FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 24, 2017, 11:11:59 PM
Arnautovic is out of the Ireland v Austria game with a suspension. We need all the lucky breaks we can get.

Hopefully Alaba picks up a wee knock beforehand.

clarshack

Quote from: yellowcard on March 24, 2017, 10:46:20 PM
Horrible tackle on Coleman. Bizarre seeing Roy Keane sympathising with Taylor after he was sent off given the state of his captains leg on the floor.

Maybe because Keane has been in Taylor's shoes?

tyssam5

Quote from: ballinaman on March 24, 2017, 10:18:25 PM
Horrendous injury for Coleman.
Double leg fracture like that is a year minimum usually...will struggle to be the same player again. Terrible  :(

Henrik Larsson came back quickly and well from a bad break - hopefully Seamus gets some luck like that.

ballinaman

Quote from: tyssam5 on March 24, 2017, 11:26:18 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 24, 2017, 10:18:25 PM
Horrendous injury for Coleman.
Double leg fracture like that is a year minimum usually...will struggle to be the same player again. Terrible  :(

Henrik Larsson came back quickly and well from a bad break - hopefully Seamus gets some luck like that.
Fingers crossed, medics were brilliant. Leg stabilised and off the pitch in under 4 minutes. He'll be having surgery tonight. Am sickened over it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: laoislad on March 24, 2017, 10:00:14 PM
Christ,just seen a picture on Twitter of Coleman's leg just after tackle...Not good. Hopefully he will make a full and speedy recovery.
Hope I'm wrong but having seen the pictures he will be lucky if he ever plays the game again. It wouldn't have happened if the ref did his job and sent Bale off for a earlier terrible tackle.

Tony Baloney

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 24, 2017, 11:36:44 PM
Christ,just seen a picture on Twitter of Coleman's leg just after tackle...Not good. Hopefully he will make a full and speedy recovery.
Hope I'm wrong but having seen the pictures he will be lucky if he ever plays the game again. It wouldn't have happened if the ref did his job and sent Bale off for a earlier terrible tackle.
True

Jell 0 Biafra

My thoughts exactly right after the hackjob on Coleman.

clarshack

if the ref did his job and sent Bale off for a earlier terrible tackle.

One of the perks of playing for Real Madrid.

Minus15

I don't believe Christie had a good game. Passing was terrible. Took a few long throws and that was about it. McGeady done alright for last 15 mins. At least it looked like something might come from him.

I thought Bale on O'Shea could have been a red card but it was an experienced ref who called it right in my opinion. Bale was trying to connect with the cross and did not mean to make contact. But it was high and had the potential to do damage.

Overall it is a good point. Shane Long is a trojan of a centre forward.

Hectic

Only saw the second half as I coach juvenilles on a Friday evening but I thought Wales were fairly putting the boot in even before the Bale and Taylor 'tackles'. Couple of very high boots in quick succession and generally seemed to be out to take man and ball in their tackling.

I listened to Coleman after and he sounded like he was almost blaming Ireland for Colemans break stating the case that we saw in the first half that Ireland were out to rough house them and that they knew that is what Ireland were going to be about. Almost to say any strong arm tactics were a response to Ireland in the first half.

Like I said, did not see the first half but Ireland must have been fairly brutal in their tackling to cause Wales to come out in the second half tackling high with studs showing all round. Or else Chris Coleman is a sc*mbag.

yellowcard

Quote from: Hectic on March 25, 2017, 07:57:53 AM
Only saw the second half as I coach juvenilles on a Friday evening but I thought Wales were fairly putting the boot in even before the Bale and Taylor 'tackles'. Couple of very high boots in quick succession and generally seemed to be out to take man and ball in their tackling.

I listened to Coleman after and he sounded like he was almost blaming Ireland for Colemans break stating the case that we saw in the first half that Ireland were out to rough house them and that they knew that is what Ireland were going to be about. Almost to say any strong arm tactics were a response to Ireland in the first half.

Like I said, did not see the first half but Ireland must have been fairly brutal in their tackling to cause Wales to come out in the second half tackling high with studs showing all round. Or else Chris Coleman is a sc*mbag.

I would say Ireland were robust and aggressive in the first half with the Whelan elbow on Allen (who made a complete meal of it) being the worst example. That was a yellow/borderline red tackle. However there is a big difference in being overly physical and the reckless dangerous tackles put in by Bale and Taylor. The referee bottled the Bale tackle and look at the outcome. Colemans comments afterwards were at best highly insensitive towards Colemans condition. It may well have been his instructions to rough Ireland up that created the backdrop for Taylor to lunge into such a tackle.

omagh_gael

Nothing dirty in terms of reckless sliding tackles, however, there were occasions (Whealen on Allen being the worst) when we led with the elbow going for high balls.

Whilst Taylor's challenge caused horrendous damage, looking back at the replays in not 100% sure that he went in dangerously high with both feet rsised. It was reckless in the extreme but I don't think it was intended to cause injury. Coleman came in at great speed and Taylor's legs appear to scissor grab Coleman's right leg and wasn't overly high. The leg broke on contact when Coleman struck through the ball a moment before Taylor arrived. I still think it was a red every day of the week as players have a duty of care towards their opponents and Taylor went in too reckless. I still believe it wasn't to cause serious injury.

ballinaman

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 25, 2017, 08:39:24 AM
Nothing dirty in terms of reckless sliding tackles, however, there were occasions (Whealen on Allen being the worst) when we led with the elbow going for high balls.

Whilst Taylor's challenge caused horrendous damage, looking back at the replays in not 100% sure that he went in dangerously high with both feet rsised. It was reckless in the extreme but I don't think it was intended to cause injury. Coleman came in at great speed and Taylor's legs appear to scissor grab Coleman's right leg and wasn't overly high. The leg broke on contact when Coleman struck through the ball a moment before Taylor arrived. I still think it was a red every day of the week as players have a duty of care towards their opponents and Taylor went in too reckless. I still believe it wasn't to cause serious injury.
Taylor the only man who knows that for sure.

Minus15

Quote from: ballinaman on March 25, 2017, 08:47:21 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 25, 2017, 08:39:24 AM

Taylor the only man who knows that for sure.

Ah lads. There is no way he tried to cause what happened or anywhere near it. A player isn't going to do that and take a red card for his troubles. If they see a chance to go in hard they may take it but they wouldn't be intentionally trying to injure the player. It is not like the Keane Haaland one where there was previous between the two players. Coleman would be a likeable played and dirt just isn't a part of his game so very much doubt he would be targeted in this way. I am sure Taylor is regretting it too. It was wreckless and dangerous but that happens somewhere every other week and does not mean people are deliberately trying to cause serious injury their opponents.