Hungary - 60/40 chance

ballinaman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 13, 2015, 10:58:25 PM
Ukraine - we're out,
Sweden - ditto,
Bosnia - 50/50 chance,
Hungary - 60/40 chance
Sweden are on the slide.
Agree with regards to Ukraine...watched about 20 mins of game v Spain last night, looked v good. De Gea pulling off great saves.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on October 13, 2015, 10:44:43 PM
Watched second half of Spain-Ukraine here last night and the Ukrainians tore them apart for large chunks of it. Wouldn't fancy them at all
Right enough, all their top players were playing!

Idiot!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Maroon Manc

The only team I'd be worried about is Ukraine. I really don't understand why people are worrying about Sweden, they finished 3rd in their group for a reason; Look at their squad, there's not a great deal of quality in it. Avoid Ukraine and I will expect us to qualify and even then Ukraine finished 3 points behind Slovakia.

I'd imagine all the seeded teams will be looking to avoid us.

illdecide

The 20 teams that have qualified for UEFA EURO 2016 can start to think about the finals draw in Paris on 12 December after the UEFA national team coefficient rankings, that will determined the seedings, were announced.

The rankings published today after the end of the nine qualifying groups decided seedings for the play-off draw on 18 October. The positions following those ties in November will determine the pots for the finals draw.

• Hosts France take position one in Group A and holders Spain were also guaranteed a place in the highest seeding tier regardless of ranking.

Watch: Perfect England
• Joining Spain in Pot 1 are Germany, England, Portugal and Belgium, who all topped their qualifying groups.

• Definitely in Pot 2 are Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Austria and Croatia.

• If Bosnia and Herzegovina win their play-off, they will also be in Pot 2. If they lose, Ukraine can enter that pot by winning their play-off. If both teams lose, the Czech Republic will be the sixth team in Pot 2.

• Definitely in Pot 4 are Iceland, Wales, Albania and Northern Ireland.

• The Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey must wait until the play-offs are completed to discover which pots they will be in.

Overall, compared with the rankings at the time of the UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying draw, Austria have leapt 15 places to 11th, Iceland rose 11 to 27th while Belgium and Poland both went up ten positions. Like Iceland, Northern Ireland and Albania were both in Pot 5 when the qualifying draw was made; eliminated pair the Netherlands and Greece were in Pot 1.

*The national team coefficients are calculated on a country's recent results. In the current rankings, 20% weighting is given to UEFA EURO 2012 results (qualifying/final tournament), and 40% each to the 2014 FIFA World Cup (qualifying/final tournament) and UEFA EURO 2016 (qualifying).

Highlights: Germany beat Poland
Coefficients of teams qualified for the final tournament
France (46.416) – guaranteed in Group A, position 1 as hosts
Spain (37.962) – guaranteed in Pot 1 as holders
Germany (40.236) – Pot 1
England (35.963) – Pot 1
Portugal (35.138) – Pot 1
Belgium (34.442) – Pot 1
Italy (34.345) – Pot 2
Russia (31.345) – Pot 2
Switzerland (31.254) – Pot 2
Austria (30.932) – Pot 2
Croatia (30.642) – Pot 2
Czech Republic (29.403) – tbc
Poland (28.306) – tbc
Romania (28.038) – tbc
Slovakia (27.171) – tbc
Turkey (27.033) – tbc
Iceland (25.388) – Pot 4
Wales (24.531) – Pot 4
Albania (23.216) – Pot 4
Northern Ireland (22.61) – Pot 4

Coefficients of teams in play-offs
Bosnia and Herzegovina (30.367) – seeded
Ukraine (30.313) – seeded
Sweden (29.028) – seeded
Hungary (27.142) – seeded
Denmark (27.140) – unseeded
Republic of Ireland (26.902) – unseeded
Norway (26.439) – unseeded
Slovenia (25.441) – unseeded
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Sweden and Hungary are the seeds for the UEFA EURO 2016 play-off draw, which will be streamed live on UEFA.com from 11.20CET on Sunday. Denmark, the Republic of Ireland, Norway and Slovenia are their possible opponents.

The eight teams involved in the play-offs were those that finished third in their qualifying groups other than Turkey, who secured a finals place as the nation with the best record against the sides first, second, fourth and fifth in their section.

Seedings
The eight teams in the draw will be divided into two groups of seeded and non-seeded teams, based on the latest UEFA national team coefficient rankings. Each fixture will pit a seeded team against a non-seeded team.

Seeded: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Sweden, Hungary
Unseeded: Denmark, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Slovenia

The play-off draw procedure
When are the play-off ties?
First legs: 12/13/14 November 2015
Second legs: 15/16/17 November 2015

SEEDED

Bosnia and Herzegovina (third in Group B)
Top scorer: Edin Džeko (7 goals)
Qualifying record: P10 W5 D2 L3 F17 A12 Pts17
EURO best: never qualified
Last EURO: N/A
EURO appearances: 0

Ukraine (third in Group C)
Top scorer: Andriy Yarmolenko (4 goals)
Qualifying record: P10 W6 D1 L3 F14 A4 Pts19
EURO best: group stage 2012
Last EURO: 2012 (group stage)
EURO appearances: 1 (2012)

Sweden (third in Group G)
Top scorer: Zlatan Ibrahimović (8 goals)
Qualifying record: P10 W5 D3 L2 F15 A9 Pts18
EURO best: semi-finals 1992
EURO appearances: 5 (1992, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012)

Hungary (third in Group F)
Top scorer: Dániel Böde, Krisztián Németh (2 goals)
Qualifying record: P10 W4 D4 L2 F11 A9 Pts16
EURO best: third place 1964
Last EURO: 1972 (fourth place)
EURO appearances: 2 (1964, 1972)

UNSEEDED

Denmark (third in Group I)
Top scorer: Nicklas Bendtner (2 goals)
Qualifying record: P8 W3 D3 L2 F8 A5 Pts12
EURO best: winners 1992
EURO appearances: 8 (1964, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2012)

Republic of Ireland (third in Group D)
Top scorer: Robbie Keane (5 goals)
Qualifying record: P10 W5 D3 L2 F19 A7 Pts18
EURO best: group stage 1988, 2012
EURO appearances: 2 (1988, 2012)

Norway (third in Group H)
Top scorer: Alexander Tettey (3 goals)
Qualifying record: P10 W6 D1 L3 F13 A10 Pts19
EURO best: group stage 2000
Last EURO: 2000
EURO appearances: 1 (2000)

Slovenia (third in Group E)
Top scorer: Milivoje Novakovič (6 goals)
Qualifying record: P10 W5 D1 L4 F18 A11 Pts16
EURO best: group stage 2000
Last EURO: 2000
EURO appearances: 1 (2000)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

deiseach

Quote from: illdecide on October 14, 2015, 12:06:57 PM
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Sweden and Hungary are the seeds for the UEFA EURO 2016 play-off draw, which will be streamed live on UEFA.com from 11.20CET on Sunday. Denmark, the Republic of Ireland, Norway and Slovenia are their possible opponents.

Knowing the way Uefa and Fifa rip the piss out of these draws ("here is Pelé to draw the home teams" *applause, videos of him scoring goals, softball questions from middle-aged apparatchik* . . . "and here is Gisele Bündchen to draw the away teams" *applause, videos of Tom Brady throwing the ball, softball questions from middle-aged apparatchik staring at her cleavage*), we might not know who we have before the rugby starts!

mouview

We must hope that we draw the best team, whoever they are, so that our execution may be swift and merciful. Regardless of opponent, we will be the technically poorest team in the play-offs, and even should we progress, maybe even the poorest at the finals itself, (though the Norn are probably not hectic either.) No point in going next year, travelling about France making eejits of ourselves like 4 years ago in Poland. We'd bring zilch to the tournament and it's unlikely to improve us as a squad, given that our 1 skillful player is already well over 30. End it now so we don't have to spend 3 weeks next June cringing and watching between our fingers.

JoG2

Quote from: mouview on October 14, 2015, 12:31:24 PM
We must hope that we draw the best team, whoever they are, so that our execution may be swift and merciful. Regardless of opponent, we will be the technically poorest team in the play-offs, and even should we progress, maybe even the poorest at the finals itself, (though the Norn are probably not hectic either.) No point in going next year, travelling about France making eejits of ourselves like 4 years ago in Poland. We'd bring zilch to the tournament and it's unlikely to improve us as a squad, given that our 1 skillful player is already well over 30. End it now so we don't have to spend 3 weeks next June cringing and watching between our fingers.

Nobody is making you watch

there would be a picture of you in an Irish edition of Pictionary. An irish man:  aka Mr Negative. His glass is constantly half empty, a serial begrudger who could whinge and whine for a living.

I can hardly ask the wife to go on a lads trip to France next year if the boyos don't qualify ! Keep it positive man

mouview

Quote from: JoG2 on October 14, 2015, 12:37:10 PM

there would be a picture of you in an Irish edition of Pictionary. An irish man:  aka Mr Negative. His glass is constantly half empty, a serial begrudger who could whinge and whine for a living.

How did you know that?

Esmarelda

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 14, 2015, 11:13:09 AM
The only team I'd be worried about is Ukraine. I really don't understand why people are worrying about Sweden, they finished 3rd in their group for a reason; Look at their squad, there's not a great deal of quality in it. Avoid Ukraine and I will expect us to qualify and even then Ukraine finished 3 points behind Slovakia.

Finally some positivity.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 14, 2015, 12:43:41 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 14, 2015, 11:13:09 AM

Finally some positivity.

Its just reality, the negative lot should take a look at our potential opponents squads.

An Watcher

Whoever we get are gonna wish they never drew Ireland.  We're going to give them a footballing lesson!!

general_lee

I'd hope for Hungary obviously. Sweden are no slouches I wouldn't be hopeful against them or Ukraine. Bosnia likewise could be a handful. It's all down to luck of the draw though and equally as important is the order of the home/away leg. Wouldn't fancy travelling to any of them hoping to nick a goal.

stew

Quote from: illdecide on October 14, 2015, 12:01:03 PM
The 20 teams that have qualified for UEFA EURO 2016 can start to think about the finals draw in Paris on 12 December after the UEFA national team coefficient rankings, that will determined the seedings, were announced.

The rankings published today after the end of the nine qualifying groups decided seedings for the play-off draw on 18 October. The positions following those ties in November will determine the pots for the finals draw.

• Hosts France take position one in Group A and holders Spain were also guaranteed a place in the highest seeding tier regardless of ranking.

Watch: Perfect England
• Joining Spain in Pot 1 are Germany, England, Portugal and Belgium, who all topped their qualifying groups.

• Definitely in Pot 2 are Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Austria and Croatia.

• If Bosnia and Herzegovina win their play-off, they will also be in Pot 2. If they lose, Ukraine can enter that pot by winning their play-off. If both teams lose, the Czech Republic will be the sixth team in Pot 2.

• Definitely in Pot 4 are Iceland, Wales, Albania and Northern Ireland.

• The Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey must wait until the play-offs are completed to discover which pots they will be in.

Overall, compared with the rankings at the time of the UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying draw, Austria have leapt 15 places to 11th, Iceland rose 11 to 27th while Belgium and Poland both went up ten positions. Like Iceland, Northern Ireland and Albania were both in Pot 5 when the qualifying draw was made; eliminated pair the Netherlands and Greece were in Pot 1.

*The national team coefficients are calculated on a country's recent results. In the current rankings, 20% weighting is given to UEFA EURO 2012 results (qualifying/final tournament), and 40% each to the 2014 FIFA World Cup (qualifying/final tournament) and UEFA EURO 2016 (qualifying).

Highlights: Germany beat Poland
Coefficients of teams qualified for the final tournament
France (46.416) – guaranteed in Group A, position 1 as hosts
Spain (37.962) – guaranteed in Pot 1 as holders
Germany (40.236) – Pot 1
England (35.963) – Pot 1
Portugal (35.138) – Pot 1
Belgium (34.442) – Pot 1
Italy (34.345) – Pot 2
Russia (31.345) – Pot 2
Switzerland (31.254) – Pot 2
Austria (30.932) – Pot 2
Croatia (30.642) – Pot 2
Czech Republic (29.403) – tbc
Poland (28.306) – tbc
Romania (28.038) – tbc
Slovakia (27.171) – tbc
Turkey (27.033) – tbc
Iceland (25.388) – Pot 4
Wales (24.531) – Pot 4
Albania (23.216) – Pot 4
Northern Ireland (22.61) – Pot 4

Coefficients of teams in play-offs
Bosnia and Herzegovina (30.367) – seeded
Ukraine (30.313) – seeded
Sweden (29.028) – seeded
Hungary (27.142) – seeded
Denmark (27.140) – unseeded
Republic of Ireland (26.902) – unseeded
Norway (26.439) – unseeded
Slovenia (25.441) – unseeded

Wales are ranked what 11th in the rankings and they are in the fourth pot? Crazy.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.