The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Not tips really just picks, but going with

2.30  US Ranger - 6/4
3.05  Wasseema - 12/1
3.45  Dylan Thomas - 11/4  (rain won't help)
4.20  Eden Rock - 14/1
4.55  Sweepstake - 7/2
5.30  Italian Girl - 8/1

heres hoping

cavan4ever

Got these of a tip site which has a 32% Strike rate.  It has 1 out of 4 yesterday.
Some days it can have 3 winners and then none for 2 days i have lost more than i have won on it though

Horse Name: Major Cadeaux
Racecourse: Ascot
Time: 2.30 Jersey Stakes (Group 3) (Class 1) (3YO only)

Beat Dutch Art over 7f's at Newbury on his seasonal debut and only 3l's behind Cockney Rebel when attempting a mile LTO.
That was a good effort considering it was carrying a small knock on his foot so with a drop in trip and ground to suit he should land this.

Early price: 3/1

Horse Name: Echelon
Time: 3.05 Windsor Forest Stakes (Fillies' Group 2) (Str) (Class 1) (4YO plus)

Has looked awesome the last 2 races and can complete a hat-trick today, he beat Topatoo at Newmarket over 1m1f and the form has been franked by Topatoo winning since. 2nd in this last year when 2l's behind Soviet Song and
Kerrin McEvoy is quoted as saying this is his best chance of a winner this week.

Horse Name: Red Rocks
Time: 3.45 Prince Of Wales's Stakes (Group 1) (Class 1) (4YO plus)

Won LTO at Sandown beating Notnowcato into 4th and was 2l's clear of 2nd Mashaahed over this trip.
Man of the moment Frankie Dettori is riding full of confidence and will be hard to beat given the fact that his form on this horse reads 122211.

Horse Name: In Safe Hands

Time: 5.30 Sandringham Handicap (Fillies' Listed) (Class 1) (3YO only)

Chased home the very impressive Measured Tempo from the Godolphin camp LTO at Newbury and should go close with top jock Mick Kinane in the saddle. Had Truly Enchanting back in 3rd that time and the later horse has won twice since so with that form and Kinane we should see a good show.

Early price: 14/1

AZOffaly

Major Cadeaux is a  non-runner in the first...

bennydorano

Got a genuine tip for a nag this evening.  Dixey in the 7.40@Kempton, never run before and I was told that they expect a 'place at worst'.  Got a guaranteed 10/1 earlier - EW.

If it's beat outa site dont blame me, just passing on the info ;)

never kickt a ball

Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2007, 03:09:37 PM
Got a genuine tip for a nag this evening.  Dixey in the 7.40@Kempton, never run before and I was told that they expect a 'place at worst'.  Got a guaranteed 10/1 earlier - EW.

Won at 20/1 Benny. Opened around 14's and drifted to 20's then went into 16/1 so I put a tenner EW on it and what happens it drifts to 20/1 again. Scooted home  :D :D Thank you!!!!

AZOffaly

Louth Exile

Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2007, 03:09:37 PM

Well done Benny, good thing your bet was guaranteed given that it won at 20's

Did you back it Slim  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Square Ball

why did i not read this earlier on, why did i read it at all!!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

never kickt a ball

Several attractive fillies lined up, and something of a surprise that outsider DIXEY, from a family that tend to win at 3yo or older, proved good enough to win on her debut.
Green at the start, she assumed a handy position and was travelling with conspicuous ease when leading early in the straight. Although she edged left in the closing stages, she was well on top by then and should stay at least another furlong.

Dixey
went left start, took keen hold, chased leaders, headway over 3f out, ridden to lead over 1f out, edged left but ran on well final furlong

bennydorano

f**k me that's what you call a tip! ;D ;D ;D Half 'uns all round.

gerrykeegan

Benny just got home, logged on to PP, account balance looked wrong, f**k me but thats a great little win.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Bud Wiser

The Galway (if not an All-Ireland in year one, definitely in year two) Races has some set up for this year.

See http://www.galwayraces.com/Developments_to_Date.shtml  and An Fear Rua stuck in the front row.

Anyway, a bit of help, anyone hear of a nag called ' The Bet' (my sounds like) but pronounced in a Cork accent like Dabet, jabet, yabet etc. I am searching through horsetracker but nada.  Anyone with info??

Lecale2

Good man Benny! Backed her at 16s.
I fancy Sergeant Cecil in the 3.45 this afternoon.

Bud Wiser

Benny, never checked in in time to see the tip. When I saw it last night after I made the post above I nearly fcuked the laptop at the wall.  Well done  >:(

girt_giggler

Was checking through the results last night & when saw result of that particular race I couldnt for the life of me remember where i had read about the tip yesterday! obviously didnt back it but good shout ye boy ye.