The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Two early ones at Warwick;

Desert Philosopher in the 2.20 is being well backed to beat the odds on fav and Saby's Gem in the 2:50, last two times it was due to run, it was well backed before being pulled. Its drifitng today so it could be just out for a run... gonna keep an eye on it anyhow  8) 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

Where do you all use for your horse alerts?

I normally used easyodds but the site is playing up at the minute doesn't let me add or take away horses and I want to get mine sorted for the NH racing.

What is the gg.com ones like? Easyodds send an email every morning one of mine are running with a couple lines form and then my personal comments. Not gonna be any good though if I am stuck with last year's horses.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 03, 2011, 02:45:16 PM
Where do you all use for your horse alerts?

I normally used easyodds but the site is playing up at the minute doesn't let me add or take away horses and I want to get mine sorted for the NH racing.

What is the gg.com ones like? Easyodds send an email every morning one of mine are running with a couple lines form and then my personal comments. Not gonna be any good though if I am stuck with last year's horses.

http://www.irishracing.com/v5tracker
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

El Dececy in the last at Leicester looks like a really solid bet today  ;) currently 3/1 fav

how come there is racing on a Tuesday afternoon in October in Tipperary?

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

See Cue Card and Silviniaco Conti make their chasing bows at the weekend.

Donnellys Hollow

I posted a few pages back that the two maidens at Gowran Park a few weeks ago looked very strong. DK had a newcomer for O'Reilly called Voleuse De Coeurs who finished third and is out again tomorrow at Navan. She shaped like she'd come on for the experience and she has no colts to contend with tomorrow.

sammymaguire

Not today DH. Don't think all the banging around in the stalls would have helped but just did not gave the class of the O'Brien winner today
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

She looks like she needs around ten miles!

bcarrier

The winner cost 900k as a yearling. Half sister to Pour Moi.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on October 05, 2011, 04:57:13 PM
The winner cost 900k as a yearling. Half sister to Pour Moi.

3 parts sister I think. Crazy money for a filly. The dam had another Sadlers Wells filly called Gagnoa who was fairly moderate.

Apart from Maybe, I think Wading might be one of Ballydoyle's best 2yo fillies. She bolted up at Dundalk a few weeks back and runs in the Rockfel at Newmarket on Saturday. Her grand dam is none other than Urban Sea.

Oak Leafer

3.40 York - Pearl Secret Very nice prospect according to David Barron. Been backed into 6s from 11s.

Armaghgael

Quote from: Oak Leafer on October 07, 2011, 03:23:18 PM
3.40 York - Pearl Secret Very nice prospect according to David Barron. Been backed into 6s from 11s.

7.30 Dundalk Seanie

Won at punchestown a few weeks back at 40/1
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Oak Leafer

Hopefully some of you got on! That sets my weekend up nicely! :P

Oak Leafer

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on October 07, 2011, 03:50:34 PM
Hopefully some of you got on! That sets my weekend up nicely! :P

that 17 minute window too tight for me... well done nice hit!  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!