FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Robinson got Pepe sent off there with a theatrical dive.

seafoid

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 11, 2021, 09:27:36 PM
Robinson got Pepe sent off there with a theatrical dive.

Meh Ogbene got booked for the same in the first half he's experienced enough to know better!

Gmac

McLean not the man to be on so much wide open ball he's terrible

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Poor Pepe, have you ever seen his theatrics over the years.  Good enough for him

Boycey

There's something desperately sad about people spending 90mins jeering someone for being quite a good footballer.....

An Watcher

So what for jeering Ronaldo.  He's well used to it. Portugal are no saints.  I was delighted when they won their euros but the stunts Ronaldo and all have pulled over the years.  I have no sympathy for them

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on November 11, 2021, 09:55:41 PM
There's something desperately sad about people spending 90mins jeering someone for being quite a good footballer.....
Totally agree. Disgraceful. They wouldn't do it to Messi. Maybe they should leave their club following behind when they're supposedly supporting Ireland.  A low point tonight 

Boycey

Steady on now  :) I didn't say it was disgraceful either... Just a bit small time. It's not like he's some kind of bogeyman for us... Rare enough to get one of the greats on ur own wee patch

yellowcard

Good performance tonight but it seems like there is very little middle ground on Stephen Kenny when it comes to analysis. He's either brilliant or he is useless and lots of people already have their minds made up. For me the jury is still out but the football is more entertaining and he deserves another campaign to see what he can do.

Same with Ronaldo, I'm not sure what is worse. The fact that he was booed for 90 minutes or the fact that some Irish fans were upset that he was booed for 90 minutes.

GJL

Nice touch by him at the end with the young Irish fan.

From the Bunker

Ronaldo thrives on that sort of stuff! There is nothing he loves more than being the Villain - or the hero depending on where you are looking from.

Liam Brady very cold and sore on analysis this evening. Results have been up and down, but one has to remember Kenny did not inherit a team full of confidence and direction. Blooding new player, a new system and dealing with the Covid malarkey was not an easy task.

I like football and to see it played properly. I realise it's a results game. But jez, you want to go to be entertained with skill, technique and good positional play.

Boycey

Quote from: GJL on November 11, 2021, 10:35:36 PM
Nice touch by him at the end with the young Irish fan.

Gaacraic has a picture of it on their Instagram and in the dozen comments so far she's been slagged off and he's been called a paedo... What bes in peoples heads nowadays

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 11, 2021, 10:43:02 PM
Ronaldo thrives on that sort of stuff! There is nothing he loves more than being the Villain - or the hero depending on where you are looking from.

Liam Brady very cold and sore on analysis this evening. Results have been up and down, but one has to remember Kenny did not inherit a team full of confidence and direction. Blooding new player, a new system and dealing with the Covid malarkey was not an easy task.

I like football and to see it played properly. I realise it's a results game. But jez, you want to go to be entertained with skill, technique and good positional play.

So you didn't enjoy Big Jacks time ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea