FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

The should just ban womens football now - this is the worst thing that could of happened!

Pub Bore

Quote from: markl121 on October 12, 2022, 01:45:00 PM
Ah jaysus have yous seen the sky interview
https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1580148392273010688?s=46&t=cDUYzkcym6Qa3-bNf_ZVpA

Pretty straightforward apology, offering no excuses, and well handled.  Then a bit of tansplaining about Irish history!...but again she coped well with it. :D

Bord na Mona man

It's a really daft thing to sing and even worse to post it on social media without realising the ramifications.

It does highlight the lack of self-awareness that a lot of Irish people have around tribal politics.

WT4E

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1580148392273010688?s=46&t=cDUYzkcym6Qa3-bNf_ZVpA

Fcuk me who made this girl go out for the Brits to shame her on a British News Platform! Its starting to make wanna go out and sing the Celtic Symphony for first time since I was 18. Its embarassing the explaining thats going on. release and statement and if anyone wants to talk about it point them to the statement.

markl121

Quote from: WT4E on October 12, 2022, 02:28:52 PM

Fcuk me who made this girl go out for the Brits to shame her on a British News Platform! Its starting to make wanna go out and sing the Celtic Symphony for first time since I was 18. Its embarassing the explaining thats going on. release and statement and if anyone wants to talk about it point them to the statement.
After initially thinking it was embarrassing, now I'm going the other way and thinking f**k them. They're so out of touch with reality. Sing it to f**k girls

JPGJOHNNYG

They shouldn't have sang it. Whoever posted it from the dressing room needs a serious talking too, what did they think would happen? Cracking tune though.

seafoid

The news cycle will have moved on tomorrow. They will still be in the World Cup.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2022, 03:18:35 PM
The news cycle will have moved on tomorrow. They will still be in the World Cup.

Aye but a UI has been put back a generation because of them.

seafoid

The UK economy is failing faster than the level of outrage is growing so the net effect on the UI is overall positive

seafoid

themac_23

I see the narrative is set that Celtic symphony is a pro IRA song. I wish someone would correct them that it's a Celtic song, it references 'the ra' but it's not a republican song

weareros

Sky Interview was a deplorable piece of ignorant Brit Mansplaining shite and feels like the FAI put her in that situation to please a sponsor. The FAI should cancel the Sky sponsorship if they had any integrity.

markl121

Quote from: weareros on October 12, 2022, 04:27:29 PM
Sky Interview was a deplorable piece of ignorant Brit Mansplaining shite and feels like the FAI put her in that situation to please a sponsor. The FAI should cancel the Sky sponsorship if they had any integrity.
They don't have integrity, so they won't

michaelg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2022, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: highorlow on October 12, 2022, 12:37:54 PM
That's the problem though. Why the fcuk would a team of footballers need to sign 'Oh ah up the Ra'?  It's bloody ridiculous. Banning phones is not the way to fix this, banning stupid f**king idiotic songs is how to fix it. Imagine if you had Linfield singing 'Billy Boys'?  The majority of that team where not even alive during the Troubles. People really need to f**king grow up

I'm both offended and confused now by your statement, i always thought that the "Ra" in the lyrics was the original IRA?

Don't be confused, whether its about the 'OLD' Ra or the new one, its doesn't matter to those that will turn these own goals into something they will use to say to 'their' crowd that the south are glorifying the Ra.. Now take the context away and its a bunch of Irish lady soccer players singing a popular Celtic song, and no one should get in a twist about it.

Allowing or giving the DUP any sort of ammunition just stokes up division and anyone who refuses to see that is an ostrich
On first view, I'm afraid I can't agree with you.  Pretty unpleasant way to celebrate a great success on the pitch.  As for stoking up division, it's the singing of the song itself that is doing that.

RedHand88

Quote from: themac_23 on October 12, 2022, 03:46:52 PM
I see the narrative is set that Celtic symphony is a pro IRA song. I wish someone would correct them that it's a Celtic song, it references 'the ra' but it's not a republican song

What in the name of God is this.