FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 10, 2023, 12:07:34 PM
Stephen Kenny: I am trying to play constructive football. Out from the back and pressing more up front.
Stephen Kenny supporters after we lose: We don't have the players. He is doing his best...

In other words wanting to do something and actually being able to, and having the personnel to do it are worlds apart in the real world. International football is cagey in general so let's lock it down a bit.

We all want to play nicer stuff, but you can write off games like France, etc. But, we are losing to teams around us while playing poorly.

Also, this idea of the youth isn't ringing through when Duffy starts ahead of O'Shea when who is playing top flight and is younger. McClean and Stevens are still knocking about too.
If I hear people giving him credit for 'bringing through' Evan Ferguson I give up too.

Also, if you don't want Kenny it doesn't mean it's hoof ball but at least have a pragmatist in charge who works to the strengths of the lads he has.

Throw s big man like  Duffy up  front and hoof it up to him. .  Ireland don't  have the players to  play a silky  passing game.  Luxembourg won in Dublin ffs, and  Ireland will always struggle to score with the players and  system they play.   These moral  performances and narrow loses are  useless.

Ireland aren't going to  qualify and It's only a matter of time before Kenny goes anyway. He might as well  try something different

weareros

screenexile

seafoid

Peno sez ref - Wow
1-0 to us

jcpen

Quote from: weareros on September 10, 2023, 07:51:41 PM
Some start. Could have 2 after 3 mins. We'll take 1.
Well if they scored the first one the pen would never have happened so would still be only 1-0
This is one of my 3 usernames.

weareros

Quote from: jcpen on September 10, 2023, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 10, 2023, 07:51:41 PM
Some start. Could have 2 after 3 mins. We'll take 1.
Well if they scored the first one the pen would never have happened so would still be only 1-0

That's right. Some gift to not take but at least Van Dyck gave us a second bite.

Itchy

Great start but what a shambolic goal to concede and bazunu should've got a red.

weareros

Itchy

We just have the quality in the middle 3rd to take advantage of an off colour Holland. I expect Dutch will go on to win 2-1 or 3-1 now.

Captain Obvious

Can see tonight why France beat this Netherlands team 4-0 and a better side than this Irish team would be leading 2 or 3-0 at half time.  Poor goal to concede with the whole defence taken out by one decent pass, Ake making blocks from the indecision in the Irish forward play.  Van Dijk looks poor without the extra protection he gets when playing for Liverpool.

weareros

Itchy

Ah what's Duffy at stepping out of the line again, twice he's fucked up