Author Topic: Division 3 league 2011  (Read 7147 times)

footy15

• View Profile
Division 3 league 2011
« on: June 16, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »
Mountnugent top of table and Corlough bottom but funny enough Mountnugent got bet by a point by Corlough last Friday.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
Re: Division 3 league 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »
Its a conspiracy!

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
Ya may get on to Whatsmyname and find out whats going on. I wonder were there any peculiar betting patterns for this game. Betfair could be launching an investigation.

footy15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:44:32 PM »
Ye ,

whats my name

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:07 PM »
Eh about that mishap we were missing 7 from the last game against killdallon plus we had the just turn up and beat these syndrom as they were playing so bad and had gotten beaten the week previous by the guts of 20 points

footy15

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:46:27 PM »
I also heard Corlough missing 5 or 6 players and far from there strogest team.

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 12:32:53 AM »
Corlough's best player Martin Cassidy quit a few weeks ago and they were missing their fullback Joe Prior, they work with the bare minimum of players most well past retiring but don't want to quit as they won't be able to field a team, they won this game after sacking their manager and losing every single game before this and they STILL managed to get the bit between their teeth and get back a 6 point deficit to the top team in the group. It's a testament to the lads involved that they can even field a team never mind win up in Mountnugent no matter how many players Mountnugent were missing.

mylestheslasher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
Corlough's best player Martin Cassidy quit a few weeks ago and they were missing their fullback Joe Prior, they work with the bare minimum of players most well past retiring but don't want to quit as they won't be able to field a team, they won this game after sacking their manager and losing every single game before this and they STILL managed to get the bit between their teeth and get back a 6 point deficit to the top team in the group. It's a testament to the lads involved that they can even field a team never mind win up in Mountnugent no matter how many players Mountnugent were missing.

At the best of times Corlough would have struggled for numbers but this recession & emigration must really be tightening teams like Corlough. I wonder how long will it be before some team has to fold?

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »

At the best of times Corlough would have struggled for numbers but this recession & emigration must really be tightening teams like Corlough. I wonder how long will it be before some team has to fold?

Fair play to clubs like this who keep on going in what I'm sure are seriously tough times. The facilities in Corlough are a credit to the whole area and probably a clear sign that the club has no intentions of folding. I don't know how many they have lost since the downturn but I'm sure it's been alot more than most clubs.
Our Reserve team has been given the points twice this year by clubs not fit to field a reserve team. This problem is only going to get worse and it may the beginning of the end for some clubs.
We probably all have debated about the merits of having less clubs in the county and the advantages of clubs amalgamating but lets be honest nobody would like to be in a position where you basically have to up sticks and join with the nearest larger club. I feel all clubs should be given as much support as is possible to keep them running and competing. Your club after all is your identity.

footy15

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
Will Corlough be fit for Templeport today?

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 02:55:04 PM »
Corlough have a core group of maybe 16 lads, then a few locals that will throw on a jersey and play if needs be. The strange thing is that emmigration hasn't hit them nearly as hard as Kildallan (worst hit in West Cavan by far) and Templeport. It would be a real pity to see them fold especially with the facilities they have, the older lads and the lads in their 20's simply wouldn't amalgamate with Templeport or Swad, they'd sooner not play. I still think Corlough will hold on and field a team for a few years yet.

Can't see them beating Templeport tonight, TP have been playing well under Gerry Flanagan (former Leitrim player) and TP have beaten Corlough well in the past few meetings, but as always with Junior you can never be sure.

footy15

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 03:17:09 PM »
If you could keep Mcmanus quiet , maybe Corlough could a have a slight chance but i cant see them winning it
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:44:36 PM by footy15 »

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 10:02:52 PM »
Corlough ground out a 2 point win over Templeport through sheer force of will this evening. They may not have much talent, even for Junior, but I have rarely seen a team with such a stomach for a dogfight. Fair play to them.
Kieran McManus remains the best forward in West Cavan, deserves a go on the Cavan Juniors.

footy15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
Corlough ground out a 2 point win over Templeport through sheer force of will this evening. They may not have much talent, even for Junior, but I have rarely seen a team with such a stomach for a dogfight. Fair play to them.
Kieran McManus remains the best forward in West Cavan, deserves a go on the Cavan Juniors.
[/quote

Mc manus was in panel for a while, .

Where at the game

Corlough played all the football in the second half , after being level at half time
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:13:13 PM by footy15 »

footy15

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
Anyone at the Corlough v Templeport game