FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Full house and a decent performance.

seafoid

Baile Brigín 2

Looks like they were right to stick with Kenny.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 30, 2022, 12:30:39 PM
Looks like they were right to stick with Kenny.

Don't go jumping the gun! The Nations League will be the gauge as to where we are going.

JPGJOHNNYG

Nations league is the guage. Under O'Neill and Kenny the nations league has been treated as friendlies but in reality teams who take them seriously are qualifying for finals tournaments

seafoid

Main Street

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 30, 2022, 12:54:33 PM
Nations league is the guage. Under O'Neill and Kenny the nations league has been treated as friendlies but in reality teams who take them seriously are qualifying for finals tournaments
I was underwhelmed at first when i heard about the format but it's turned out to be a brilliant competition, replacing friendly games with a competitive tournament which has benefits. The only serious criticism is the insane travel scheduling in the 4 games window.

From the Bunker

Well done to the LADIES tonight!

1-1 away to the number 2 ranked Swedes (number one in Europe!).

Capt Pat

I didn't know he was Irish watching the game but 20 year old Nathan Collins got on the score sheet again for Burnley in their 2-0 win against Southampton. He is a centre back and one for Stephen Kenny to keep an eye on.

Ed Ricketts

Collins is a regular senior squad call up, has a couple of recent senior caps, and has played under Kenny at u21 level. So pretty fair to say the manager has been keeping a decent eye on him.

Very good prospect in a position for which we should be well covered for the next few years.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

extra time

Another good centre half, Jimmy Dunne, captained

extra time

QPR at the weekend. Having a great season for the R,s.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 21, 2022, 09:59:52 PM
I didn't know he was Irish watching the game but 20 year old Nathan Collins got on the score sheet again for Burnley in their 2-0 win against Southampton. He is a centre back and one for Stephen Kenny to keep an eye on.
He has 2 caps...

weareros

Good result for U21s. 3 nice goals. Still in contention to win group.