Quarter-finals

Started by thejuice, July 23, 2011, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Cork and Kerry to win easily. Kildare to figure out a way past Donegal's parked bus. Tyrone to swat away Roscommon, then edge past a rusty Dublin team that would've beat them all things being equal.

Cork - Kildare final.

orangeman

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 24, 2011, 07:04:25 PM
Strange the way Marty went to the caption half-way through the draw. By that stage Tyrone/Roscommon were going to get Dublin regardless.

Aye but he was just checking !   ;)

Cooney could be heard saying " ah for feck's sake Marty, can we start again please ?"   ;D

joemamas

Kerry V Limerick  Kerry by 10-12 pts
Cork V Mayo       Cork by 8-10  pts
Donegal V Kildare   toss up
Tyrone V Roscommon  Tyrone by 8-10 pts

Dublin V Tyrone  Dublin slight favourites.

Prozac being passed around Mayo (and central council or whoever collects gate receipts in Croke Park) this evening.

orangeman

Quote from: joemamas on July 24, 2011, 07:08:22 PM
Kerry V Limerick  Kerry by 10-12 pts
Cork V Mayo       Cork by 8-10  pts
Donegal V Kildare   toss up
Tyrone V Roscommon  Tyrone by 8-10 pts

Dublin V Tyrone  Dublin slight favourites.

Prozac being passed around Mayo (and central council or whoever collects gate receipts in Croke Park) this evening.

:D

clarshack

i assume tyrone v rosocmmon would have to be played next weekend before any of the 1/4 finals? would be strange having a 1/4 final played first.

donegal lad

Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2011, 07:45:09 PM
i assume tyrone v rosocmmon would have to be played next weekend before any of the 1/4 finals? would be strange having a 1/4 final played first.
Wouldn't make to much of a difference tbh i could see them playing that game on the Sunday as a curtain raiser to donegal vs kildare

Gaffer

What would have happened, I wonder, if Mayo and Tyrone/Roscommon were the last two left in the pots?

It very nearly happened.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

joemamas

Quote from: donegal lad on July 24, 2011, 07:55:24 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2011, 07:45:09 PM
Wouldn't make to much of a difference tbh i could see them playing that game on the Sunday as a curtain raiser to donegal vs kildare

Doubt if that will be the case unless they throw in Cork and Mayo for good measure.

Cannot see GAA having a Cork V Mayo  Kerry V Limerick double header, as there would be a very poor attendence at it. The GAA are in a bit of a quandry to be honest.

They may have to go with Tyrone V Ros , Cork V Mayo and a Minor game thrown in for good measure on Saturday  with the same deal for Sunday.

joemamas

Quote from: Gaffer on July 24, 2011, 08:03:07 PM
What would have happened, I wonder, if Mayo and Tyrone/Roscommon were the last two left in the pots?

It very nearly happened.

Thought about that, that is why the latter part of the draw could not have been live. They would have had to do it over.

clarshack

Quote from: Gaffer on July 24, 2011, 08:03:07 PM

It very nearly happened.

is there not a 15 min delay on these things?, therefore if it happened it would be redone and we would be none the wiser.

SuperDooperCooper

Not a great draw for us to be honest.
We will be expected to (and should) win with a bit to spare.
Then we will probably face Cork with no idea of where our form is at.
The general sense down here is that we wanted Kildare.
Not many will travel to Croker for this one.
Horror draw from Limerick too I'd imagine.

Aaron Boone

Kerry could play Munster opposition all the way to the final.

The dream final of Mayo v Roscommon is still possible though ;).

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 24, 2011, 08:25:53 PM
Kerry could play Munster opposition all the way to the final.

The dream final of Mayo v Roscommon is still possible though ;).

Enda Kenny would have to show up then... ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Chimley

Contrary to some views posted already, this must be the best draw from our point of view. Cork will be unbackable, we will have nothing to lose. We shouldn't fear Cork, having beaten them twice in the past three competitive meetings. Horan has this team scrapping for every ball and that mentality can carry any team further than they are entitled. We may not beat Cork but we might give them a fright that they won't have bargained for.

ross4life

Having been keeping tabs on this to see how the odds would change with the draw.

Yesterday odds

Kerry 2/1
Cork 5/2
Dublin 7/2
Kildare 7/1
Tyrone 9/1
Donegal 12/1
Mayo 22/1
Limerick 50/1
Roscommon 80/1

Todays odds

Kerry 15/8
Cork 9/4
Dublin 7/2
Kildare 8/1
Tyrone 11/1
Donegal 16/1
Mayo 33/1
Limerick 80/1
Roscommon 125/1

IMO Tyrone are the best value bet.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open