Author Topic: Official Cavan GAA Thread  (Read 1386947 times)

Blue in hope

• View Profile
Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #15105 on: October 08, 2017, 11:52:03 PM »
Mr Deeds don't know what game you were at today. From the very start the castlerahan corner back was pulling dragging and kicking Johnston who got no protection from the referee. He drifted out to the sideline beside mr mcquillan and was still been kicked pulled and dragged, but the linesman saw nothing. Castle Rahman made no attempt to play football. Chesty was the runner for the Gaels not Crotty. He was struck by Keoghan but surprise Mr Mc Quillan saw nothing. Start of the second half four Castlerahan assaulted no other word for it Johnston. Considering the abuse he took he did very well to keep his cool- I certainly wouldn't. I don't blame the referee but certainly blame his linesmen for failing to do their duty and protect players from this thuggery that happened today. The team that went out to try play football won. If only Castlrahan tried a different approach to the last two years they might have done better.

Thastheball

• View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: October 09, 2017, 11:27:03 AM »
Mr Deeds don't know what game you were at today. From the very start the castlerahan corner back was pulling dragging and kicking Johnston who got no protection from the referee. He drifted out to the sideline beside mr mcquillan and was still been kicked pulled and dragged, but the linesman saw nothing. Castle Rahman made no attempt to play football. Chesty was the runner for the Gaels not Crotty. He was struck by Keoghan but surprise Mr Mc Quillan saw nothing. Start of the second half four Castlerahan assaulted no other word for it Johnston. Considering the abuse he took he did very well to keep his cool- I certainly wouldn't. I don't blame the referee but certainly blame his linesmen for failing to do their duty and protect players from this thuggery that happened today. The team that went out to try play football won. If only Castlrahan tried a different approach to the last two years they might have done better.

Great win to get another title. Seanie took some abuse. I was going mental at the linesmen and umpires, gave the man no protection at all. Keoghan would need to wise up. We are in the good side of the draw in the Ulster club.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15107 on: October 09, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »

Great win to get another title. Seanie took some abuse. I was going mental at the linesmen and umpires, gave the man no protection at all. Keoghan would need to wise up. We are in the good side of the draw in the Ulster club.

Bit old to start wising up at this stage!

Cavan could really do with the Gaels making an impact in Ulster.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #15108 on: October 13, 2017, 05:21:01 PM »

Think so too but they seem happy enough with the County final.  Hope this year will be different.

Good start and at home again.

So, that's semis of...

Kilcar v Slaughtneil
Cavan Gaels v Derrygonnelly
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:51:25 PM by Denn Forever »
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #15109 on: October 29, 2017, 05:12:17 PM »

Think so too but they seem happy enough with the County final.  Hope this year will be different.

Good start and at home again.

So, that's semis of...

Kilcar v Slaughtneil
Cavan Gaels v Derrygonnelly
Even bettwse the 2nd time.
means what he says...

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: October 29, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
Derrygonnelly probaly saying the same too. It's there for either team to get to the final. Weaker side of the draw.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #15111 on: November 09, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »
The game is in Clones.  I wonder will their be a big crowd from Cavan?
means what he says...

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: November 14, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »
Was Killian ill before the first test? He got some roasting...

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: November 19, 2017, 09:56:41 PM »
Anyone in clones  today, seems like it was a mad game.

Duckquay

• View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: November 19, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »
Was at it, very enjoyable game. Best team lost but Gaels won't worry about that. Unbeaten in 2017, some going at any level.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: November 20, 2017, 01:24:58 PM »
Was at it, very enjoyable game. Best team lost but Gaels won't worry about that. Unbeaten in 2017, some going at any level.

It would be a great achievement and boost for Cavan football if they could somehow dethrone Slaughtneil. I hear Meehan had a great match, will he go back into the Cavan panel if invited?

Duckquay

• View Profile
« Reply #15116 on: November 21, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
Yeah Meehan was probably motm. Drove forward at will. There could be as many as 10 called in to the county panel, definitely 7 I would say.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: November 22, 2017, 09:53:36 PM »
What did you think of Niall Murray at Full Back. In highlights he looked a bit loose but I heard someone else say he played well there.