Poll

If Cavan beat Armagh, should Keoghan stay on as manager for 2009 ?

Yes - no doubt
18 (42.9%)
No way -
19 (45.2%)
Maybe - let's see first
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: June 03, 2008, 05:55:48 PM

Author Topic: Donal Keoghan  (Read 22542 times)

Mr. Pain

• View Profile
Re: Donal Keoghan
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »
BH man did as Mr. Pain expected and changed the terms and conditions of his point. Mr. Pain thinks you just keep digging and you should stop now.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 07:00:38 PM »
Outsider (Antrim man with nothing to shout about) looking in.

I'm finding this all very strange. You seem to hold your players in a very high regard and have a total disregard for your manager.
I'm reading some of the posts and I'm in disbelief. "If we beat Armagh" "If we win Ulster".
Has it ever struck you that you simply don't have the players to do either? And that no manager can change that?
It seems that your high expectations of a very limited Cavan side are unwarranted.

On Sunday, you started well but when Antrim came back at you, your players were very poor at handling the situation. In the first half, Antrim got the goal and a couple of points due to very bad marking. In Johnston, you have a superb player but other than that you don't have much else. Martin Reilly is young and played well. McDonald at midfield did well too but Antrim are poor at the minute and you didn't at all blow them away. The game, in my opinion, was won one the sideline. Keoghan (how do you spell his name?) made the right changes at the right time, whereas, Jody took far too long to make a decision and when he finally did, it was too late so he threw anyone on.

Now, there are many claims that lock ins and things have taken place. I know nothing about them, only what I've read here. I do believe yis but riddle me this, why have your players participated in them?

Well I suppose we are all getting a bit carried away results and using them as a benchmark of success. In Cavans case results are only half the story. We know our players are not the greatest, but I still believe we can compete with second tier teams (W'Meath, Meath, Monaghan etc). What I look for in a manager is a man who is getting the best out of the players. A man who can bring lads into the panel and improve them. What we have is a man who has to date been completely crap at this. Now, in the last game he made some good calls and I gave him credit for that but it still doesn't excuse the 100 other things he has done arseways this year. At this moment in time I think he should be replaced based on that. Now, there is a chance (very slight i reckon) that Mr Keoghan might be coming along a bit as a manager and some believe that if Cavan can progress in the Ulster Championship that maybe the man deserves another year. Well for me he doesn't deserve another year, we can't risk giving him another year and I'd like him gone at the end of this one.

Why are players participating in Lock ins - because the manager is selling it to the players as some sort of team building exercise!

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2008, 03:29:10 PM »
17 - 16 against Keoghan at this point - is the tide starting to turn against him ? Keep the votes coming in.

Hollow Man

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 11:47:35 PM »
is that satisfactory Hollow Man?

No actually, you called me a twat for pointing out some obvious shite talk by your good self. I think an apology would be in order?

You might want to read the whole post before jumping to conclusions and making a c*nt of yourself, well in your case an even bigger c*nt of yourself.

Do you feel stupid for writing this? Considering that you have since totally backtracked on your assertion that a win over Armagh would equal a successful season. I had read your "whole post", and that's what you said.

A far cry from your new idea of a successful season, namely "anything other than a Cavan win against Armagh followed by a good performance against Tyrone(most likely?) in Ulster Semi, and followed by at LEAST one qualifier win".

You've lost face here BH Man. If you want the advice of the Hollow Man, keep it in the holster a little longer in future.

If the rest of the Ballyhaise forward were as triggerhappy as you you might finally get to an Intermediate final :-*

BallyhaiseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
i wouldnt hold your breath if i were you

id rather cut my b""""ox off than apologise to you.  ;)

Homer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »
No way  :)

As far as I am aware he has indicated already that this year will be his last although as cavanmaniac has already pointed out...

My only fear is that if we fluke a few wins in the qualifiers he'll get delusions of adequacy and actually stay on.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
Can someone remind me who we missed out on when Donal Keogan took the job?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Homer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
Damien Cassidy

Hollow Man

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
Get a grip BH Man.

I have no time for keyboard warriors.

Basically, you totally contradicted yourself, I pointed it out, you called me a twat then completely went back on what you said (proving I was right).

How anyone with "KEOGHAN MUST GO" [sic] as their signature can then say "if we beat Armagh he should stay on next year" is beyond me. Try thinking before you post something.

Just say it. It's not woth cutting off your balls over.

PS: And less of the "wee Eamon", "Mad Eddie", misspelling Keogan's name, stupid capital letters in the wrong place and overuse of smiley faces as well please.

Now, let's all get along. Boojangles and Mr Pain are fighting too - why can't we all be friends?

mylestheslasher

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »
Get a grip BH Man.

I have no time for keyboard warriors.

Basically, you totally contradicted yourself, I pointed it out, you called me a twat then completely went back on what you said (proving I was right).

How anyone with "KEOGHAN MUST GO" [sic] as their signature can then say "if we beat Armagh he should stay on next year" is beyond me. Try thinking before you post something.

Just say it. It's not woth cutting off your balls over.

PS: And less of the "wee Eamon", "Mad Eddie", misspelling Keogan's name, stupid capital letters in the wrong place and overuse of smiley faces as well please.

Now, let's all get along. Boojangles and Mr Pain are fighting too - why can't we all be friends?

I tell you what is a contradiction. Writing that post and then putting "why can't we all be friends" at the end of it.

Hollow Man

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »
Calm down Myles, take some pills or something...

BH Man, you're the greatest!

Mr. Pain

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 05:39:34 PM »
Mr. Pain is of the opinion that Mr. donal Keogan is at fault for the in-fighting on this site. Keogan should walk!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
Calm down Myles, take some pills or something...

BH Man, you're the greatest!

Just took them. Suddenly everything seems great. 8) Keoghan for Taoiseach.

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »

Mr. Pain is of the opinion that Mr. donal Keogan is at fault for the in-fighting on this site. Keogan should walk!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Boojangles may b warming to Mr.Pains sense of humour.

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
This vote is on a knife edge - 18 saying he should stay, 19 that he should go and 5 saying let's see what happens on Sunday -

Any late votes ?

If Cavan beat Armagh, I've no doubt that he will get staying on !