List your top 15 from 2001-17 -Survey closes on 28th April 2017

Started by Owen Brannigan, April 23, 2017, 04:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 27, 2017, 11:10:36 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 27, 2017, 08:21:12 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 27, 2017, 05:36:50 PM
Catch yourself on Bomber!!! Marc O'Se was a class act. Held that Kerry FB line together for years after Moynihan etc retired!

He was in his f**k, anytime there was a big job to be done it was thrust on to Tom O'Sullivan.

Marc O'Se was a decent corner back but there's been far, far better in his own generation. If he had been Marc O'Leary he would be relatively unheralded.

O'Sullivan was a good player but a spoiler. Christ Marc O'Se had everything in this locker. Some of his blocks. Unreal. The one against Tyrone in the SF two years ago springs to mind.

Was he not black carded after about 15mins that day? I can't recall his block, who was it on?
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

I find it interesting how different people get more annoyed by some players over others. I would have expected a lot more dislike for Ricey and Gormley as both were tough man markers who often bent the rules as much as they could yet a lot of fans get more annoyed with Sean Cavanagh for "going down easy" as Brolly would say.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 28, 2017, 05:56:59 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 27, 2017, 11:10:36 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 27, 2017, 08:21:12 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 27, 2017, 05:36:50 PM
Catch yourself on Bomber!!! Marc O'Se was a class act. Held that Kerry FB line together for years after Moynihan etc retired!

He was in his f**k, anytime there was a big job to be done it was thrust on to Tom O'Sullivan.

Marc O'Se was a decent corner back but there's been far, far better in his own generation. If he had been Marc O'Leary he would be relatively unheralded.

O'Sullivan was a good player but a spoiler. Christ Marc O'Se had everything in this locker. Some of his blocks. Unreal. The one against Tyrone in the SF two years ago springs to mind.

Was he not black carded after about 15mins that day? I can't recall his block, who was it on?

McAliskey if I remember correctly.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: randomusername on April 27, 2017, 08:25:04 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 27, 2017, 04:21:04 PM
Hate is a strong word. Can we say disliked Tyrone players??

Probably only Sean Cavanagh comes into that bracket. Maybe Davey Harte. Smug

I respected Canavan, Dooher, McGuigan, O'Neill, Gormley, Cavlan even Ricey. Great players.

You couldn't hate Mugsy either. Sure he's half Maghera himself!

What the hell did Davy Harte ever do to annoy anyone?

Read McConville's book

The Stallion

It's things like this which people don't like about many Tyrone players:

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/harte-to-examine-claims-in-mcconvilles-book-26328311.html

Whatever the facts about the accuracy of McConville's statements there, the slabbering from some of their players that I know of is reprehensible. Yet so many are quick to justify it as part of what it takes to be a winner.

tonto1888

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on April 27, 2017, 08:04:02 PM
I'm really surprised how little Brian McGuigan is featuring - I thought he was a top class play maker in that Tyrone half forward line when they were at their peak in the 00's

I forgot about him to be honest

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 27, 2017, 03:24:29 PM
Was it just because he was from the Moy and went to school in Armagh, a bit like why the Derry wans aren't too fond out Dooher.

I wonder if the Armagh and Derry ones were to give us a top 5 of all time hated Tyrone players who would be in it.
Would PTG be No 1 though Mugsy must be well up there too.

Jordan certainly was Mr Consistency for a long time and he nearly always seem to get up for a point or two.

McMenamin
Mulligan
Cavanagh
Jordan
Whoever made that block on Stevie on the 03 final

ONeill

Jordan for me was the best wing half back of the last 20 years. A man of iron. Rarely wasted a ball.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Stallion

A serial cheat who should be ashamed of some of his behaviour on the pitch.