Documentaries

Started by 5 Sams, July 14, 2013, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Watching a show here about Treblinka. Scary stuff.  I've always said fact was stranger than fiction. I love watching a really good documentary series. World at War is amazing. Some of the stuff on PBS is great. The series about the history of baseball was unbelievable. I never miss the documentary hour and the curious ear on Radio 1. Anyone ever hear the one about the two lads who blagged their way to Manhattan on their own from Dublin Airport. But the lads at TG4 excel themselves with all sorts of stuff. Laochra Gael, Fearaibh Fionntra, Bibeanna and Scannal. top class.Any other recommendations lads??
The Aristocrat Years

muppet

Free online movie: Zeitgeist 2: Addendum

This has been hammered as conspiracy theory stuff, but it was made in 2008. You can view its predictions in hindsight and ask yourself, were they right?

http://conspiracyrealitytv.com/zeitgeist2-the-movie-addendum-money-creation-central-banks-and-economic-slavery/

Zeitgiest 1 was ok. The 911 part of it was crap, I thought, but the rest was interesting.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Tabloid by Errol Morris if you want an absolutely bonkers story brilliantly told by one of the great documentary makers of all-time.  Really, watch any Morris film and you're onto a winner.

FL/MAYO

If you liked the baseball one you will love this one

http://www.pbs.org/civilwar/

ONeill

Man of Aran. Rip roaring action packed tale of life in Connacht during the Celtic Tiger period.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J OGorman

Just watched 'Pulling John', doc on arm wrestling legend John Brzenk, the Michael Jordan of arm-wrestling. Looks at Brzenk, a middle / heavyweight arm wrestler, unbeaten in years questioning whether he should retire or not and the emergence of two super-heavyweights, one a brash yank, and the other a quiet Russian (2 men mountains, much much bigger than Brzenk)..good show for those who like the old sport documentaries :-)

bennydorano

How the States(US) got their shapes - is a great (entertaining) documentary series on the History channel H2.

Norf Tyrone

Anyone know anywhere to dload some of this stuff. Looking something to watch while relaxing on hols.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bennydorano

Sky on demand has lot of Docs and stuff if you have it.

blewuporstuffed

The ESPN 30 for 30 series are very good, if you like sports documentaries.
'The two Escobars' is excellent as is 'broke'
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 22, 2014, 06:13:15 PM
Anyone know anywhere to dload some of this stuff. Looking something to watch while relaxing on hols.
Here's the mother of all documentary sites:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/watch-online/
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AZOffaly

Lar, that looks like a class site.

gallsman

West of Memphis - three teens wrongfully convicted of what authorities described as a "satanic" killing of three young boys in early 90s in small town Arkansas. Documentary focuses on their fight for (still to be received) justice, the support they got leading to their release and explores the original murder case. Absolutely gripping, if harrowing, stuff.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2014, 11:54:46 AM
West of Memphis - three teens wrongfully convicted of what authorities described as a "satanic" killing of three young boys in early 90s in small town Arkansas. Documentary focuses on their fight for (still to be received) justice, the support they got leading to their release and explores the original murder case. Absolutely gripping, if harrowing, stuff.
yeah, i thought this was very good.

Also 'the imposter' about a young spanish homeless guy who pretends to be the missing child of an american family
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

muppet

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 23, 2014, 11:40:12 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 22, 2014, 06:13:15 PM
Here's the mother of all documentary sites:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/watch-online/

Nice one, will have a look at that when I get a chance.
MWWSI 2017