Quote from: chieftain on September 08, 2022, 12:43:35 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 08, 2022, 12:13:17 PM
Quote from: In hiding on September 07, 2022, 11:43:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 07, 2022, 10:55:08 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 07, 2022, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: Walter White on September 07, 2022, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: square_ball on September 07, 2022, 01:29:31 PM
Kileeshil must be one.

The double header planned for Killeeshil has been moved to Donaghmore now according to the Tyrone website. Brackaville v Fintona and Clogher v Eglish.

Interesting. I was looking at Killeshil for 4G coverage and while it exists it isn't super strong. Also Openreach's network checker doesn't give a result for their address! OTOH Fibrus gives a result back saying they'll cover it by the end of this year, but of course that's too late.

I suspect that the Rock might also struggle in having good 4G backhaul. This coming weekend will tell, I haven't been up there myself in several years.

I thought Kildress would have been in with a shout for championship match this year considering the facilities we have on offer now, pavilion, small stand and good surface. I also think the 4g is strong there too.

How does it work do u have to lobby the county board or apply or something??
Turnstiles

We play Edendork in Stewartstown - they don't have turnstiles
Neither does Garvaghy
Or The Rock
Fintona don't use theres

Also on the question of provider O2 and EE are very good and Vodafone is okay

The new building we built is state of the art and would probably be even more reliable to hook to the comms room which runs the building Wifi and other stuff i dont have a clue about

JUST THINKING WHY DONT WE HAVE THE COUNTY FINAL AT GORTACLADDY! :)

Gortacladdy a superb setup and always well stewarded and setup, should at least be considered for early rounds.
Fintona have also a superb setup, but if they are to get championship games it has to be daytime only. A stand for supporters is a must at a champ match.

Good facilities in kildress but lack of parking would definitely be an issue.

WT4E

Quote from: gaafan2 on September 08, 2022, 01:05:18 PM
Kileeshil must be one.

The double header planned for Killeeshil has been moved to Donaghmore now according to the Tyrone website. Brackaville v Fintona and Clogher v Eglish.

Interesting. I was looking at Killeshil for 4G coverage and while it exists it isn't super strong. Also Openreach's network checker doesn't give a result for their address! OTOH Fibrus gives a result back saying they'll cover it by the end of this year, but of course that's too late.

I suspect that the Rock might also struggle in having good 4G backhaul. This coming weekend will tell, I haven't been up there myself in several years.

I thought Kildress would have been in with a shout for championship match this year considering the facilities we have on offer now, pavilion, small stand and good surface. I also think the 4g is strong there too.

Turnstiles

Neither does Garvaghy
Or The Rock
Fintona don't use theres

The new building we built is state of the art and would probably be even more reliable to hook to the comms room which runs the building Wifi and other stuff i dont have a clue about

Gortacladdy a superb setup and always well stewarded and setup, should at least be considered for early rounds.
Fintona have also a superb setup, but if they are to get championship games it has to be daytime only. A stand for supporters is a must at a champ match.

Yes parking is probably the main weakness however not one the club couldn't overcome if they put their mind to it. We would be a bit like Stewartstown in that regard and would confidently cater for junior matches and single match intermediate matches with the exception of a big clash e.g. Eglish v Galbally or similar

clarshack

Quote from: WT4E on September 08, 2022, 01:17:41 PM
Kileeshil must be one.

Turnstiles

Neither does Garvaghy
Or The Rock
Fintona don't use theres

Yes parking is probably the main weakness however not one the club couldn't overcome if they put there mind to it. We would be a bit like Stewartstown in that regard and would confidently cater for junior matches and single match intermediate matches with the exception of a big clash e.g. Eglish v Galbally or similar

we have a bit more room for parking now beside the 2nd pitch but really need a stand which supposedly is on it's way.

Gaafan2

Kileeshil must be one.

Turnstiles

Neither does Garvaghy
Or The Rock
Fintona don't use theres

Yes parking is probably the main weakness however not one the club couldn't overcome if they put their mind to it. We would be a bit like Stewartstown in that regard and would confidently cater for junior matches and single match intermediate matches with the exception of a big clash e.g. Eglish v Galbally or similar
I see what you've done there, Pomeroy v Galbally not a bigger clash that Eglish v Galbally  ;) Still sore from your loss in Plunkett Park Mattie?  ;D

Has there ever been any plans to do up dungannon recently? Used to be a good venue, massive issues with parking aside.

Mikhailov

Quote from: 03,05,08 on September 08, 2022, 01:56:57 PM
Has there ever been any plans to do up dungannon recently? Used to be a good venue, massive issues with parking aside.

O'Neill park has been closed for last 9 months and no due to reopen until early 2024 - major new complex and pitch currently being developed.

That's why all Clarke's games are played in the ER hurling club

God14

Quote from: 03,05,08 on September 08, 2022, 01:56:57 PM

Used to love going to the county NFL matches in Dungannon. It was a real fortress too, unlike Omagh

WT4E

Quote from: gaafan2 on September 08, 2022, 01:45:37 PM
Kileeshil must be one.

Turnstiles

Neither does Garvaghy
Or The Rock
Fintona don't use theres

I see what you've done there, Pomeroy v Galbally not a bigger clash that Eglish v Galbally  ;) Still sore from your loss in Plunkett Park Mattie?  ;D

LOL

Well the reason i changed Eglish for Pomeroy was because when I thought about it Kildress would be an obvious geographical location for Galbally Pomeroy and I didn't want to rule us out as a potential option in the future of you two heavy weights. ;)

As for the hammering you gave us this year that only happened cause I was on holidays..... something I think you can agree Matty wouldn't say.  ;D

Onthe40

Coalisland have lights and a covered stand - on same pitch

clarshack

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 08, 2022, 04:19:42 PM

do lights not have to be of a certain standard for broadcast purposes?

uptheblues

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 08, 2022, 04:19:42 PM

Only fit for training, not match standard.

PMG1

Dromore have good floodlit pitch with top quality floodlights, turnstiles for entry and a stand albeit not covered. We also have great parking and are on a main road.

Mikhailov

Quote from: PMG1 on September 08, 2022, 07:45:23 PM
Dromore have good floodlit pitch with top quality floodlights, turnstiles for entry and a stand albeit not covered. We also have great parking and are on a main road.

Dromore have a good set up to be fair but I don't think the lights are of a good enough quality for championship and on TV but they may have been upgraded recently. But definitely capable of hosting a day time fixture at their pitch, good surface, good stand, turnstiles, parking etc

PMG1

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 08, 2022, 09:22:54 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on September 08, 2022, 07:45:23 PM

Dromore have a good set up to be fair but I don't think the lights are of a good enough quality for championship and on TV but they may have been upgraded recently. But definitely capable of hosting a day time fixture at their pitch, good surface, good stand, turnstiles, parking etc
Our lights are of a very high standard, there is many games like friendlies, youth games, in-house games and even senior league games played on it. Biggest problem for us is that if it a night that our seniors are due to train then we would rather give it to them than host a champ game

Under Lights

I believe there was a low voltage issue in the area last night, my house lights dipped a few times around 6pm and then went off for about 10 mins