FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: ashman on August 03, 2016, 10:12:36 PM
Would be great if Dundalk beat Celtic and socked it in to the sky barstoolers in this country.

Remember Pats nearly did it in. 1998 drawing 0-0 in Scotland .  The home leg was played at Tolka which was a bad call .
Not sure what you mean by "Sky barstooler", but outside of Ulster and pockets of Dublin city, the number of Celtic supporters is diminishing. I'm sure the vast majority of those who support English teams would be cheering on Dundalk if that tie came about.
And if it did, Dundalk would certainly play their home game in the Aviva.

laoislad

Dundalks next game will be played in the Aviva.
I would imagine if they qualify all home games will also be played there? As will the Europa League games maybe if that's the competition they are in.
I'll probably go along to the next game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Wouldn't think there'd be the sustained interest to play a whole Europa campaign at Aviva? Possibly a one off game against a big draw like United maybe? Rovers played their group games in Tallaght a few years back didn't they.

ashman

Cork well beat tonight but Genk are a serious outfit .  Think they could beat any of the champions teams in the Champs league final round . 

T Fearon

Changed times.I remember being among a 17,000 capacity crowd packed into Oriel Park in 1979 to witness Dundalk hit the crossbar late on (a goal would have put them through to the quarter finals of the European Cup) against Celtic.Bobby Lennox,who was playing that night,told me not so long ago that Celtic were lucky to survive that night.

Mc Grain,Aitken,McLeod,Burns were also in the Celtic team that night.

No health and safety obsession in those days.Apparently Dundalk will have to pay a six figure sum per game to rent the Aviva

omaghjoe

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2016, 05:11:33 AM
Changed times.I remember being among a 17,000 capacity crowd packed into Oriel Park in 1979 to witness Dundalk hit the crossbar late on (a goal would have put them through to the quarter finals of the European Cup) against Celtic.Bobby Lennox,who was playing that night,told me not so long ago that Celtic were lucky to survive that night.

Mc Grain,Aitken,McLeod,Burns were also in the Celtic team that night.

No health and safety obsession in those days.Apparently Dundalk will have to pay a six figure sum per game to rent the Aviva

Does that include pence/cents

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

hopefully Legia won't forget to throw on an ineligible player in the final moments  :P

ashman

Toughest draw possible .  Pity but they still have a chance .   

Gabriel_Hurl

Robbie Keane announces his retirement from international football

T Fearon

Legend.His goalscoring record in the green jersey will never be equalled and few lads will ever play for giant clubs like Spurs,Celtic and Inter

Capt Pat

He will be missed. Who do we have coming through to replace him?

Ulick

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2016, 05:57:22 PM
Legend.His goalscoring record in the green jersey will never be equalled and few lads will ever play for giant clubs like Spurs,Celtic and Inter

Did he ever play for Inter? I seem to remember the big criticism of him a few years back was that he was an underachiever primarily because he was jumping from club to club during his best days presumably for the money. Did that ever change?

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2016, 05:57:22 PM
Average player. Great business plan.