Grand National Predictions - just the big race, Horsy thread for all other races

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, April 10, 2010, 12:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Louth Exile

Hoping Dessie Hughes has a good day and backed both of his e/w, Vic Venturi & Black Apalachi. Both on the same big weight, but the winners of the last two Beecher Chases over this course and 1st and 2nd in a good prep race last time out at Fairyhouse.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Homer

My picks...

State Of Play 16/1 - 1pt e/w
Comply or Die 20/1 - 1pt e/w
Hello Bud 40/1 - 0.5pt e/w
Maljimar 40/1 - 0.5pt e/w
Ellerslie George 100/1 - 0.25pt e/w

ross4life

i haven't had a winner on this race since West Tip way back in 1986, it's about time my luck changes today

Comply or Die 20 euro e/w i'll go for
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ziggysego

Early tip for the Grand National. CREOSOTE 16/1 Very Good over fences.
Testing Accessibility

The Worker

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 10, 2010, 09:37:21 AM
McCririck also said last night "only back each way if the horse is 33/1 or better"

Sean Grahams not putting prices up until 10am on website.

McCririck is a f**king clown. ("You know nothing about racing John" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPpBpDaSXE)

Everything down to 3/1 should be backed e/w in my view and there's method in that madness.

Gone for Maljimar and Arbor Supreme today. Stick to horses under the 11st mark and ignore the French breds. Last year's winner Mon Mome defied both them trends but last year's race was a funny renewal. When Black Apalachi unseated at Bechers second time round nothing wanted to go on and they crawled until three out when there was still a plethora of horses still in contention.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hoof Hearted

i do AP every year, law of averages, he has to sometime. Dont Push It is his ride today - 20/1
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

Irish raptor, vic venturi, tricky trickster, state of play, character building.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Louth Exile

With No Ruby for Big Fella thanks he is already out to 11's - Fingers crossed that its nothing too serious
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"