FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Quite amused by headline in one of the tabloids this morning! "Smiley Cyrus sets Ireland on the way!" ;D

An Watcher

Looking into my crystal ball........22 Germany, 18 Poland, 15 Eire, 12 Scotland.  Think this is how things will stand come the last game with Germany beating everyone and Poland and Scotland drawing.  Scotland will win their last game n finish level with us unless we get something in Poland. Lose and we're out,  draw and we're third, win and we're second! Crazy scenario going into the final game.
A point at home against the Germans could be huge going into the final game while a Scottish win against the poles could seriously pile the pressure on us.

deiseach

stew

Quote from: dec on September 04, 2015, 09:33:59 PM
https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/639896643526098944

Robbie Keane's record for Ireland is remarkable: That is 18 years in a row he has scored in an international game!

Aye and he will never get the recognition he deserves from a lot of supporters which is a shame.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

I have great time for him, and he always turns up for Ireland and does his best, but it has to be said (before Seanie does :) ) that a lot of his goals come against teams that you would expect any decent goalscorer to get. He hoovers up the penos as well. Still he has scored against the likes of France and Germany too, so as I said, I have great time for him. That said, if he scores another goal for Ireland, he'll be level with Der Bomber, Gerd Muller, and that just seems wrong :)

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2015, 03:17:14 PM
I have great time for him, and he always turns up for Ireland and does his best, but it has to be said (before Seanie does :) ) that a lot of his goals come against teams that you would expect any decent goalscorer to get. He hoovers up the penos as well. Still he has scored against the likes of France and Germany too, so as I said, I have great time for him. That said, if he scores another goal for Ireland, he'll be level with Der Bomber, Gerd Muller, and that just seems wrong :)

I've been accused of being harsh on Robbie over the years and maybe I have been but his record is absolutely incredible. The fact that he's still our most dangerous goal threat says a lot about him (in a positive way) and unfortunately our team (not so positive). The MLS suits him and his confidence is at an all time high.

For tonight I'd start Long and bring on Robbie if we're not 2 ahead heading into the last 20-25 mins.

We're rank to watch most of the time but please God let tonight be different. C'mon Ireland!!!!

thewobbler

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2015, 03:17:14 PM

I defy anyone to name me a striker who doesn't score the majority of his goals against weaker teams.

general_lee

I'd go the other way round, start Robbie and give the CBs a good run around, two bean poles at the back for them who would aerially be strong but may struggle with his intelligent movement. Bring Long on for last half hour, he never gets long enough game time to make any sort of impact. Would bite your hand off for a 1-0 win right now.

laoislad

When Robbie retires(probably sometime around the year 2030)he will rightly be regarded as the greatest ever striker Ireland have ever had and one of Irelands greatest ever players full stop.
Looking forward to tonight now, with a bit of luck we could be 4 ahead of the Scots with two games left to play.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

oakleaflad

Ireland team

Given; Coleman, O Shea, Clark, Brady; McCarthy, Whelan, Hendrick; Hoolahan; Walters, Keane

5 Sams

Such an important game and its not a sell out. Times have changed...what's the problem? Ticket prices?
The Aristocrat Years

Muck Savage

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 07, 2015, 08:06:38 PM
Such an important game and its not a sell out. Times have changed...what's the problem? Ticket prices?

165k in Croke Park over the weekend. Maybe no one has money left!
Hard to watch this style of football.

galwayman

Ireland are extremely hard to watch.

Bord na Mona man

#
It would be a factor. People are now out of the habit of going. They should offer the tickets at a nominal price for the friendlies to try and get people interested in going to the qualifiers.