American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Houston getting completely manhandled by the Colts in the first half !
The colts OL is dominating ...

Capt Pat

Colts win 21-7. A disappointing game. Hopefully the Seahawks Cowboys game is more entertsining.

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 06, 2019, 01:35:32 AM
Colts win 21-7. A disappointing game. Hopefully the Seahawks Cowboys game is more entertsining.

Not so far anyway!!

cadhlancian

Poor game so far , probably looking at the 2 worst sides in the NFC side...

screenexile

What a horrible way to lose a game!!

David McKeown

Bears only themselves to blame. No reason to beat the Vikings last week and it's come back to bite them
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 31, 2018, 12:06:53 AM
Quote from: gallsman on December 30, 2018, 11:31:40 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on December 30, 2018, 11:30:32 PM
Would it not be best for the Bears to loose this game. They can clearly dominate the Vikings and will beat them easily in the play offs. The eagles are a bit more of an unknown and playing better than Minnesota at the minute.

Probably.

Nagy isn't that smart I think the Eagles might beat them next week.

The vikings couldn't cope with the Bears defence. Nagy should have thrown the game last week.

David McKeown

Exactly. Little foresight and deserved to lose as a result

Syferus

Quote from: David McKeown on January 07, 2019, 12:51:46 AM
Bears only themselves to blame. No reason to beat the Vikings last week and it's come back to bite them

This perspective is absolutely insane

David McKeown

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2019, 01:41:50 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on January 07, 2019, 12:51:46 AM

This perspective is absolutely insane

Why?  They dominated against the Vikings twice this season on all sides of the ball. They had the chance to have a home game against them or play the defending champions who were in good form but against whom they didn't match up as well. They chose the latter. They could easily have pulled starters early last week but they chose to keep them on until the fourth quarter so that they could play the eagles. Then when they did they couldn't even get the correct number of players on the pitch for every play giving up a touchdown in the process.

magpie seanie

I'd say it's safe to say most people don't get to the highest levels of professional sports by throwing games. Bears were desperately unlucky last night.

David McKeown

I thought they were poorly coached and indisciplined. I thought they were in fact very lucky and got a lot of the mariginal calls. I also think there's a difference between throwing a game and clever game management to ensure a better long term situation for your team. I think a lot of top teams take whatever advantage they can whether that's underperforming after you've qualified for the next round in an attempt to eliminate a more dangerous opponent or deliberately playing poorly in a match so as to not tip your hand for a later encounter.

Oraisteach

Game's not over, but it's nice to see a team in orange beating a team in red. C'mon, Clemson. Don't fold.

An Orange crush!

FT. Clemson 44  Alabama 16

magpie seanie

Quote from: David McKeown on January 07, 2019, 10:48:06 PM
I thought they were poorly coached and indisciplined. I thought they were in fact very lucky and got a lot of the mariginal calls. I also think there's a difference between throwing a game and clever game management to ensure a better long term situation for your team. I think a lot of top teams take whatever advantage they can whether that's underperforming after you've qualified for the next round in an attempt to eliminate a more dangerous opponent or deliberately playing poorly in a match so as to not tip your hand for a later encounter.

Can't say I saw it that way. The two point conversion attempt was silly and they should have moved Mack around more on defense maybe but I really think they came out the wrong side on a good few calls. And when there was less than a minute in it the Eagles produced a poor kickoff enabling a long return. Then Trubisky victimised the Eagles corner again, albeit with a perfect throw worthy of any QB in the situation. Dumbass kicker missed (I know they're saying the defense got a touch but it seemed like he pulled it to me) and that has changed the narrative.

cadhlancian

Seanie, Parkey was 3 for 4 and hit the post on the final one , which as we'll know was now slightly tipped. The Bears scored one TD , against a secondary that were mostly walking the streets 3 months ago. That's a poor Philly rearguard and Drew Brees will punch big holes in them this week. Nagy deserves coach of the year to get as much out of them as he did. They're very limited offensively, and it's mostly tricks and gimmicks every week with a great defense. Jury still out on Trubisky, hard to judge him with the surrounding cast he has to throw to , the bears definitely need some help next year at the skill positions..