Mayo influencing referee

Started by Bart McQueen, September 01, 2017, 12:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart McQueen

Mayo setting the agenda already trying to influence referee to counteract what the dubs done to keegan last year. James Horan done something similar in 2012 AND 2013 and Joe McQuillian gave every Mayo every 50/50 decision in both games. Will Rochford mind games work? We have seen Mayo players like Boyle, Vaughan, AOS and the Connors surrond referees in games this year to brandish cards to opposing players

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/difficult-to-deal-with-stephen-rochford-reflects-on-big-calls-that-went-in-dublins-favour-last-year-36090017.html

mrdeeds

Manager sticking up fow own players and team. Shock horror.  And is he saying he hopes there's no influence on ref this year?

yellowcard

I think Rochford has simply got his speak in just in case the Dublin media campaign starts again in the build up to this years final. Good management.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Bart McQueen on September 01, 2017, 12:11:11 PM
Mayo setting the agenda already trying to influence referee to counteract what the dubs done to keegan last year. James Horan done something similar in 2012 AND 2013 and Joe McQuillian gave every Mayo every 50/50 decision in both games. Will Rochford mind games work? We have seen Mayo players like Boyle, Vaughan, AOS and the Connors surrond referees in games this year to brandish cards to opposing players

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/difficult-to-deal-with-stephen-rochford-reflects-on-big-calls-that-went-in-dublins-favour-last-year-36090017.html
What connection is there between the shite you posted and what Rochford had to say in that interview?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayoman dan

Its all about the inches.Rochford is making sure we dont lose this one fair play to him

seafoid

I thought this was another discussion about the rosary.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

I don't see anything wrong with that

Crete Boom

Quote from: Bart McQueen on September 01, 2017, 12:11:11 PM

Well your own county man set the agenda back in the spring!! http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/there-was-an-orchestrated-campaign-against-lee-keegan-fitzmaurice-fuming-over-lack-of-balance-35594766.html ,
'There was an orchestrated campaign against Lee Keegan' - Fitzmaurice fuming over 'lack of balance'.

Actually my mistake sure Fitzmaurice is a Kerryman not a Dub!! Jeeze I made the same mistake you made yourself there Bart mixing up Kerry and Dublin ;)

Mayo Border

You mean Bart McQueen is actually a Dub poster. From the Reservoir? Well I'd never have guessed

Whishtup

Dublin will do whatever it takes to win, buoyed by black card immunity, and that will mean loads of off the ball spoiling.  Mayo can leave no stone unturned on and off the pitch and if  that means alerting the ref to dublin's off the ball tactics then  fair play!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Whishtup on September 02, 2017, 08:15:18 AM
Dublin will do whatever it takes to win, buoyed by black card immunity, and that will mean loads of off the ball spoiling.  Mayo can leave no stone unturned on and off the pitch and if  that means alerting the ref to dublin's off the ball tactics then  fair play!

In fairness the Dubs are no better or worse than ourselves or Kerry when it come to off the ball stuff. I just want a ref who doesn't ruin the game and goes unoticed throughout the 70 odd minutes.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 02, 2017, 01:15:12 PM

In fairness the Dubs are no better or worse than ourselves or Kerry when it come to off the ball stuff. I just want a ref who doesn't ruin the game and goes unoticed throughout the 70 odd minutes.
+1

Rossfan

By ignoring fouls or what?
Take up hurley stuff ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2017, 02:00:03 PM

By ignoring fouls or what?
Take up hurley stuff ;D

Played it growing up didn't you? Was there no ash trees near your club or something? ;D

Rossfan

No hurley north of Fourmilehouse ;), West of Oran or east of Ros Town.
Hope all ye Mayo folk and ye're team's supporters in Ballagh will support the new barber there
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM