Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2017, 08:46:06 AM
Have you ever trained, keyser? If so, what don't you accept about that? Clearly true. List what's false about it, in detail. the post is nothing to do with creedon.

Yes it is.
I'm not alone in finding this irritating.

Please refer to my post a few pages back.

EDIT;
I'll post it here for you.
You can add your latest post in too, if you like!

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 18, 2017, 01:34:43 PM

Tony:
Creedon wil be great, I'm excited.
Creedon needs to be given time, he'll work out.
Creedon is hamstrung by injuries.
Creedon should be judged on the championship.
Creedon can't correct 3/4 years of poor fitness levels overnight.
Creedon doesn't have the players, maybe Div 4 is our level.
Creedon isn't to be blamed for this we are terrible from top to bottom.
Creedon looks a bit better now in light of the Kildare- Meath result.

Give it a break.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Giovanni on June 23, 2017, 10:08:56 AM
I have no interest or connection to any particular manager but if you're a fan of Creedon it might be more convincing to point out the evidence of his successes rather than presenting excuses for his failure.

Ah, but you seem to have missed the point!
Tony is NOT a fan of Creedon, I repeat NOT a fan of Creedon. He is simply a realist amongst the dreamers. You see, he has the advantage of being able to see the bigger picture!

Giovanni

This (ability to see the bigger picture) seems to be a skill only recently acquired.

Tony

Calm down there Keyser, it's only a forum  :D. I think you might be getting a bit excited.

Yeah. I thought what we needed in 2016, post Lillis, was a new manager with brains, like a Jim McG but cheaper. My opinion in a year has changed. Opinions change, you know? Now I'm realistic and know we simply don't have the players to challenge any team in Div 1 and most teams in Div 2. That's just realistic.

As for Creedon, yeah he has been dissappointing. But some posters seem to just blame him without acknowledging everything else going wrong in Laois GAA. Blame Creedon all you want but there's more going on than that. I don't think my opinion is that unusual to be honest. Most posters with common sense realise this. All some posters seem to want is: Creedon out, Laois man in. As if that will change our fortunes overnight. I'd be open to a Laois man in too next year, or Creedon - it's not going to make much difference. The real change will have to come at a much deeper level.

My post about fitness wan't meant to defend Creedon. I'm pointing out that a lot of our players wont be at peak fitness because of injury earlier this season which is 100% true. It was meant to be taken at face value.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2017, 11:10:16 AM
Calm down there Keyser, it's only a forum  :D. I think you might be getting a bit excited.

In a perfect Zen like state here. Thanks for your concern though  8)

Yeah. I thought what we needed in 2016, post Lillis, was a new manager with brains, like a Jim McG but cheaper. My opinion in a year has changed. Opinions change, you know? Now I'm realistic and know we simply don't have the players to challenge any team in Div 1 and most teams in Div 2. That's just realistic.

So you weren't realistic last year?
Or does that mean that you will be back here next year saying the same thing?
Or does that meant that (heaven forbid) you were too harsh on Mick Lillis?

As for Creedon, yeah he has been dissappointing. But some posters seem to just blame him without acknowledging everything else going wrong in Laois GAA.

A large number of posters are simply curious as to what value this man (who is well compensated) brings to the table.
The team are unfit, lacking in motivation, without any discernible game plan. He sounds defeatist every time he is interviewed. He brings NOTHING from what I can see.
There are lots of problems in Laois GAA. I don't recall a single poster here who ignores that. Creedon is not operating alongside these problems. He is one of the problems. That has become more and more apparent with every passing month.

My post about fitness wan't meant to defend Creedon. I'm pointing out that a lot of our players wont be at peak fitness because of injury earlier this season which is 100% true. It was meant to be taken at face value.

Face value. Ok. Name 3 players who have gone through the season uninjured and presently look fit?
We were relegated from Division 3. It's not like we were trying to compete with any of the top teams in the country. There was no reason why players couldn't have been "nursed" back with individual plans while other panel members were in "mid competition mode" during the league. I assume this happened.

Fellas haven't left the panel, I'll give you that. What else has Creedon improved?

Laoisguy

There is a far deeper problem which has come to my attention over last while regards a significant cohort of the panel......nasty insidious and it needs to be sorted big time

ILikeStrawberryJam

Thats some post laoisguy . Can you expand on it a little ..

Laoisguy

You can PM if you like I'll give you the lowdown

town1980

Lads we all no Tony's an eejit his posts are as bad as mine like I'm being told only I'm nooooooo eejit ;D

clonadmad

Clare have informed the GAA that they do not wish to play SF qualifier v Laois on Sunday. No decision until after tomorrow's draw

GAA-SMART

SFC Qualifiers Fixture: Laois v Clare on Sat at 3pm in Portlaoise.
SHC Qualifiers: Laois v Dublin at 7pm on Sat in Parnell Park.

Very little consideration given to us here, will have to fly up to the Hurling, no doubt there be a checkpoint on the bridge or speed cameras the whole way up !!  ;)

Helmut

Quote from: GAA-SMART on June 26, 2017, 03:40:40 PM
SFC Qualifiers Fixture: Laois v Clare on Sat at 3pm in Portlaoise.
SHC Qualifiers: Laois v Dublin at 7pm on Sat in Parnell Park.

Very little consideration given to us here, will have to fly up to the Hurling, no doubt there be a checkpoint on the bridge or speed cameras the whole way up !!  ;)

Just seen the same thing. Between Friday night kick offs, home games in Kilkenny and double booking of the hurlers and footballers on opposite ends of the country on a regular basis do our County board ever stand up to anything.

SCFC

Any hope of injuries clearing up.for the Clare game? Booth, Donoher, Quigley?

Unison

Clare County Board insisted that their footballers were not playing on Sunday afternoon.  They are a CB that stand up for their players and supporters.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Unison on June 26, 2017, 04:41:43 PM
Clare County Board insisted that their footballers were not playing on Sunday afternoon.  They are a CB that stand up for their players and supporters.

I wonder do the GAA offer little sweeteners of some sort to get counties to go along with their plans. Such as Clare agreeing to a Sunday double header in this instance.
I wonder.