FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

That is Evan Ferguson tied up with the republic I beleive. No chance of a a Rice like defection to England now.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 19, 2023, 05:09:51 PM
Ronnie Whelan played a total of 53 times for the national side between 1981 and 1995.

Mad to think McClean will play nearly double that between 2012 and 2023.
The opening up of Eastern Europe changed the Euro qualifying. Yugloslavia and the USSR broke up between 1990 and 92.
There are more matches now cos more teams.

Even the finals are different. In 88 there were 8 teams. Now there are more than 20.

seafoid

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 19, 2023, 09:53:59 PM
That is Evan Ferguson tied up with the republic I beleive. No chance of a a Rice like defection to England now.
Ferguson is from Meath I think. Rice and Grealish are second generation at least

Capt Pat

Quote from: seafoid on June 19, 2023, 09:55:59 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 19, 2023, 09:53:59 PM
Ferguson is from Meath I think. Rice and Grealish are second generation at least

Fergusons mother is English and some English wanted him to defect. I am paranoid now about losing any talented players to the English after the way the Rice scenario played out.

Although I think that Ferguson was never likely to drop us as his dad works for the FAI.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 19, 2023, 09:54:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 19, 2023, 05:09:51 PM
Ronnie Whelan played a total of 53 times for the national side between 1981 and 1995.

Mad to think McClean will play nearly double that between 2012 and 2023.
The opening up of Eastern Europe changed the Euro qualifying. Yugloslavia and the USSR broke up between 1990 and 92.
There are more matches now cos more teams.

Even the finals are different. In 88 there were 8 teams. Now there are more than 20.

Injuries hampered Whelan. Also, I seem to remember there was a fall out between Whelan and Big Jack.

From the Bunker

Saffron_sam20

Sam Allardyce being linked to the eire job on Joe.ie he would be good for us, Kenny isnt working out

AustinPowers

I see mc clean  has got the  teeth done. Knew  there was something different   about him

red hander

Quote from: Top G on June 20, 2023, 09:47:17 AM
How hard would it be to get tickets for an away game vs Netherlands at end of November?

You have to apply through FAI. Dutch away will likely be oversubscribed as allocation is 5% of capacity of Amsterdam Arena, which is about 2,400-2,500, I think, and it's handy to get to. Athens was oversubscribed (2,600) for smaller stadium, but everyone got sorted as Greeks upped the allocation at FAI's request. Tickets for oversubscribed games are allocated based on your away record. Without an away record, you'd have next to no chance of getting one for Amsterdam. You could try buying one among home fans if they go on general sale.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Top G on June 20, 2023, 10:44:54 PM
Quote from: red hander on June 20, 2023, 02:23:12 PM
Quote from: Top G on June 20, 2023, 09:47:17 AM
How hard would it be to get tickets for an away game vs Netherlands at end of November?

You have to apply through FAI. Dutch away will likely be oversubscribed as allocation is 5% of capacity of Amsterdam Arena, which is about 2,400-2,500, I think, and it's handy to get to. Athens was oversubscribed (2,600) for smaller stadium, but everyone got sorted as Greeks upped the allocation at FAI's request. Tickets for oversubscribed games are allocated based on your away record. Without an away record, you'd have next to no chance of getting one for Amsterdam. You could try buying one among home fans if they go on general sale.

Thanks
As he sId, you have next to no chance of yiur first purchase being Amsterdam. If you know any committee men at a soccer club, or depending on the LoI club a member/st holder try them

An Watcher

All of a sudden our premier league numbers have increased with ogbene, oshea and Cullen all in there now