FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2018, 08:10:45 PM
Time for O'Neill to make up his mind surely.I think he is past any sort of job in the Premiership,so does he stay with Ireland or jack it in altogether

Hmmm, I think he'll follow his own advice, it's been spot on for years, but if he needs some insight into moving jobs he'll give you a call
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Looks like O'Neill is writing his international obituary hunting after these clubs jobs. He's not the man to build a team for Quatar 2022 so if Delaney has any sense he should have started the process of finding a new manager already.

But this is John Delaney we're talking about, so..

T Fearon

Really think Martin should call it a day altogether.What he did at Leicester and Celtic was tremendous.Had Ferguson retired in the mid noughties he might have had a crack at the Utd job.As it is he's not even getting the jobs that Pulis and Alderdyce are competing for,and Ireland are a busted flush.

An Watcher

Would you call it a day getting the money he's on?

Aaron Boone

Quique Flores ex-Watford now Espanyol is Stoke's first choice say local journalists. They have seen many a manager come & go at Stoke and Port Vale.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Declan

Interesting to note that there's been no contract in place since the last one ran out in November but the good old FAI have been paying the management team anyway - As usual great governance from Delaney and Co

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2018, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 05, 2018, 11:03:57 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on January 05, 2018, 10:57:00 AM
Declan Rice of West Ham, get him capped asap

Only qualifies through grandparents. Hope not another Grealish situation.

He does but he has played since u15 I think so must have some affinity.

He was in the senior squad for during 2016 but I don't think he got a game.

johnneycool

Quote from: Declan on January 12, 2018, 08:11:49 AM
Interesting to note that there's been no contract in place since the last one ran out in November but the good old FAI have been paying the management team anyway - As usual great governance from Delaney and Co

Thought Dermot Desmond picked and pays the Ireland manager?

lurganblue

Quote from: Declan on January 12, 2018, 08:11:49 AM

Was MON not given a new contract before the Wales game?

Declan

QuoteWas MON not given a new contract before the Wales game?

Nope - verbal agreement only nothing signed

QuoteThought Dermot Desmond picked and pays the Ireland manager?

Contributes to the wages but nothing else as far as I know

QuoteSo word on the street is the MO'N is off to Stoke. He's not turning up to the Soccer Writers do tomorrow.

Just heard MON and Keane are going to the do tonight so should be interesting night

Jim_Murphy_74

It would be interesting to know if it's a case that FAI and O'Neill have a verbal agreement so FAI haven't got around to drawing up contracts of their own volition or if they have and O'Neill hasn't signed them.

Also if O'Neill is "out of contract" does he still get paid?

Looking from the outside in, it all seems a little shoddy and unprofessional.

/Jim.

Declan

QuoteAlso if O'Neill is "out of contract" does he still get paid?

As far as I'm aware he is still getting paid OK Jim

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
It would be interesting to know if it's a case that FAI and O'Neill have a verbal agreement so FAI haven't got around to drawing up contracts of their own volition or if they have and O'Neill hasn't signed them.

Also if O'Neill is "out of contract" does he still get paid?

Looking from the outside in, it all seems a little shoddy and unprofessional.

/Jim.

Eh - it is the FAI Jim. Shoddy and Unprofessional goes without saying.