FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2015, 10:52:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 11, 2015, 10:48:38 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on November 11, 2015, 10:36:54 PM
Think I read somewhere that the bosnian stadium has a capacity of ten thousand or so.  Hardly intimidating for most of the eire team although possibly like playing in a league of Ireland stadium.

Asim Ferhatović Hase Stadium = 37.5K

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asim_Ferhatovi%C4%87_Hase_Stadium
The match isn't being played there. Its being played here
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilino_Polje_Stadium

Great! Sorry presumed they'd play at the bigger stadium. Seems a small Stadium for such a big match?

stiffler

Bosnia to qualify at 4/5 looks a cracking price.

Hope I am wrong.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

T Fearon

21/10 Bosnia to win to nil on Friday.Hard to resist that price

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2015, 11:07:44 PM

I honestly think the Republic will get in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ashman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2015, 11:28:09 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2015, 11:07:44 PM

I honestly think the Republic will get in

Team Southern Mutineers will find this hard.

general_lee

I am quietly confident going into the first leg of this tie despite the injuries and suspensions. The Bosnians have a solid team but it is not beyond Ireland to get a result. I imagine the main aim is to not concede which is a big ask especially with the threat from Dzeko. O Shea will be a big miss here. I'd bite your hand off for a 0-0 right now and I'm sure MON would too. Like all games of this nature, so long as they stay organised at the back and keep focused throughout without any stupid mistakes they should have enough to get a result.

oakleaflad

Think we might need an away goal myself. Can see Bosnia getting one in the second leg if they need it. Something like a 1-1 would be a great result.

general_lee

Deaf agree the Bosnians haven't failed to score at home throughout their campaign but it's hard to gauge as they had a bit of a revival midway through, looking at their results they didn't seem to do too much damage on the road which gives us some hope. They only scored 7 goals in 5 away games, three v Andorra and Cyprus and one against Belgium in a 3-1 defeat.

An Watcher

I think we can get at their defence.  We have all heard about dzeko n pjanic but nothing about their defence. There holding midfielder is suspended for tomorrow night so there're playing a fella with sturm graz. Take a 2-2 draw now!

stew

Quote from: An Watcher on November 12, 2015, 05:45:19 PM
I think we can get at their defence.  We have all heard about dzeko n pjanic but nothing about their defence. There holding midfielder is suspended for tomorrow night so there're playing a fella with sturm graz. Take a 2-2 draw now!

2-0 defeat on the cards, the ROI will be predictable and shut up shop, time waste and hit them on the break when they can, they will score and then the Republic will come out of their shell an get hit on the break.

I wish they would go for it, get aggressive and nick a couple of goals, a 2-2 draw would probably do the trick, I am pulling for tham as I support ALL Irish teams in every sporting endeavor! ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

TBH i can only see us scoring from a set piece...i would say a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat is on the cards tonight. I just hope we have something to play for going into Monday's return leg, a 2-0 defeat would be too much for us i believe. As someone stated i would also bit your arm off for a 0-0 tonight but can't see it due to too many injuries and suspensions & old age (Sorry Robbie).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

50fiftyball

Dzeko anytime and Bosnia win in 90 mins @ 11/4 looks a solid bet, but didn't we beat the world champions! COME ON IRELAND

Megaman

Really worried it could be pretty much over after the first leg.

I hope im wrong, but i could see a 2 or 3 nil defeat.

laoislad

Some amount of negativity on here! Ireland actually have a decent enough away record.
I'm going 1-1 tonight and a 1-0 at the Aviva.
COYBIG!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

A 1-1 tonight would be a  miles better than 0-0. What time is it at?

1-1 tonight and 0-0 at home. Oxo.