Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Subbie

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 06, 2023, 11:08:10 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on January 06, 2023, 01:11:33 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 05, 2023, 07:02:44 PM
Quote from: The Subbie on January 05, 2023, 12:52:13 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2023, 09:37:14 PM
How much would Bohs get from the recent deals with Brighton ?

The initial transfer fee was undisclosed but I'd imagine it was decent in LOI terms
I'd also guess that there would be add on €'s for progression to U 23's , 1st team , 1st team appearances, International team appearances & probably a % of any sell in fee
Bobs will likely do ok out of it

He moved as a kid, not a pro. Bohs got compensation fee and nothing else.

Where'd you get that info ?
Just did a bit of googling there & all I could find was same as I remembered- fee undisclosed
The lad was in demand by a few clubs when he came of age to get the boat and head for England - it's not beyond the bounds of reason that Bohs may have being more than reasonably treated in that deal is it ?
Anyway if you have info beyond that fire it up there , I'd d be curious to see what they are getting 👍🏻

What 'deal'? He wasn't under contract. He just transferred to Brighton, Bohs couldn't stop it if they wanted to.

No link to that then ? Ok

You reckon Bohs didn't get a shilling then ? Would be unusual wouldn't it

rodney trotter

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: The Subbie on January 07, 2023, 12:00:45 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 06, 2023, 11:08:10 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on January 06, 2023, 01:11:33 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 05, 2023, 07:02:44 PM
Quote from: The Subbie on January 05, 2023, 12:52:13 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2023, 09:37:14 PM
How much would Bohs get from the recent deals with Brighton ?

The initial transfer fee was undisclosed but I'd imagine it was decent in LOI terms
I'd also guess that there would be add on €'s for progression to U 23's , 1st team , 1st team appearances, International team appearances & probably a % of any sell in fee
Bobs will likely do ok out of it

He moved as a kid, not a pro. Bohs got compensation fee and nothing else.

Where'd you get that info ?
Just did a bit of googling there & all I could find was same as I remembered- fee undisclosed
The lad was in demand by a few clubs when he came of age to get the boat and head for England - it's not beyond the bounds of reason that Bohs may have being more than reasonably treated in that deal is it ?
Anyway if you have info beyond that fire it up there , I'd d be curious to see what they are getting 👍🏻

What 'deal'? He wasn't under contract. He just transferred to Brighton, Bohs couldn't stop it if they wanted to.

No link to that then ? Ok

You reckon Bohs didn't get a shilling then ? Would be unusual wouldn't it

I'm saying Bohs got the development fee. That fee is the same if he moves to Brighton, Bruges or Barcelona. There is no bidding war for schoolboy/ acadamy players who aren't under contract.

The deciding factor in where a player goes is personal terms

seafoid

When did this change ? Bohs got over EUR 1m in transfer fees linked to Matt Doherty's move to Tottenham and I don't think he ever played for Bohs.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2023, 01:41:41 PM
When did this change ? Bohs got over EUR 1m in transfer fees linked to Matt Doherty's move to Tottenham and I don't think he ever played for Bohs.

https://www.fai.ie/domestic/governance/fifa-solidarity-and-compensation-payments

He wasn't a kid when he moved. He was on (semi) pro terms so there was a fee with add ons. I'm not really sure what you understood the process to be.

Captain Scarlet

Did anyone see this from  the outgoing FAI Chair?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023/0113/1346508-barrett-wants-more-funding-as-fai-set-tone-for-future/

"As for the future, Barrett feels it is imperative to secure greater funding for the sport and believes that football is the poor relation when compared with Gaelic games and rugby.

"The most obvious area the organisation needs to focus on now is the whole infrastructure within the game and the development of infrastructure within the game.

"The reality is there has been chronic underinvestment in Irish football for the last 20 years or so.

"If I put it in context: since 2000, and we can argue whether it is right or wrong, but the fact is that the GAA have got about €430 million in government grants, football has got €118 million, rugby has got €57 million.

"If you look at that per club, GAA has got €208,000 per club, rugby €280,000 per club, and football less than €100,000 per club.

Now overall, I do agree they need to get more but why would anyone have given the FAI money when their governance was in such a shambles? Unfortunately Delaney has set them back a decade or two.

Even at local clubs the committees can be all over the shop and there's always a row going on, and there is no real continuity.

THIS IS A PERSONAL ANECDOTE BTW!

In my area there were 3 clubs that had split from 1 years previous. Then there was a decent crop of players and a lad moved in who knew his stuff. Two of them came back together and things started doing well. There was talk of new dressing rooms and the likes, but sure enough there was internal shite and they had EGMs galore before it all fizzled out.

Meanwhile the lads who were pure soccer heads would be giving out about the GAA facilities with no self awareness. Like a lot of lads on here I'd play during the winter and am a sports fan, not just a GAA fan, so I really hope the FAI keep cleaning house.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

The FAI have a 60 year lease on the Aviva . Past form would seem to suggest that they won't build their own stadium before time runs out.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2023, 06:11:34 PM
The FAI have a 60 year lease on the Aviva . Past form would seem to suggest that they won't build their own stadium before time runs out.

Do you think the Capital needs another National Stadium? The Aviva more than accommodates the needs of the both Rugby and Soccer. Tallaght Stadium covers the smaller capacity games.  We already have Croke Park empty for 7 to 8 months of the year. And of late is struggling to half fill it at peak times of the year.

It would be a complete Joke to go and build a new stadium and burden an association with the repayment and maintenance costs.

Baile Brigín 2

Why would they? The arrangement works and Dublin doesn't need a third large stadium

red hander

Not often I agree with Baile Brigin 2. I've 10 year ticket for Ireland games, and it's proper stadium. We have to deal with realities sometimes.

Captain Scarlet

Evan Ferguson HAS to start in March at the rate he is going.
Doherty is getting more game time with Spurs. Cullen lording it in the championship.
Nathan Collins and Joe Hodge on the up with Wolves. Idah back for Norwich.
Things are starting to look a bit nicer...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 13, 2023, 07:25:12 PM

Do you think the Capital needs another National Stadium? The Aviva more than accommodates the needs of the both Rugby and Soccer. Tallaght Stadium covers the smaller capacity games.  We already have Croke Park empty for 7 to 8 months of the year. And of late is struggling to half fill it at peak times of the year.

It would be a complete Joke to go and build a new stadium and burden an association with the repayment and maintenance costs.
Not now but over the next 50 years the cost of building  a stadium in Dublin will fall significantly as interest rates go up.
If the price and maintenance costs were acceptable would a separate stadium for soccer not be desirable ?

seafoid

The last year for which non-Covid accounts for the FAI were available was 2019.
Turnover was €42m

Page 19
https://www.fai.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/2019%20Financial%20Accounts.pdf

GAA turnover was €73.9 m
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0211/1114542-gaa-announce-record-revenue-of-73-9-million-for-2019/

IRFU turnover was €85m
https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/10/23/irfu-annual-report-for-2019-20-season/

The main difference is infrastructure. The GAA has modernised most of its portfolio.   So has the IRFU.
It's like Monopoly. If you invest in the grounds you can increase the rent and even put a hotel on them. This process can be continued indefinitely. But you need capital to start the process.

Both the IRFU and the GAA have a certain amount of financial momentum because they own property of a higher standard.
The FAI is more like a spailpin.  I don't think this is sustainable but I don't think the FAI is capable of changing things on its own either. This is also a class issue.

https://www.rte.ie/video/id/4305/