FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Can someone tell me why that Muppet George Hamilton thinks it's a done deal Serbia will finish top of table. They are a point ahead of Wales and 2 ahead of us. Yes they are hit favourites but hardly 100% certain.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2017, 09:37:14 PM
I nodded off to sleep after around 50 minutes of that game tonight and woke up at the full time whistle. I guess i didn't miss much?

Second half was dung. Hopefully they will play more like the first half in cardiff

Syferus

We'd make tough work of a McDonald's happy meal.

StGallsGAA

Do you think Roy and MO'N might employ Armagh GAA tactics to rattle Wales? Slap the Welsh band and mascot around a bit during the anthem?  Dump the team bus toilet contents in the car park of the Millennium stadium?  Plant women on the trains to start cat fights?   Worth a go...?  :o

laoislad

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 06, 2017, 09:40:17 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2017, 09:37:14 PM
I nodded off to sleep after around 50 minutes of that game tonight and woke up at the full time whistle. I guess i didn't miss much?

Second half was dung. Hopefully they will play more like the first half in cardiff
It was but understandable in a way with  the game already won and with some lads on yellow cards and the Wales game on the mind.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Great to see Kilkenny man Sean McGuire come on tonight.
He played for Kilkenny clubs Deen Celtic and Evergreen that I would have played against when I was playing Junior soccer in Kilkenny. Great to see a fella like that make it.

An Watcher

Yes great to see the LOI top scorer getting a run

omagh_gael

Quote from: Itchy on October 06, 2017, 09:38:13 PM
Can someone tell me why that Muppet George Hamilton thinks it's a done deal Serbia will finish top of table. They are a point ahead of Wales and 2 ahead of us. Yes they are hit favourites but hardly 100% certain.

Probably because they play Georgia at home in their final fixture. However, crazier things have happened. Would be some craic if they got held to a draw and we nipped a win in Cardiff.

Just goes to show how costly our run of poor draws in recent games was. One win in those games would have given us a great chance of going through automatically.

stiffler

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 07, 2017, 09:03:40 AM

Probably because they play Georgia at home in their final fixture. However, crazier things have happened. Would be some craic if they got held to a draw and we nipped a win in Cardiff.

Just goes to show how costly our run of poor draws in recent games was. One win in those games would have given us a great chance of going through automatically.

If Serbia draw and who tops the group ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on October 07, 2017, 09:08:01 AM

Would depend on how much we were to beat Wales by as Serbia have a superior goal difference and they would win on head to head games as they beat us. There was a debate here earlier about head to head or goal difference being the deciding factor if teams finished level. Which one is it do we know?

It's not gonna happen anyway. Ireland should just concentrate on beating Wales which I'm sure they are.
I'm tired of reading all about what needs to happen in other groups. If we don't beat Wales it won't matter about the other groups!

shark

Quote from: laoislad on October 07, 2017, 09:12:37 AM
Quote from: stiffler on October 07, 2017, 09:08:01 AM

Would depend on how much we were to beat Wales by as Serbia have a superior goal difference and they would win on head to head games as they beat us. There was a debate here earlier about head to head or goal difference being the deciding factor if teams finished level. Which one is it do we know?

It's not gonna happen anyway. Ireland should just concentrate on beating Wales which I'm sure they are.
I'm tired of reading all about what needs to happen in other groups. If we don't beat Wales it won't matter about the other groups!

It's goal difference. I and others were wrong to say head to head earlier.

If Serbia draw then we need to beat Wales by 5 to top the group. Best case 2nd place

Itchy

I'm fairly sure he assumed it was a mathematical impossibility as he said it numerous times. Poor stuff from a commentator.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on October 07, 2017, 10:57:52 AM

I'm fairly sure he assumed it was a mathematical impossibility as he said it numerous times. Poor stuff from a commentator.

He was the same during the last qualification campaign. He celebrated Poland getting a late equalizer against Scotland, the night we beat Germany!

stew

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 07, 2017, 11:52:03 AM

He was the same during the last qualification campaign. He celebrated Poland getting a late equalizer against Scotland, the night we beat Germany!
Martin O'Neill has to go, his team is as exciting to watch as England, maybe even worse, I cannot believe they are extending his contract, the football is dirge!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on October 07, 2017, 02:46:48 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 07, 2017, 11:52:03 AM

Martin O'Neill has to go, his team is as exciting to watch as England, maybe even worse, I cannot believe they are extending his contract, the football is dirge!

What type of football were you expecting to see with such a average group of players?  England are no great shakes themselves but at least they have a team full of Premier league starters unlike O'Neill team.