Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2017, 08:49:15 PM
Yeah well done seanie. I have heard great reports about that race and the night drinking afterwards.

I'm much more naturally suited the the drinking afterwards. Legs in absolute ribbons.

heffo

Good man Seanie well done

imtommygunn

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 28, 2017, 09:58:38 PM
Yeah well done seanie. I have heard great reports about that race and the night drinking afterwards.

I'm much more naturally suited the the drinking afterwards. Legs in absolute ribbons.

Sure we all are. At least when you do something like that you earn it lol.

Anyone have any wireless issues with their garmin? Bluetooth and wifi stopped working on mine. I can upload it through the wire but nothing else.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 31, 2017, 08:36:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 28, 2017, 09:58:38 PM

Sure we all are. At least when you do something like that you earn it lol.

Anyone have any wireless issues with their garmin? Bluetooth and wifi stopped working on mine. I can upload it through the wire but nothing else.
Happens me sometimes. I've the Forerunner 225.
Switching the Phone on and off usually fixes it.
Also I find if I open the Garmin app on the Phone and click on Activites>Running before I sync the watch then the syncing starts almost instantly. If I don't do that the Phone takes forever to find the watch.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Can anyone recommend a good pair of runners at a resonable price that Lifestyle stock? I have a voucher for there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 17, 2017, 09:04:43 PM
Can anyone recommend a good pair of runners at a resonable price that Lifestyle stock? I have a voucher for there.

Running with Hoka's at the minute, £105 bit expensive but so far so good! Great on big runs and recovery has been quicker and better since using them over my regular ASIC .. going cheaper may in the long run work out worst
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Dublin Half Marathon a shambles today apparently.
People going mad on Twitter and Facebook about the traffic. Loads had to turn around and come home.
Dunno why they just didn't leave it in the Phoenix Park.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: laoislad on September 23, 2017, 12:55:08 PM
Dublin Half Marathon a shambles today apparently.
People going mad on Twitter and Facebook about the traffic. Loads had to turn around and come home.
Dunno why they just didn't leave it in the Phoenix Park.
numbers are capped at 8,000 in the Phoenix

imtommygunn

Just read on twitter ll. Sounds shambolic... Lots of not too happy people who just went home in frustration.

Billys Boots

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 23, 2017, 02:28:43 PM
Just read on twitter ll. Sounds shambolic... Lots of not too happy people who just went home in frustration.

Shambles isn't the half of it - a ca. 10,000 town was cut off from the outside world for 3 hours, no access to emergency services, people couldn't go to work.  Fingal CC already distancing themselves from the 'organisation' of the event - the 'race director' looks like he is being lined up for the shafting.  There's a reason why these events are run in cities that seems to have passed the 'organisers' by.  Bizarre stuff. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

heffo

Myself and a friend signed up for it months ago. We had a look at the traffic management plan and parking and decided to give it a miss and do our long run in the park instead.

One narrow road in and one road out - jokeshop.

Milltown Row2

There was a group that did a haphazard half marathon race in Belfast a while back, turned out to be a joke also, water stations were poor, organising it was badly done and wasn't really associated with any running club, I'm sure imtommygun could fill in the details but it sounds like it was a money making thing rather than something that would normally be expected for a city race!

Less than 3 weeks to go for me, did my long run there on Sat morning , my phone lost battery service at 28.8km but I'd ran another 3.2 km to get to 32km... pace was 5/23 and no real issues, knees sore yesterday but all good today...

should I do another long one before the 15th? The thought of doing it is sickening! To be fair I've not stuck to a plan, just to busy so I've just got out when I could

Second time using the gels, think they work, used a water belt which carried 2 300ml bottles managed to have a small bit left at the end but I was thinking of filling them at a station along the way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: heffo on September 25, 2017, 10:09:11 AM
Myself and a friend signed up for it months ago. We had a look at the traffic management plan and parking and decided to give it a miss and do our long run in the park instead.

I didnt sign up for it as I bring the young fella to soccer training out that way every Saturday and I knew the traffic would be mental on those roads. Even at 3pm last Saturday when I was bringing him there was still hold ups.
Back to the Phoenix Park next year I'd say. Can't understand how they thought it would ever work up there.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2017, 01:50:27 PM
There was a group that did a haphazard half marathon race in Belfast a while back, turned out to be a joke also, water stations were poor, organising it was badly done and wasn't really associated with any running club, I'm sure imtommygun could fill in the details but it sounds like it was a money making thing rather than something that would normally be expected for a city race!

Less than 3 weeks to go for me, did my long run there on Sat morning , my phone lost battery service at 28.8km but I'd ran another 3.2 km to get to 32km... pace was 5/23 and no real issues, knees sore yesterday but all good today...

should I do another long one before the 15th? The thought of doing it is sickening! To be fair I've not stuck to a plan, just to busy so I've just got out when I could

you were looking sharp last night

Second time using the gels, think they work, used a water belt which carried 2 300ml bottles managed to have a small bit left at the end but I was thinking of filling them at a station along the way

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on September 25, 2017, 02:37:35 PM
Quote from: heffo on September 25, 2017, 10:09:11 AM

I didnt sign up for it as I bring the young fella to soccer training out that way every Saturday and I knew the traffic would be mental on those roads. Even at 3pm last Saturday when I was bringing him there was still hold ups.
Back to the Phoenix Park next year I'd say. Can't understand how they thought it would ever work up there.

I read that entries were capped at 8,000 in the park- why they thought they could accomodate more out there??