The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgedoylesrightleg

its a wine up. poahcer is a stones.

Jd

Big numbers attending the O Módhra Óg programme again tonight. Around 140 kids in. Nice to see a few ex county players in coaching too. Small beginnings but the children are very enthusiastic about it

imtommygunn

Saint88

Poacher isn't the answer. Having said that I'd say the list of potential managers isn't a great one. 🤦🏻‍♂️

redsetanta

I see that Murphy has finished with Offaly. Would he be interested?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Saint88

I'd jump at Murphy if he was interested. With a good back room team.

BallyroanAbbey

Would find it hard to see Murphy being interested tbh, I know he had success with Portarlington but long term the player profile in Offaly seems more attractive as does the background/ county board set up, plus Offaly being his own county would be a reason to manage them in itself so if he was leaving them he'd hardly move to Laois straight away

Sugrue  is the obvious choice but to be honest I'd rather he was more over structures within the county, still I'd rather him involved in any way than not at all

Eddie Kinsella seems to be the name getting thrown around

thegreeenandgold

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on August 02, 2023, 11:30:41 PM
Eddie Kinsella Jesus

What's the alternatives?

Lar Wall if you could convince him to come from Meath
Billy O'Loughlin has managed Longford (and relegated Laois) was over the u20s in 19 that made Leinster final

Ideally you'd want a Laois man but options are very thin on the ground from within

High Fielder

Zero options and zero expectations. It's actually a perfect job to get for a coach, if they believe they could do something with the players we have available. We weren't a million miles off getting promoted and the widely held view was that anyone would be better than Billy. I honestly don't believe we have anyone who deserves it, but good luck to anyone who puts their hat in the ring

Zooming around

Eddie Kinsella Jesus

Never heard of him.
Is he any relation of Gabriel Jesus that plays with Arsenal?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Zooming around on August 03, 2023, 11:52:56 AM
Eddie Kinsella Jesus

Never heard of him.
Is he any relation of Gabriel Jesus that plays with Arsenal?

No, you're thinking of Christ Jesus, Gabriels uncle. Come to think of it that's really who we need now ...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Saint

I'd say we should go after all three of them... Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

bluespower

Donald Trump is the man that would make Laois great again.  ;D