09:33:27 PM
Have been hearing a few very positive bulletins about Midnight Game (O'Leary/Mullins) who goes in the maiden hurdle at Punchestown tomorrow. Similarish profile on the flat to Hurricane Fly and fetched big money as a yearling.

Looking forward to Oscar Whiskey at Ascot. I think he's a horse who will have a very good season. He shapes like a two and a half mile plus horse and his only two lifetime defeats were when fourth in the Supreme Novices and third in the Champion Hurdle. Very surprised he's not odds on considering the number of winners Henderson banged in today.

John Ferguson's (flagged him up a few weeks ago as a trainer to follow) horse in the bumper is one to keep an eye on going on his first run. It was a falsely run race but the way he just clicked through the gears was seriously impressive.

You talking about Population?

BennyHarp

Aw noooo!! Oscar Whiskey just let me down on a £10 treble with Master Minded 15/8 and Dynaste 8/1. Gutted!!
That was never a square ball!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 19, 2011, 02:51:55 PM
Aw noooo!! Oscar Whiskey just let me down on a £10 treble with Master Minded 15/8 and Dynaste 8/1. Gutted!!

Would have won two or three lengths.........  :'(

Donnellys Hollow

attheraces

Bounced back again! What a horse!
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

beer baron

What a horse and what a ride by Ruby,didn't back anything in the race but was roaring it home!Absolutely class!

BennyHarp

Great performance by Kauto Star, wonder is it a final kick or could he push on from this? Long Run had a decent enough run in behind!
That was never a square ball!!

bridge fan

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 19, 2011, 02:51:55 PM

me also for 800 quid   :'(  :'(

bridge fan

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 19, 2011, 03:27:53 PM
Great performance by Kauto Star, wonder is it a final kick or could he push on from this? Long Run had a decent enough run in behind!

great win for kauto and great to see but i think long run will come on the most for the run needs to get jumping better tho