Joe McQuillan to ref AI Final

Started by Denn Forever, September 04, 2017, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2017, 11:03:07 AM
Quote from: regal on September 04, 2017, 11:23:06 PM
Why would he get it? Perhaps our president could explain.

An awful referee

Please elaborate as to why and how!
Consistently inconsistent, thats Joe

mayoaremagic

He isn't the worst ref out there. However, an issue Id have with 2013 was Dublin carried out a ridiculous amount of fouls in the game, yet f-all cards were handed out to them.
Again in the 2015 semi final, cooper and McMahon were let off the hook with straight red card offences in the drawn game. He needs to just call the rules and don't be worrying about who he is punishing.

Bart McQueen

Joe McQuillan's appointment is unethical and he should have no involvement in any Dublin match or influence over a game where Dublin are likely to play the winners of it. The GAA would want to examine their own rules and code of conduct because they are breaking every rule of fair play by appointing Joe McQuillan as the referee, he lives and works in Dublin. He has been single-handedly responsible for Dublin winning the All-Ireland in 2011 and 2013 and in 2012 he done everything in his powers including playing over and above the injury time to try allow Dublin to equalise the match.

He has a conflict of interest and should not be involved in any match involving Dublin, he has also refereed Dublin team training sessions and would be familiar with this Dublin team. In any sport no official so closely related to a competing team in a fixture like this would be tolerated. It is totally unethical in my opinion.

tiempo

Quote from: Bart McQueen on September 05, 2017, 02:32:05 PM
Joe McQuillan's appointment is unethical and he should have no involvement in any Dublin match or influence over a game where Dublin are likely to play the winners of it. The GAA would want to examine their own rules and code of conduct because they are breaking every rule of fair play by appointing Joe McQuillan as the referee, he lives and works in Dublin. He has been single-handedly responsible for Dublin winning the All-Ireland in 2011 and 2013 and in 2012 he done everything in his powers including playing over and above the injury time to try allow Dublin to equalise the match.

He has a conflict of interest and should not be involved in any match involving Dublin, he has also refereed Dublin team training sessions and would be familiar with this Dublin team. In any sport no official so closely related to a competing team in a fixture like this would be tolerated. It is totally unethical in my opinion.

That's the one for me.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Bart McQueen on September 05, 2017, 02:32:05 PM

???

naka

magpie seanie

Somewhere between 25-30% of the population of the island either work or live in Dublin. I agree he's a bad ref but which of them isn't? Though I'd say Marty Duffy is sore as he has missed out on a second final in recent years because Mayo have been in it. Refereeing and the appointment/administration of same for football is a disgrace.

Personally I'd appoint the guy who did the hurling final. Just let the ref take the score and only pull ridiculously obvious stuff. Use the ball or pay the price. That's the only way to save gaelic football and restore the manliness to it. Lads throwing themselves to the ground to get frees disgusts me. You had lads last Sunday getting absolutely hammered and they kept going.

Esmarelda

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2017, 03:20:12 PM
Somewhere between 25-30% of the population of the island either work or live in Dublin. I agree he's a bad ref but which of them isn't? Though I'd say Marty Duffy is sore as he has missed out on a second final in recent years because Mayo have been in it. Refereeing and the appointment/administration of same for football is a disgrace.

Personally I'd appoint the guy who did the hurling final. Just let the ref take the score and only pull ridiculously obvious stuff. Use the ball or pay the price. That's the only way to save gaelic football and restore the manliness to it. Lads throwing themselves to the ground to get frees disgusts me. You had lads last Sunday getting absolutely hammered and they kept going.
The board is gone a bit mad today. The biggest fixture in the footballing calendar, 82k in attendance and a massive TV audience. Two and a half weeks to go and it's "we're only going to pull the obvious stuff in attempt to save the game and restore some manliness". 

magpie seanie

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 05, 2017, 03:32:18 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2017, 03:20:12 PM

The board is gone a bit mad today. The biggest fixture in the footballing calendar, 82k in attendance and a massive TV audience. Two and a half weeks to go and it's "we're only going to pull the obvious stuff in attempt to save the game and restore some manliness".

I've been saying it for years to be fair.

Itchy

What if a ref has a boss from a county in the final, should that be called out as a conflict of interest. Some refs are incompetent for sure but biased to one team or other is a scandalous accusation and straight from the gutter. Mayo in particular seem to blame a ref for every loss since 1951.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on September 05, 2017, 07:01:32 PM
What if a ref has a boss from a county in the final, should that be called out as a conflict of interest. Some refs are incompetent for sure but biased to one team or other is a scandalous accusation and straight from the gutter. Mayo in particular seem to blame a ref for every loss since 1951.

We don't blame the referee for losses in 1997,2004,2006,2012.

We got one tough call in the 1996 final!
We got 20+ tough calls in the 2014 Semi-final!

To be honest we mostly blame the sideline!

mrhardyannual

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2017, 07:19:20 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 05, 2017, 07:01:32 PM

We don't blame the referee for losses in 1997,2004,2006,2012.

We got one tough call in the 1996 final!
We got 20+ tough calls in the 2014 Semi-final!

To be honest we mostly blame the sideline!
To be honest I couldn't care less who referees this game. It won't be the ref who wins or loses it. It's in our own hands now. If we are good enough on the day we will win. If not, fair play to the Dubs.