Belfast GAA is dying...

Started by Belfast GAA man, February 17, 2017, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 27, 2017, 08:14:36 PM

Apparently St Brigits were to do that 6/7 years ago!

They must be on a 10 year plan then.  ;)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Belfast GAA man

There has been a lot of deserved PR for a u14 girls winter football league recently with 29 teams competing over 10 weeks at the 3-G in North Belfast. This was run by a group called the Belfast Community Network

Wouldn't it be great to have this type of innovation for the boys hurling and football?

Seems the South Antrim board are just going through the motions rather than moving with the times and innovating.......

City Dweller

Excellent point, would suggest there is a big gap in Belfast for some sort of football competition involving the North Down Belfast Clubs.

Perhaps at U16, where there is a limited number of games for the U16 Div 1 sides.

Early season Cup competition played over 2 or 3 weekends?

Belfast GAA man

That sounds like a innovative and practical solution to the lack of fixtures at that age group . The natural inclination is to think of all county leagues but the travel involved in that would be much more than playing County Down Belfast teams - Carryduff & Bredagh spring to mind. I suppose the issue would be getting the 2 boards to work togther and one of them to take the lead

Perhaps its time for a Belfast Board?

johnneycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 11, 2017, 02:07:33 PM
That sounds like a innovative and practical solution to the lack of fixtures at that age group . The natural inclination is to think of all county leagues but the travel involved in that would be much more than playing County Down Belfast teams - Carryduff & Bredagh spring to mind. I suppose the issue would be getting the 2 boards to work togther and one of them to take the lead

Perhaps its time for a Belfast Board?

The current Ulster council coach for the area covers great Belfast, north down and the Ards. He's hardy seen down our way, so he must be beavering away in the big smoke....

Belfast GAA man

I didn't know there was an Ulster council coach for Belfast? do you know their remit?

johnneycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 15, 2017, 08:44:47 PM
I didn't know there was an Ulster council coach for Belfast? do you know their remit?

I don't think anyone does

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on March 15, 2017, 10:09:41 PM

Meow.

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2017, 10:13:50 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 15, 2017, 10:09:41 PM

Meow.

Well a "Belfast GAA man" didn't know of his existence and the man himself had to be asked by the secretary of an Ards hurling club what exactly he does at a recent Down hurling development meeting.

Belfast GAA man

Here's a thought:
Belfast GAA had Casement as a jewel in the crown for over 50 years. Due to an Ulster Council run project we have not had Casement for 5 years and likely to be out of commission for another 3 to5 years. Antrim/Belfast GAA doesn't have many things going for it but the honour of playing in Casement was one of them - Should the Ulster Council be paying Antrim GAA for the loss of our historic and iconic venue for a 8 to10 year period? Money we could use to make a new Belfast GAA home in Woodlands or Boucher Road pitches...

Gall the way

Johnnycool,
I think it's pretty clear what hurling officer  you're referring too and to say he does nothing on a public forum is just wrong. As a coach for my own club the official in question is our point of contact for any go games fixtures we have. He arranges the venues, fixtures etc on a weekly basis. He's in schools coaching and as far as I see on fbook, he plays a big part in the schools competitions structures. Just because a club secretary never knew what this man did, doesn't define any work he does/doesn't do. Remember any f**kwit can be voted in at club positions. I think to publicly criticise (wrongly may I add) on his job is petty. Hes a family and house to cater for etc. Try to remember that.
As for the Belfast plan, I read very recently in the Irish news that it's near completed and will commence soon?

johnneycool

Quote from: Gall the way on June 28, 2017, 08:28:13 AM
Johnnycool,
I think it's pretty clear what hurling officer  you're referring too and to say he does nothing on a public forum is just wrong. As a coach for my own club the official in question is our point of contact for any go games fixtures we have. He arranges the venues, fixtures etc on a weekly basis. He's in schools coaching and as far as I see on fbook, he plays a big part in the schools competitions structures. Just because a club secretary never knew what this man did, doesn't define any work he does/doesn't do. Remember any f**kwit can be voted in at club positions. I think to publicly criticise (wrongly may I add) on his job is petty. Hes a family and house to cater for etc. Try to remember that.
As for the Belfast plan, I read very recently in the Irish news that it's near completed and will commence soon?

Where is this all done?

Remember he's also responsible for hurling development in the Ards.

Gall the way

There are 4/5 venues every Saturday in Belfast where I'm pretty sure carryduff and Bredagh attend.
Do the ards teams not have blitzes in Eddie Irvine centre? Be silly to hold something on top of that. To be fair though, if you're asked to cover the whole of Belfast, and the 3 clubs in ards, realistically most of your work would be done within Belfast given the size and amount of schools/clubs to get to. Why can't the ards clubs travel to Belfast for the blitzes? You hardly want him to head up and run a blitz between the 3 clubs where youse are likely doing that anyway?
Also, why don't you try contacting him and asking for the help in whatever aspect of development you're looking for? I'm sure he'd be happy to help rather than have you blast it all over a public forum (which you still haven't acknowledged is bang out of order?!)

NAG1

Think you boys could take this to PM's and get this sorted out.
;)

johnneycool

Quote from: Gall the way on June 28, 2017, 09:10:35 AM
There are 4/5 venues every Saturday in Belfast where I'm pretty sure carryduff and Bredagh attend.
Do the ards teams not have blitzes in Eddie Irvine centre? Be silly to hold something on top of that. To be fair though, if you're asked to cover the whole of Belfast, and the 3 clubs in ards, realistically most of your work would be done within Belfast given the size and amount of schools/clubs to get to. Why can't the ards clubs travel to Belfast for the blitzes? You hardly want him to head up and run a blitz between the 3 clubs where youse are likely doing that anyway?
Also, why don't you try contacting him and asking for the help in whatever aspect of development you're looking for? I'm sure he'd be happy to help rather than have you blast it all over a public forum (which you still haven't acknowledged is bang out of order?!)

Fair enough on the public forum bit, but if said individual was to frequent here there is nothing on it that he hasn't been made aware of to his face in another public forum he attended.