Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2019, 09:04:42 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on November 07, 2019, 09:22:28 PM
Corbyn is up against a pathetic, hateful government, but the public don't seem to trust him and see Boris as best of them.

That's because Corbyn and his goons are about as useful as a fart in spacesuit.

Screaming "tax the rich!" or "nationalise everything!" endlessly with zero substance behind it only gets you so far.

Do you genuinely believe the dung you post??

Has he said (or to use your fanciful language, "screamed") nationalise everything?? If he hasn't why do you lie about it?

Nationalisation does feature in the announcements to date. Of the services mentioned to date which do you disagree with? And on what grounds?

What part of the tax strategy announced to date do you disagree with?

imtommygunn

There is a debate Johnson will be in. Hopefully they go for the jugular.

smelmoth

Quote from: Rossfan on November 08, 2019, 10:49:17 AM
I presume 8 DUPUDA shoe ins, hopefully they lose both North and South Belfast but will possibly gain North Down.
Presumably 5 SF shoe ins plus hopefully North Belfast and Fermanagh/Tyrone.
SDLP hopefully South Belfast and possibly "Foyle".
Have Alliance or the cowardly UUP any chance of a seat?
Alliance have no shoe ins. They do have 2 chances in East Belfast and North Down. The dynamics in those 2 are very different.

In East Belfast they have the party leader with the profile and recognition that comes with it. They have won the seat before and they have polled strongly there this year. DUP view the seat as there own. They will do what it takes to retain. The constituency has a mix and this includes pockets ruled by paramilitaries. To win the seat back from Alliance the DUP focused on getting turnout up in those wards. They will do the same. Alliance have to focus on getting the unionist Remain vote out for them.

North Down is harder predict. When an independent incumbent drops out its harder to predict where the vote moves on. You would think Alliance is the natural home and Farry the superior candidate

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

alliance will win no seats. the dupers have a lock on east Belfast and robinson will hold easily. in north down the dupers were almost on terms with her ladyship and they will easily swap aside alliance.

only a pure mug would want labour to win in the mainland, the party, once the dominant force in Scotland, may be lucky to win one seat up there.  unless you are blind, deaf or dumb, the only tactic and policy for this election that labour has, is to lock in all the muslins via postal votes, and just like in the recent  bye election in peterboro, hope to steal tight marginals with these locks.  labour is now the party of islam.

t_mac

So would you rather have Bojo and that right wing loonies in power.

Rossfan

Another right wing racist on the loose it seems.
Muslins
Mainland

Enough said!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

Alliance Party
Naomi Long

Conservative
Amandeep Bhogal

Democratic Unionist Party
Diane Dodds

Green Party
Clare Bailey

Sinn Féin
Martina Anderson

Social Democratic & Labour Party
Colum Eastwood

Traditional Unionist Voice
Jim Allister

Ulster Unionist Party
Danny Kennedy

UKIP
Robert Hill

Independent
Neil McCann
Jane Morrice

Right guys got the above list from bbc website...is that the lot? I'm not into my politics at all...TBh i hate the lot of them and when i see them on the news i turn it over. I haven't voted for a while for the reason just stated as I believe they're all useless.
Having said all that I believe this election is just too important to ignore this time and i'm not faced with the problem of who do i vote for? Obviously from a Nationalist background I can rule out DUP and UUP but who else is worthy of my vote and if the truth be told is it even worth my while? I used to vote Sinn Fein all the time in my younger days but now I'm not to impressed, SDLP what is the craic with them? Alliance is being considered but is there any point in voting for a party that won't get elected? So then does it all boil down to SF? everytime i see them on TV with DUP it turns into a shouting match and then the remote control gets a new channel to change to.

I'm not taking the pi55 here folks...genuinely haven't a clue about politics
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Windmill abu

Quote from: illdecide on November 09, 2019, 02:22:17 PM
Alliance Party
Naomi Long

Conservative
Amandeep Bhogal

Diane Dodds

Green Party
Clare Bailey

Sinn Féin
Martina Anderson

Colum Eastwood

Jim Allister

Ulster Unionist Party
Danny Kennedy

UKIP
Robert Hill

Independent
Neil McCann
Jane Morrice

Right guys got the above list from bbc website...is that the lot? I'm not into my politics at all...TBh i hate the lot of them and when i see them on the news i turn it over. I haven't voted for a while for the reason just stated as I believe they're all useless.
Having said all that I believe this election is just too important to ignore this time and i'm not faced with the problem of who do i vote for? Obviously from a Nationalist background I can rule out DUP and UUP but who else is worthy of my vote and if the truth be told is it even worth my while? I used to vote Sinn Fein all the time in my younger days but now I'm not to impressed, SDLP what is the craic with them? Alliance is being considered but is there any point in voting for a party that won't get elected? So then does it all boil down to SF? everytime i see them on TV with DUP it turns into a shouting match and then the remote control gets a new channel to change to.

What is that list adout?
It's not a list of candidates in any one constituency. It's not even a list of party leaders.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

imtommygunn

illdecide

Quote from: Windmill abu on November 09, 2019, 02:33:52 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 09, 2019, 02:22:17 PM
Alliance Party
Naomi Long

Conservative
Amandeep Bhogal

Diane Dodds

Green Party
Clare Bailey

Sinn Féin
Martina Anderson

Colum Eastwood

Jim Allister

Ulster Unionist Party
Danny Kennedy

UKIP
Robert Hill

Independent
Neil McCann
Jane Morrice

What is that list adout?
It's not a list of candidates in any one constituency. It's not even a list of party leaders.

Lol. thats how much i know, got that from BBC.

illdecide

Where do you find the list of candidates?

smelmoth

It's the list of candidates for a different parliament (European) on a different system on a different day that happens to have already past

smelmoth

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on November 09, 2019, 01:54:38 PM
alliance will win no seats. the dupers have a lock on east Belfast and robinson will hold easily. in north down the dupers were almost on terms with her ladyship and they will easily swap aside alliance.

only a pure mug would want labour to win in the mainland, the party, once the dominant force in Scotland, may be lucky to win one seat up there.  unless you are blind, deaf or dumb, the only tactic and policy for this election that labour has, is to lock in all the muslins via postal votes, and just like in the recent  bye election in peterboro, hope to steal tight marginals with these locks.  labour is now the party of islam.
I working on the presumption that you are trolling for a response. You are probably not the deranged loon that this post portrays you to be.

Feel free to post something intelligible and I'll respond

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: smelmoth on November 09, 2019, 02:52:17 PM
It's the list of candidates for a different parliament (European) on a different system on a different day that happens to have already past

Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln............

t_mac