The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 08, 2008, 12:19:50 PM
Heard word for Dippy Duck today at Sedgefield 2.50 Its around five to one now and defintely worth a look
Totally sick! Had him at 6/1. Jockey made a complete mess of it. He should have won easy. Apologies lads

girt_giggler

Was that the race when the horse was leading by a country mile, then the jockey kept looking behind him to see where the rest where, thought he was far enough clear so stopped riding him & ended up getting beat?

Mickey Linden

Quote from: girt_giggler on April 09, 2008, 08:22:41 AM
Was that the race when the horse was leading by a country mile, then the jockey kept looking behind him to see where the rest where, thought he was far enough clear so stopped riding him & ended up getting beat?

Yeah thats the one Girt. Jockey made an absolute mess of it! Told it was an absolute certainty

Louth Exile

Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 09, 2008, 08:58:58 AM
Quote from: girt_giggler on April 09, 2008, 08:22:41 AM
Yeah thats the one Girt. Jockey made an absolute mess of it! Told it was an absolute certainty

Just watched the replay of that on attheraces.com. OMG that was bad, first of all, was he brought before the stewards?
Secondly, I don't buy into a lot of the corruption rumours to do with horse racing, but that looked very, very bad.
He looked like he was riding to lose the race!! That race needs to be looked at carefully by the authorities (IMHO)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

girt_giggler

Doesn't seem he was brought before the stewards no

AZOffaly

Stewards probably laid him on Betfair!

Louth Exile

I know I am only a humble punter, but I find that amazing. I know it is a seller in sedgefield, so you can't really get a lower grand of race, but still, I thought it looked wild dodgy. What the rest of you think??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

BenDover

Got a tip from a friend - mr multifix running 2.50 at ayr

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

qub la la la

mr multifix was a tip for me the last time he was out when he won even though he didnt jump all that well. was in two minds today and ended up going for the sentimental sort of bet that he's won before for me so he#s sure to win again. wasnt too far away but still a costly mistake.

bennydorano

Friend of mine owns a share in a horse called Rowan River, goes today in the 3.45@Bev, expected to go close, currently 9/2.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bennydorano on April 24, 2008, 02:07:32 PM
Friend of mine owns a share in a horse called Rowan River, goes today in the 3.45@Bev, expected to go close, currently 9/2.

How close benny ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

bennydorano

We will have to wait and see, but if you had been following it (as I have) you wouldn't be up a big pile :-\

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bennydorano on April 24, 2008, 02:50:42 PM
We will have to wait and see, but if you had been following it (as I have) you wouldn't be up a big pile :-\
sure if your not in you can't win
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

bennydorano

finished with it the donkey >:(