The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 11, 2011, 01:37:28 PM
Reliable Man muddies the waters further.

Maybe Willie will run Hurricane Fly??
Backed Reliable Man myself DH, because, well... That's just me!!  ;D

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Candyman on September 11, 2011, 01:40:05 PM

Backed Reliable Man myself DH, because, well... That's just me!!  ;D

Is he an Arc winner though? I can't get a handle on the race at all. I can't believe they're talking about the Champion Stakes for Nathaniel because it doesn't look like this Arc will take much winning.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Didn't see the race but would the likes of Meandre not be only half cooked for these prep races?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on September 11, 2011, 01:51:07 PM

Didn't see the race but would the likes of Meandre not be only half cooked for these prep races?

They're always steady run affairs with a two furlong sprint at the end but you'd like to see a horse really go and stamp his authority on a race like that if he's a potential Arc winner. They all look much of a muchness from what I can see.

Sea The Stars

Peintre Celebre and Bago were both beaten in the Niel before going on to win the Arc but in saying so, I would assume Meandre was no more undercooked than Reliable Man.

It's hard to look past So You Think in the Arc. This horse made a mockery of his races and his schedule in Australia for two years and has now come to Ireland and won three Group Ones whilst being significantly underworked prior to them all!!

Donnellys Hollow

Ladbrokes going top price about So You Think for the Arc suggests to me that Mike Dillon thinks he'll go to Ascot instead which is a pity.

ardchieftain

Decent novice chase at Listowel today. On this ground i'll take on Eagles Pass with Gala Dancer.

Donnellys Hollow

Snapping up the e/w value on Louisville Lip for the Lartigue tomorrow. He has fallen short of expectations so far over timber but he's on a good handicap mark and he ran a cracker on the flat at Galway recently. McCoy over to take the mount.

bridge fan

he cost me a good few quid the day he won  :'( :'( jp bought him after that race

Donnellys Hollow

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 12, 2011, 08:41:45 PM
Snapping up the e/w value on Louisville Lip for the Lartigue tomorrow. He has fallen short of expectations so far over timber but he's on a good handicap mark and he ran a cracker on the flat at Galway recently. McCoy over to take the mount.

Paddy power still offering 7/2 but a few english firms cut to 5/2.

Mickey Linden

What about Silenzio today at Folkestone? Richard Hughes put it up in the post a few weeks but it was a non runner. He put it up this week again. It has been well backed this morning.

Mickey Linden

http://mboard.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1491067492/m/143107935

Good article on the greatest ever punters. Expected to see Donnelly here tho!  ;)

beer baron

What about the Kerry national tomorrow Dh?I'm having a little bit e/w on Muirhead at 14's,he was very close to top drawer over hurdles and has had only a couple of starts over fences and was givin an easy enough time of it at Galway when he finished 3rd,Carberry's on board and should ride him to get the trip and has been in the frame on pretty much every type of ground.Be interesting to see if the money comes!

Donnellys Hollow

Haven't a strong opinion on it to be honest. It's not a race I've had a lot of success in. Euro Leader is probably the last time I backed the winner of it.

If I was given a free bet I'd have it on Lenabane.