FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Some craic in Sarajevo last night judging by the whataspp vids I've got from friends over there...pub was hopping.

Mon Ireland...a solid 1-1 victory for us will do nicely. I hope the players know how important these 2 games are...dictating my summer holidays next year.

general_lee

Quote from: laoislad on November 13, 2015, 11:19:37 AM
Some amount of negativity on here! Ireland actually have a decent enough away record.
I'm going 1-1 tonight and a 1-0 at the Aviva.
COYBIG!
Agreed, why all the pessimism? When's the last time Ireland were beaten 2 or 3 nil?

Tonight is all about calm heads, game management and taking whatever chances come our way. We could really do with big Jon Walters or Shane Long as their physicality is suited to a tie like this, that said Daryl Murphy isn't exactly a wee pube.

I had one eye on the Norway Hungary game last night and Norway completely out classed them in every department apart from on the scoreboard. Hungary were on the ropes throughout but held on for the win, I don't see why Ireland can't do the same.

Esmarelda

John Giles was on with Pat Kenny earlier and he suggests that Ireland should take the game on its merits.

Sounds like a plan.

Pub Bore

Though I think we've a poor team at the moment, my gut tells me we'll get through over the 2 legs.  Would help if we could nick a goal tonight.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

oakleaflad

Ireland: Randolph, Coleman, Clark, Keogh, Ward, Whelan, McCarthy, Hendrick, Hoolahan, Brady, Murphy

From the Bunker

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 13, 2015, 06:45:55 PM
Ireland: Randolph, Coleman, Clark, Keogh, Ward, Whelan, McCarthy, Hendrick, Hoolahan, Brady, Murphy

Not much else MON could do with suspensions and injuries. At least Hoolahan starts. I wonder was this out of desperation? As MON does not seem to fancy the lad.

Anyway hope we are still it at least when we bring them back to the Aviva.

Pub Bore

dec

The game is being shown on ESPN2 - Yeah
Tommy Smyth is doing commentary - #%!&

From the Bunker

WE are doing a good job of dragging them down to our level!

Referee giving us everything as well!

general_lee

So far so good... The only real difference between the sides is Bosnia look slightly more dangerous on attack. I'm surprised, I expected them to have much more possession.

ashman

Quote from: general_lee on November 13, 2015, 08:33:20 PM
So far so good... The only real difference between the sides is Bosnia look slightly more dangerous on attack. I'm surprised, I expected them to have much more possession.

Pitch looks small : suits Eire.

SHEEDY

So far so good but its not easy watching. They aren't great but they have correctly identified our left side as a weak link, all their attacks are down our left side.
nil satis nisi optimum